Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Classic Cars Monthly Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Historic Racing & Motorsport History > Historic Racing Today

Old 10 Sep 2021, 14:18 (Ref:4072938)   #26
E.B
Veteran

United Kingdom
About 7kms East of Albert Park Melbourne
E.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by zefarelly View Post
I saw the Ferrari 1512 being unloaded from a truck opposite my office/factory the other day. Pretty car!
Funnily enough I was looking and listening to one on youtube only yesterday.
Beautiful car with a fabulous sound from a 1.5 litre flat 12. MMMMM

https://youtu.be/vXsCbBxkr90
Old 11 Sep 2021, 07:50 (Ref:4073039)   #27
Mike Crow
Racer

Mike Crow should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Looks ok to me, If anything Goodwood have been trying to shoehorn in too much in recent years .

I saw the Ferrari 1512 being unloaded from a truck opposite my office/factory the other day. Pretty car!
Think they are struggling with spectators too. They are now offering afternoon only tickets which at £45 a pop seem pretty lousy value.
Old 11 Sep 2021, 08:56 (Ref:4073046)   #28
zefarelly
Veteran

European Union
zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!
I'm hoping to get down Friday afternoon, start work early as the office opens at 7 and finish at 11, about a mile away . . . Lambretta right up to the gate
Old 11 Sep 2021, 10:40 (Ref:4073060)   #29
GCCheddaris
Veteran

England
Weymouth
GCCheddaris should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Friday afternoon tickets down to £35 and tickets still available all three days - first time Goodwood hasn't been sold out ?
Old 13 Sep 2021, 13:31 (Ref:4073630)   #30
zefarelly
Veteran

European Union
zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!
just had a good look at the 1512, in a unit over the road with a small fleet inc a Stanguelini and 3 American Mecka-Nicks.
Old 13 Sep 2021, 21:47 (Ref:4073721)   #31
Thundersports
Veteran

Balearic Islands
On the dark side of the moon
Thundersports should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by GCCheddaris View Post
Friday afternoon tickets down to £35 and tickets still available all three days - first time Goodwood hasn't been sold out ?
Good i'm bloody pleased about that.
Old 14 Sep 2021, 10:57 (Ref:4073790)   #32
piekey
Rookie

piekey should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Crow View Post
Think they are struggling with spectators too. They are now offering afternoon only tickets which at £45 a pop seem pretty lousy value.
I'm sure when my pal applied for fri/sat admision tkts a few wks ago, it was sold out. I think they have invented another quick buck sure fire way of creating even more revenue.
Old 14 Sep 2021, 12:18 (Ref:4073807)   #33
Anyopenroad
Veteran

England
London
Anyopenroad has a real shot at the championship!Anyopenroad has a real shot at the championship!Anyopenroad has a real shot at the championship!Anyopenroad has a real shot at the championship!Anyopenroad has a real shot at the championship!Anyopenroad has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by piekey View Post
I'm sure when my pal applied for fri/sat admision tkts a few wks ago, it was sold out. I think they have invented another quick buck sure fire way of creating even more revenue.
It’s also possible that they set the initial ticket capacity cautiously to allow for continued rules on social distancing, capacity and/or having to do entry tests, and that more tickets have been released as they become confident this won’t be the case. They may well also have challenges around temporary staff and facilities like portaloos and electrical equipment, all of which have been in short supply over the summer.

Or Lord March may just be an *******. I haven’t met him, I don’t know.

But of those two broad explanations, my money is on the first.
Old 14 Sep 2021, 12:24 (Ref:4073809)   #34
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
I was there yesterday for the volunteers briefing. I'll be doing all three days again, stewarding a grandstand. We had a long address from the Duke and as far as we could see, there will be no limit on capacity. They are still looking for more volunteers even though there seemed to be a heck of a lot of us there yesterday! They are still getting the site ready. I haven't been to Goodwood since I was about 4 years old and even with no 'punters' there and nothing happening on track, it feels completely different to anywhere else. I think the suggestion that they originally had a limited capacity is almost certainly correct. A bit like the FOS where they said that Friday, Saturday and Sunday were sold out in advance but they clearly weren't.
Old 15 Sep 2021, 17:24 (Ref:4074108)   #35
Tel 911S
Veteran

Tel 911S should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridTel 911S should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Supposed to be taking some motors down to Goodwood tomorrow for the weekend .
But don,t know if the loonies from Extinction Rebellion will have managed to close down the M25 again .
What the heck is wrong with the police allowing blatant law breaking to go ahead without doing anything about it for several hours each time .

