Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > North American Racing

Old 9 Jul 2012, 05:42 (Ref:3104015)   #1
FstrthnU
Veteran

United States
FstrthnU should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridFstrthnU should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridFstrthnU should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
The Grand Prix of Mosport

Since the races will be every 2 weeks from here on out, I figured we might as well have the Mosport thread ready now.

Schedule: http://www.alms.com/sites/default/files/schedules/Mosport%20Event%20Schedule.pdf

Timing and Scoring: http://scoring.alms.com/

ESPN3 Video: http://espn.go.com/watchespn/index/_...auto%20racing/

ALMS International Video: http://www.alms.com/alms-tv

Weather: http://www.weather.com/weather/right-now/CAXX0041:1

World Times: http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/

No track map or entry list available quite yet.

In terms of entries, we will probably see the Libra Racing Radical-Ford return to P2 and could see a few more entries in PC and GTC. The #95 Level 5 might be sidelined again due to the driver time requirements. There is of course the rumor of the SRT Viper GTE debuting for this race.
Old 9 Jul 2012, 07:22 (Ref:3104040)   #2
andy_b
Veteran

Canada
Vancouver (I escaped from UK)
andy_b is going for a new world record!andy_b is going for a new world record!andy_b is going for a new world record!andy_b is going for a new world record!andy_b is going for a new world record!andy_b is going for a new world record!andy_b is going for a new world record!
Dont forget the Ten-Tenths supped ALMS Spotter Guide www.spotterguides.com
Old 10 Jul 2012, 09:23 (Ref:3104511)   #3
Zurbert82
Veteran

United States
Pittsburgh
Zurbert82 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Libra and the Dempsey P2 won't be there.
Old 10 Jul 2012, 13:27 (Ref:3104640)   #4
broadrun96
Veteran

United States
broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Didn't Level 5 skip Mosport last season due to Tucker's legal problems? Doesn't seem like a guy that would send Diaz and Bouchout with his toys, although they are his toys.
Old 10 Jul 2012, 18:47 (Ref:3104751)   #5
Jonerz
Veteran

United States
Youston
Jonerz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridJonerz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by broadrun96 View Post
Didn't Level 5 skip Mosport last season due to Tucker's legal problems? Doesn't seem like a guy that would send Diaz and Bouchout with his toys, although they are his toys.
Skipped because of a lack of competitors, like they did at many rounds.

Chris
Old 10 Jul 2012, 19:06 (Ref:3104766)   #6
FordCosworthPanoz
Veteran

Bermuda
Flatts Village
FordCosworthPanoz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridFordCosworthPanoz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridFordCosworthPanoz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Mosport Entry List: http://www.alms.com/sites/default/fi...try%20List.pdf

29 Cars, could be 27 if Level 5 does what they did at Lime Rock and if the 7 which currently has no drivers listed doesn't show up. No Dempsey or Libra (shock horror) in LMP2, SRT Viper in GT, and GMG or the second Green Hornet in GTC.

Also back in LMPC is the 18 Race Performance, and Michael Marshal has been replaced by Canadian veteran Tony Burgess in the 20 Dyson.
Old 11 Jul 2012, 03:11 (Ref:3104926)   #7
Salamus
Veteran

Canada
Ontario
Salamus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSalamus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSalamus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSalamus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
I tried to support Libra as much as possible and I hoped things would be different this time but I guess you can't teach an old dog new tricks.

I don't think the Viper will be ready in time for Mosport (or Canadian Tire Motorsport Park as it's known as now) but why can't GMG make it?
Old 11 Jul 2012, 11:22 (Ref:3105041)   #8
Speed-King
Veteran

Speed-King has a real shot at the podium!Speed-King has a real shot at the podium!Speed-King has a real shot at the podium!Speed-King has a real shot at the podium!
EI says that one of the ESM Ferraris might not be repaired in time for the race...
Old 11 Jul 2012, 19:19 (Ref:3105286)   #9
FstrthnU
Veteran

United States
FstrthnU should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridFstrthnU should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridFstrthnU should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Who knows, maybe this will finally convince them to play around with the driver lineups. I hope both of them will be there, it's just I want to see ESM take their first win soon.
Old 11 Jul 2012, 19:23 (Ref:3105288)   #10
Nologo
Rookie

France
Nologo should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
ESM could give a call to Guiseppe Risi to lease their F458...
Old 11 Jul 2012, 22:13 (Ref:3105376)   #11
Beetle
Veteran

United States
Texas
Beetle is going for a new lap record!Beetle is going for a new lap record!Beetle is going for a new lap record!Beetle is going for a new lap record!Beetle is going for a new lap record!Beetle is going for a new lap record!
Please don't take this as spamming, but I'm setting up Google + Events for this race and many others, so if you are interested, contact me.

