Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Racing Talk > Tributes Forum

Old 17 Mar 2021, 08:40 (Ref:4040950)   #1
AndrewCherry
Racer

European Union
Horsham
AndrewCherry should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridAndrewCherry should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Sabine Schmitz

https://twitter.com/nuerburgring/sta...95748515434503

Well, that sucks - a very fine driver and a very popular one. RIP.
Old 17 Mar 2021, 09:52 (Ref:4040958)   #2
Mike Harte
Veteran

United Kingdom
W. Yorkshire
Mike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
But she was just a baby. Life is a real bummer sometimes.

RIP, Sabine.
Old 17 Mar 2021, 11:18 (Ref:4040979)   #3
Sodemo
Veteran

United Kingdom
Solihull, West Mids, UK
Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!
Shocking, I never realised she was ill. Extremely saddening news. Thoughts go out to her friends and family. The motorsport family has lost a true hero and something of a trailblazer.
Old 17 Mar 2021, 11:48 (Ref:4040984)   #4
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
I too failed to realise she was ill. Was introduced to her by our friends and former hosts at Top Gear a few years back. What a phenomenal driver but seemingly a better person.

Hail to the Queen.
Old 17 Mar 2021, 13:02 (Ref:4041000)   #5
FIRE
Race Official
Veteran

Netherlands
FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!
RIP
Old 17 Mar 2021, 13:03 (Ref:4041001)   #6
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Sad news
Old 17 Mar 2021, 13:45 (Ref:4041016)   #7
Lancsbreaker
Veteran

England
Padiham, Lancashire
Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!
Just heard this very sad news myself - and I'm another who hadn't heard that she was ill - apparently diagnosed in 2017, according to one report. A great character and of course an extremely talented driver.

I'm sure many of us will remember her upbraiding of Clarkson, after he'd just managed to beat his target time for lapping the Ring in a Jaguar, with the line "I could beat that in a van!" - and of course subsequently very nearly doing so in a Transit. All the time with a big smile!

RIP Sabine.
Old 17 Mar 2021, 13:59 (Ref:4041020)   #8
billy bleach
Veteran

Ireland
Cork
billy bleach should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridbilly bleach should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Anyone who can prove Clarkson cannot drive gets my vote So sad so young
Old 17 Mar 2021, 14:44 (Ref:4041037)   #9
E.B
Veteran

United Kingdom
About 7kms East of Albert Park Melbourne
E.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lancsbreaker View Post

I'm sure many of us will remember her upbraiding of Clarkson, after he'd just managed to beat his target time for lapping the Ring in a Jaguar, with the line "I could beat that in a van!" - and of course subsequently very nearly doing so in a Transit. All the time with a big smile!

RIP Sabine.
A diesel Transit IIRC.

Very sad news, and I join the list of those unaware of her illness.

Thoughts and condolences to family and friends.
Always had a smile and always up for a laugh.

RIP Sabine.
Old 17 Mar 2021, 17:13 (Ref:4041077)   #10
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!
Another sad loss for lose.
Old 17 Mar 2021, 19:18 (Ref:4041108)   #11
GORDON STREETER
Veteran

Spain
Kent+Mojacar Spain, but not always ?
GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!
A very good racing driver who laughed at Clarkson in the Jag, and her Ring Taxi drives that were legendary. I did happen to know that she was ill but there was always hope, however in this case it wasn't to be. RIP Sabine you will be sorely missed.
Balls of steel (knob of butter) They're Asking For Larkins. ( Proper beer) not you're Eurofizz crap. Hace más calor en España. Me han conocido a hablar un montón cojones! Send any cheques and cash to PO box 1 Lagos Nigeria Africa !
Old 26 Mar 2021, 11:22 (Ref:4043078)   #12
morninggents
Veteran

England
Up north, near York.
morninggents should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Wonderful in that Tranny. So young and so sad. RIP.