So , worth checking if the roads will actually be open , which might be stopping people from getting there .
Old 16 Sep 2021, 08:03 (Ref:4074175)   #36
zefarelly
Veteran

European Union
Well I made it 25 miles to Chi on a 60 year old Shopping scooter this morning, aside a few dithering old farts, the roads were clear.

A guy in the office here was moaning about ER protests. Although he's not complaining about having to have a new roof on his house because recent biblical rain has gone straight through it.
Old 16 Sep 2021, 15:57 (Ref:4074234)   #37
delta
Subscriber
Veteran

United Kingdom
Reading UK
delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!
Just unloaded and now set up in camp site . Very busy but no probs and lots of help from Marshall’s .?
Old 16 Sep 2021, 16:39 (Ref:4074240)   #38
Tel 911S
Veteran

Tel 911S should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridTel 911S should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Got there with our cars without may problems . Traffic just a bit heavier than normal .
That doesn,t mean that it will be OK for every day .They might be out again stopping traffic anytime .
As someone said , an ER loonie wants no sport or leisure travel , and they claim a huge reduction in traffic would soon see a large drop in CO2 emissions .
A sensible person would then say , " But they tried that 18 months ago with the Lockdown , and it made no difference to the atmosphere levels because the total amount of CO2 from all forms of transport is so small as to be insignificant" .https://gml.noaa.gov/ccgg/trends/

So the loonies will say , " That makes no difference as we just want to stop everybody driving anyway "
Old 16 Sep 2021, 22:24 (Ref:4074274)   #39
E.B
Veteran

United Kingdom
E.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
*Throws more coals on the B-B-Q*
Old 17 Sep 2021, 06:53 (Ref:4074310)   #40
delta
Subscriber
Veteran

United Kingdom
Reading UK
delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!
Good morning . Nice sunny day to wake up to .?
Old 17 Sep 2021, 07:54 (Ref:4074318)   #41
Tel 911S
Veteran

It seems the ER loonies were out again today . But this time the police are actually doing their job and arresting them straight away and clearing the roads .

So it might not be a problem to get down to Goodwood .
Old 17 Sep 2021, 08:04 (Ref:4074320)   #42
zefarelly
Veteran

European Union
Morning Iain, It is, lovely ride in this morning, sitting in the office just south of the circuit watching Spitfires out the window . . . will be there around noon. will come and say hello.
Old 17 Sep 2021, 08:13 (Ref:4074323)   #43
E.B
Veteran

United Kingdom
Goodwood live feed running now: https://youtu.be/kqIOU65IL_k
Old 17 Sep 2021, 08:18 (Ref:4074324)   #44
E.B
Veteran

United Kingdom
Stirling Moss Trophy practice on atm.
Old 17 Sep 2021, 08:29 (Ref:4074326)   #45
zefarelly
Veteran

European Union
Red flag already
Old 17 Sep 2021, 08:39 (Ref:4074328)   #46
356sc
Veteran

United Kingdom
Camberley
356sc should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Red flag already
Professional drivers?!
60s endurance 1965 356sc #49
Mag 7's #60
Old 17 Sep 2021, 09:05 (Ref:4074329)   #47
zefarelly
Veteran

European Union
Quote:
Originally Posted by 356sc View Post
Professional drivers?!
Super hero's only. No idea TBH but clearly trying hard
Old 17 Sep 2021, 13:05 (Ref:4074349)   #48
midgetman
Veteran

midgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
A friend's put some photos on FB. Looks like a crash fest and it's only Friday.

Why? Just why?

Sent from my AC2003 using Tapatalk
Old 17 Sep 2021, 13:42 (Ref:4074353)   #49
grantp
Subscriber
Veteran

grantp should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridgrantp should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridgrantp should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by midgetman View Post
A friend's put some photos on FB. Looks like a crash fest and it's only Friday.

Why? Just why?

I was catching up on a little of the live feed and spotted a Sam Hancock interview shot in the collection area shortly before they went out of qualifying.

If one was superstitious one might wish to avoid doing interviews in future.

A rather odd incident leading to the red flag, not the least being the green flags waving past the pits.
Old 17 Sep 2021, 16:51 (Ref:4074363)   #50
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Just back from my first morning of stewarding. Really lucked in. I'm stewarding the GRRC members grandstand infield at the chicane. Virtually nothing to do other than watch beautiful cars (and some beautiful people too... )....