Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 9 Mar 2006, 22:06 (Ref:1541998)   #1
Menelaos
Veteran

Greece
Athens, Greece
Menelaos should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Battle of Teammates - the other way

So, which couple do you think will be the most interesting to watch?

My bet, a rather safe choice: Raikkonen vs JPM. Close fight!
Old 9 Mar 2006, 23:08 (Ref:1542022)   #2
Inigo Montoya
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

Canada
Toronto, Canada
Inigo Montoya has a real shot at the championship!Inigo Montoya has a real shot at the championship!Inigo Montoya has a real shot at the championship!Inigo Montoya has a real shot at the championship!Inigo Montoya has a real shot at the championship!Inigo Montoya has a real shot at the championship!
I don't believe Kimi versus Juan will be very close. What will be interesting is the Button Barrichello duel - two strong drivers with what looks to be a very strong car. It will also be interesting to see if Fisichella can get anywhere against the WDC, now that he claims that that car is "more suited" to his driving style.
Old 9 Mar 2006, 23:26 (Ref:1542034)   #3
Kirk
Veteran

Kirk has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Excellent question, and no simple answer .... but most intriquing for me is without a doubt MS vs Massa. That may change if Massa disappoints, as many predict, but I don't think so.
Old 10 Mar 2006, 00:48 (Ref:1542055)   #4
VilleneuveTracy
Veteran

United States
New Jersey
VilleneuveTracy should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridVilleneuveTracy should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
The McLaren duel with an honorable mention going to the battle between JV and Heidfeld.
Old 10 Mar 2006, 08:32 (Ref:1542113)   #5
climb
Veteran

St Pierre and Miquelon
closer than you thought!
climb should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridclimb should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Button vs Barrichello seems to be the most intriguing duo.
Personally I hope that, given the well-knlwn circumstances, Fisi-Alonso will be more interesting than last year.
Old 10 Mar 2006, 08:43 (Ref:1542121)   #6
ECW Dan Selby
Veteran

England
Essex, England
ECW Dan Selby has a real shot at the podium!ECW Dan Selby has a real shot at the podium!ECW Dan Selby has a real shot at the podium!ECW Dan Selby has a real shot at the podium!ECW Dan Selby has a real shot at the podium!
Fisi/Fernando, Button/Barri, JV/Heidy I think will be a little closer than people believe.. Although I do expect Heidy to start opening even more eyes this season (With some extremely solid performances in a new car).

Selby
Old 10 Mar 2006, 18:03 (Ref:1543063)   #7
maltafan
Veteran

Malta
obviously, Malta
maltafan has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
I also think that the Honda pair might have the biggest team mate duel. They both want to prove themselves, so let them battle it till the end.
Old 10 Mar 2006, 18:07 (Ref:1543065)   #8
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Left Field. What about Rosberg/Webber? He's unlikely to get close but its going to be interesting to see how Rosberg handles this.
Old 10 Mar 2006, 19:11 (Ref:1543123)   #9
Menelaos
Veteran

Greece
Athens, Greece
Menelaos should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by ECW Dan Selby
Fisi/Fernando, Button/Barri, JV/Heidy I think will be a little closer than people believe..
+1. JV/NH will be close, but NH will win it, cause he's so much better than JV2005. Fisi/'nando: no way, Fernando will crush him - sorry. (this is where you point at in 3 months when Fisico is leading the championship, while calling me an idiot ). Button/RB.... Hmmm, I never thought of RB as a top driver. He's good, but not even as good as Coulthard. Which means, there's no way I could imagine him as the champion EVER. I don't think he's as good as Button anyway
Old 10 Mar 2006, 19:31 (Ref:1543135)   #10
speedbump
Racer

Canada
Toronto
speedbump should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
1- The Mclaren boys, I feel a lot of tension for them to be first.
2- BAR, Barrichello want's to be #1 after being with Ferrari.
3- BMW, It'll be close, I think JV will push hard, maybe a little 96 or 97, we'll see, this will be a nice battle as well.
Old 10 Mar 2006, 19:55 (Ref:1543148)   #11
Suze
Veteran

England
Suze should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSuze should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSuze should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Button / Barrichello - be interesting to see who comes out on top. Again, JV / Heidfeld could be another interesting one.

Kimi / JPM won't be as exciting...Kimi will get it.
Old 10 Mar 2006, 22:01 (Ref:1543221)   #12
Silk Cut Jaguar
Veteran

United Kingdom
Bath, UK
Silk Cut Jaguar should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridSilk Cut Jaguar should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Barrichello - Button is the duel that has me the most excited. JV - Heidfeld might be the sleeper hit of the year when it comes to on track rivalary.

Just like last year, I think the Montoya - Kimi duel will disappoint due to events conspiring against them. The best Kimi/Montoya fight we've seen is when Juan was still in the Williams at Brazil...