Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > 24 Heures du Mans

Old 18 Jun 2006, 18:25 (Ref:1636743)   #126
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

Knowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Well that was top class. Sat through all 24 hours, great work from Motors TV!

Thank you so much!
Old 18 Jun 2006, 19:22 (Ref:1636776)   #127
FIRE
Race Official
Veteran

Netherlands
FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by knowlesy
Well that was top class. Sat through all 24 hours, great work from Motors TV!

Thank you so much!
I agree.

Also RLM was great.
Old 18 Jun 2006, 20:01 (Ref:1636804)   #128
Rockmunky
Veteran

England
'artfordshire
Rockmunky should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridRockmunky should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Yeah, excellent covereage of le mans this year. Radio le mans was excellent, as i coudlnt see the tv and be on pc at the same time, so it really filled in alot of blanks
Old 18 Jun 2006, 20:41 (Ref:1636825)   #129
Erki
Racer

Estonia
Tartu, Estonia
Erki has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
I was also there. I miss Diana & Justine... :P
Old 18 Jun 2006, 23:33 (Ref:1636910)   #130
Alistair_Ryder
Rookie

Alistair_Ryder should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Motors TV and Radio Le Mans certainly get gold stars from me for their fantastic coverage :-)
Old 18 Jun 2006, 23:46 (Ref:1636916)   #131
broadrun96
Veteran

United States
broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Having watched the last 4 years on speed, i have to say this was the best year so far, except that stupid 5 hour gap(but the only break and alot less then last year, about 10 hours) and then about 90 min of tech problems. But it is always depressing as hell to hear about the coverage from Europe, just wishin i could find a way to steal some Sky signal to the US. But speed at least didnt interupt scheduled race coverage to give us hourly updates on nascar and did give us RLM through the middle of the night. Would be GREAT to see HD coverage but its taken so long to even add hd service to the broadcast channels here so I'm sure I'll never see it
Old 19 Jun 2006, 01:50 (Ref:1636934)   #132
Robin_D
Veteran

British Antarctic Territory
Warwickshire, UK
Robin_D should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridRobin_D should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridRobin_D should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
It was great!

I was on the Motors TV forum during the wee hours and am a member of the Up All Night Club!! We even got a mention for it
Old 19 Jun 2006, 06:23 (Ref:1636975)   #133
Nick49
Racer

England
Hampshire, UK
Nick49 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Hello

MOTORS TV coverage was FANTASTIC . It really was good to be able to turn the tv on at any time and know that you could be watching the race live. Well done to all the commentators although Martin Haven sounded a bit crokey towards the end. Had to work this weekend but did manage to listern to bits of RLM as well so well done to them as well. Same again next year?

Nick
Old 19 Jun 2006, 08:44 (Ref:1637025)   #134
isynge
Veteran

United Kingdom
London, UK
isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!
Worth echoing other's sentiments about quality of the Motors coverage. The cameras caught most of the major bits, the commentators were reasonably solid - of course there's the occasional lapse (missing the onset of problems for the 7 Audi for example) but that's entirely forgivable - especially when I think back to the days when coverage amounted to half an hour on Grandstand on Saturday afternoon (which may or may not have coincided with the start) and and perhaps the finish if we were lucky.

That said Tony Delahunty's persistent references to "Pescaleros" did start to grate after a while.
Old 19 Jun 2006, 09:29 (Ref:1637058)   #135
hooked
Rookie

England
Sussex, UK
hooked should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid

Wonderful Motors tv and RLM.
Sitting in my back garden at 2 a.m. with headphones and a 42" screen, nearly as good as being there????? It must have been good as I am still coming down. I would be about Rouen now I suppose, instead I am watcing some hung over idiots cleaning up my garden and packing their tents. We have been allowed into the house this morning for breakfast rather than go to buy more charcoal, and to reduce neighbours complaints.
I hope I wont need TV coverage next year but long may it continue.
Not sure if it is good or bad, after watching some of the coverage my wife is interested in going next year.
Old 19 Jun 2006, 12:47 (Ref:1637180)   #136
SALEEN S7R
Veteran

England
Poole, England
SALEEN S7R should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridSALEEN S7R should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridSALEEN S7R should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by hooked
Not sure if it is good or bad, after watching some of the coverage my wife is interested in going next year.
Count yourself lucky, 95% of the girlfriends I have been with have had little or no interest in motorsport, and to make it worse those that were only really bothered about F1.
Old 19 Jun 2006, 20:31 (Ref:1637475)   #137
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

Knowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nick49
Martin Haven sounded a bit crokey towards the end.
He was crokey pre-race, I had serious doubts he'd make it past the first hour!

He got through though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by isynge
That said Tony Delahunty's persistent references to "Pescaleros" did start to grate after a while.
Old 21 Jun 2006, 16:03 (Ref:1638492)   #138
Martin Haven
Veteran

England
Royal Leamington Spa
Martin Haven should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMartin Haven should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMartin Haven should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by JAG
I wonder if Le Mans 2007 will be in High definition.
It'll have to be Wide-screen as well, to get my growing ego in shot - not to mention my vast waistline, after 9 days of French eating...
Old 21 Jun 2006, 17:27 (Ref:1638531)   #139
John Turner
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Pontesbury, Shropshire
John Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Martin, a great job by the whole team; even Mr Kirby seemed under control! Agree with Knowlesy about Tony De la Hunty and the 'Pescalairos' though; that really grated and he continued to say it after being corrected, too. More forgiveable, I suppose that he managed to call the Spykers, 'Strykers' (strikers?) on a couple of occasions. Minor complaints in a superb presentation, though. Now can you extend this to other events, Sebring, Daytona; even the Nurburgring 24 hours (when it doesn't clash with Le Mans; the organisers really ought to be talking to each other); I know, I know, never satisfied!
Old 27 Jun 2006, 03:31 (Ref:1642230)   #140
RotorFan
Veteran

Australia
Sydney
RotorFan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Instead I am forced to watch the 24H Rennen in German!

At least it doesnt matter how bad the commentary is since I can't understand it

I thoroughly, thoroughly enjoyed Martin and his colleagues commentary (Tony was a bit annoying though...).

Too bad about the vision, which was poor in the extreme - did they realise a race was being held? You'd think you were watching a Sunday afternoon arts programme.

What a trooper Martin was, he surely must have come close to a record number of hours commentating in a 24 hour period!

I can say I watched every single hour of coverage from scrutineering through to the chequered flag - it took me two weeks to finish watching it: "work. get home. watch le mans. fall asleep. repeat."

Avoiding spoilers was tough!

Last edited by RotorFan; 27 Jun 2006 at 03:37.