Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 20 Jun 2021, 15:49 (Ref:4057405)   #76
Adam43
14th
20KPINAL

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
12th in a race with no retirements. I can see why that impresses.
Old 20 Jun 2021, 16:22 (Ref:4057410)   #77
chillibowl
Veteran

Canada
winnipeg, canada
chillibowl will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famechillibowl will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famechillibowl will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famechillibowl will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famechillibowl will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famechillibowl will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famechillibowl will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famechillibowl will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famechillibowl will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famechillibowl will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famechillibowl will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greem View Post
I think the team screwed Bottas today. He was bang on with his radio call about "why didn't you listen?".
Sure but his job and his previous results this season should indicate he was going to have to accept some screwing somewhere.

Plus they already gave him Hamilton's car.
Old 20 Jun 2021, 16:36 (Ref:4057414)   #78
peebee2
Veteran

peebee2 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridpeebee2 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adam43 View Post
12th in a race with no retirements. I can see why that impresses.
Good or decent maybe but surely not outstanding.

Had the usual awful early laps too.
Old 20 Jun 2021, 18:35 (Ref:4057453)   #79
Adam43
14th
20KPINAL

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greem View Post
I think the team screwed Bottas today. He was bang on with his radio call about "why didn't you listen?".
Got the favorable pit stop call in the first round of pit stops. Couldn’t use the undercut to get past Verstappen as he was too far behind. And his in and out wasn’t as impressive as Max’s (I haven’t compared sectors of those laps).

And as Hamilton said the only way to beat Red Bull today was to try and make a one stop work. A two stop would have probably put Bottas 4th.

I was surprised they didn’t bring him in at the end for the shot at the FL.
Old 20 Jun 2021, 18:38 (Ref:4057454)   #80
Adam43
14th
20KPINAL

European Union
New Orleans
Quote:
Originally Posted by peebee2 View Post
Good or decent maybe but surely not outstanding.

Had the usual awful early laps too.
I thought it very good. My point was more that I can see how it can be viewed as impressive and that didn’t deserve to be dismissed.

Back to the thread topic. Will Russell be in a Merc next year? I don’t know, but at least he’s avoiding bad pit stops at the moment.
Old 20 Jun 2021, 18:46 (Ref:4057459)   #81
chillibowl
Veteran

Canada
winnipeg, canada
chillibowl will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famechillibowl will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famechillibowl will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famechillibowl will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famechillibowl will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famechillibowl will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famechillibowl will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famechillibowl will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famechillibowl will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famechillibowl will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famechillibowl will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adam43 View Post
I was surprised they didn’t bring him in at the end for the shot at the FL.
Big gap to Norris so there was a window.

Might not have had a fresh set of tires? Attention on the lead battle? Were more then a little mad Bottas yelled at them over the radio?

I do find that last one hard to believe, but im thinking the relationship is done.
Old 20 Jun 2021, 19:56 (Ref:4057485)   #82
E.B
Veteran

United Kingdom
About 7kms East of Albert Park Melbourne
E.B is going for a new world record!E.B is going for a new world record!E.B is going for a new world record!E.B is going for a new world record!E.B is going for a new world record!E.B is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by chillibowl View Post
Big gap to Norris so there was a window.
Toto said the reason they did not go for that was they believed that Sergio was going to get a penalty for track limits in the pass of Bottas, in which case they would have potentially lost 3rd place points by stopping. As Toto said, they gambled and lost.
(Just like to point out that even if Sergio had been pinged for track limits with a 5 second penalty, in the end Sergio finished over 5 seconds ahead of Bottas so it would not have worked anyway. ie they should have gone for the F/L)
Old 20 Jun 2021, 19:58 (Ref:4057487)   #83
Adam43
14th
20KPINAL

European Union
New Orleans
Quote:
Originally Posted by E.B View Post
Toto said the reason they did not go for that was they believed that Sergio was going to get a penalty for track limits in the pass of Bottas, in which case they would have lost 3rd place points. As he said they gambled and lost.
Ah, makes sense. Thanks.
Quote:
Just like to point out that even if Sergio had been pinged for track limits with a 5 second penalty, in the end Sergio finished over 5 seconds ahead so it would not have worked anyway. ie they should have gone for the F/L
There is only one thing to say to that. Bottas.
Old Yesterday, 20:54 (Ref:4057685)   #84
chillibowl
Veteran

Canada
winnipeg, canada
indeed. thanks for clearing that up for me E.B.