Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Indycar Series

Old 18 Apr 2021, 21:37 (Ref:4046613)   #26
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Congrats to Alex Palou.
Old 18 Apr 2021, 21:39 (Ref:4046614)   #27
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by bjohnsonsmith View Post
Congrats to Alex Palou.
He did great today, and it is always fantastic to see young drivers get their first wins!
Old 18 Apr 2021, 21:39 (Ref:4046615)   #28
BudLightJaguar
Veteran

Finland
BudLightJaguar should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridBudLightJaguar should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Wow, that was sensational
Old 18 Apr 2021, 21:48 (Ref:4046618)   #29
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!
One of the many reasons that I love IndyCar is that you can actually be competitive on different strategies, unlike other forms of racing. It makes it really exciting when teams take a chance to do something different from the field, sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't, but it makes it exciting every single race.
Old 18 Apr 2021, 21:51 (Ref:4046619)   #30
gert
Veteran

Belgium
Antwerp
gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!
So, Jimmie Johnson won that race and some other unknown drivers also participated ?
Old 18 Apr 2021, 21:53 (Ref:4046621)   #31
skycafe
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Water on three sides
skycafe is going for a new lap record!skycafe is going for a new lap record!skycafe is going for a new lap record!skycafe is going for a new lap record!skycafe is going for a new lap record!skycafe is going for a new lap record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by BudLightJaguar View Post
Wow, that was sensational
Agree! He certainly is very poised.
Old 19 Apr 2021, 01:08 (Ref:4046637)   #32
tux
Veteran

United Kingdom
United Kingdom
tux should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridtux should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridtux should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
I was so impressed with Palou this weekend, consistently fast and his race performance especially in the first stint of the race was exceptional. I have to admit before today i saw him as a pretty average driver, didn't expect him to do what he did tonight. Really impressed.

I just love the various strategies, the refueling gives us great races. I enjoy to follow the live timings and following all the lap times and strategy moves.
Old 19 Apr 2021, 01:19 (Ref:4046640)   #33
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
Quote:
Originally Posted by tux View Post
I was so impressed with Palou this weekend, consistently fast and his race performance especially in the first stint of the race was exceptional. I have to admit before today i saw him as a pretty average driver, didn't expect him to do what he did tonight. Really impressed.

I just love the various strategies, the refueling gives us great races. I enjoy to follow the live timings and following all the lap times and strategy moves.
Exactly! I think I enjoy watching IndyCar more than anything else these days. You can decide your strategy on fuel and tires, and everyone doesn't chose the same way. A yellow at any given moment will throw a wrench in things and one week strategy A might be best, but at a different track strategy B works best. There are just so many talented drivers that any given week 10+ people have a chance, which makes it very exciting for me.
Old 19 Apr 2021, 01:51 (Ref:4046644)   #34
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
Here is the espn headline on the race today. To their credit they do mention the race winner, on the other hand, they co-opt the headline with a JJ reference and the article starts with Alonso. As a fan I thought the story was a young first time winner putting in a great performance, but I guess the real story is the 19th place finisher laps down, and somebody else not even in the race...
Old 19 Apr 2021, 15:46 (Ref:4046732)   #35
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Race result:

Apart from Newgarden's crash on the first lap, I thought overall that was a good race and a good start to the season.

Pato O'Ward set the fastest race lap of 66.8182 sec, 123.918 mph ( 199.426 km/h), that's well up on Will Power's fastest lap of the 2019 race, which was 1:10.4818 sec, 117.477 mph (189.060 km/h). It's also the fastest race lap, since Barber Motorsports Park held the first race back in 2010.
Attached Thumbnails
indycar-boxscore.jpg  
Old 19 Apr 2021, 16:05 (Ref:4046737)   #36
NaBUru38
Veteran

Uruguay
Las Canteras, Uruguay
NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!
Congrats to Alex Palou, now he is a championship contender.
Old 19 Apr 2021, 17:57 (Ref:4046766)   #37
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
It looks like the Aeroscreen did its job.

https://racer.com/2021/04/19/aeroscr...e-hunter-reay/
Old 20 Apr 2021, 18:56 (Ref:4046936)   #38
NaBUru38
Veteran

Uruguay
Las Canteras, Uruguay
NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!
Certainly...!
Old 22 Apr 2021, 01:26 (Ref:4047201)   #39
Axeman444
Veteran

Australia
Calling a spade a spade...
Axeman444 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridAxeman444 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
As an Antipodean, I'm after an unbiased review of Scott McLaughlin's efforts, something unavailable over here, but hopefully someone on this thread saw the footage intermingled between segments of JJ Love that could comment?
Old 22 Apr 2021, 19:55 (Ref:4047387)   #40
NaBUru38
Veteran

Uruguay
Las Canteras, Uruguay
McLaughlin finished on the lead lap, unlike James Hinchcliffe and Jimmie Johnson. So that's nice for a first race.