It's a shame ESM may not be participating fully at Mosport. Plus, I don't see the spotter guide?

EDIT: A question... is there a live feed anywhere that doesn't have any announcing, just the race sounds? Thank you.
Old 11 Jul 2012, 22:23 (Ref:3105379)   #12
FstrthnU
Veteran

United States
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beetle View Post
Please don't take this as spamming, but I'm setting up Google + Events for this race and many others, so if you are interested, contact me.

It's a shame ESM may not be participating fully at Mosport. Plus, I don't see the spotter guide?

EDIT: A question... is there a live feed anywhere that doesn't have any announcing, just the race sounds? Thank you.
Andy generally doesn't post the spotter guide till the monday or tuesday of the race week. Since he has to wait for livery updates or late entry announcements and such.
Old 12 Jul 2012, 00:28 (Ref:3105390)   #13
Beetle
Veteran

United States
Texas
Beetle is going for a new lap record!Beetle is going for a new lap record!Beetle is going for a new lap record!Beetle is going for a new lap record!Beetle is going for a new lap record!Beetle is going for a new lap record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by FstrthnU View Post
Andy generally doesn't post the spotter guide till the monday or tuesday of the race week. Since he has to wait for livery updates or late entry announcements and such.
He did for Le Mans, though!

OK, I'll stop!
Old 12 Jul 2012, 19:18 (Ref:3105718)   #14
Articus
Veteran

Articus should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridArticus should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridArticus should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Sorry to hear the news about ESM. I hope they can get the car back out in time. Otherwise there will be all but one Ferrari in the ALMS. But still too many of the LMPClown cars.

What happened to Jim Tafel?(Bankruptcy). Greg Loles ?(Fraud). Risi(MIA)? Alex Job(with real GT2 cars). I miss some of these older teams. Thats 8 extra entries. One in GT-Pro and the other in GT-AM.

The GT-Am scheme for ALMS is very cost effective. Instead of teams selling there year old equipment or locking it away and throwing away the key they can find some decently talented drivers to put in the GT-Am class the next year.
Old 12 Jul 2012, 21:57 (Ref:3105795)   #15
pach233
Veteran

United States
Greenville, SC
pach233 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridpach233 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
It seems pretty obvious to everyone so I must have missed an announcement but what's the reason for Dempsey Racing P2 being absent for Mosport?
Old 12 Jul 2012, 22:13 (Ref:3105806)   #16
Speed-King
Veteran

Speed-King has a real shot at the podium!Speed-King has a real shot at the podium!Speed-King has a real shot at the podium!Speed-King has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by pach233 View Post
It seems pretty obvious to everyone so I must have missed an announcement but what's the reason for Dempsey Racing P2 being absent for Mosport?
Doing selected races only. Still working on sponsorship.

And I guess the combination of being low on spares and crashes at Mosport tending to be devastating might have something to do with it as well.
Old 12 Jul 2012, 22:14 (Ref:3105807)   #17
Beetle
Veteran

United States
Texas
Quote:
Originally Posted by pach233 View Post
Good question. You haven't missed an announcement. Or maybe we both have.
Old 12 Jul 2012, 22:14 (Ref:3105808)   #18
Beetle
Veteran

United States
Texas
Oops couldn't post fast enough for Speed-King, lol!
Old 13 Jul 2012, 17:58 (Ref:3106094)   #19
Zurbert82
Veteran

United States
Pittsburgh
Zurbert82 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Do you think we'll see qualifying times down in the 1:05's or 1:06's? Last years pole was a 1:08.679 for MM. At Lime Rock the P1 cars were 1.7 to 2 seconds faster than their 2011 pole most likely due in part to the recent restrictor and weight breaks...
Old 13 Jul 2012, 19:04 (Ref:3106121)   #20
JHamilton
Veteran

United States
Atlanta, GA
JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zurbert82 View Post
Do you think we'll see qualifying times down in the 1:05's or 1:06's? Last years pole was a 1:08.679 for MM. At Lime Rock the P1 cars were 1.7 to 2 seconds faster than their 2011 pole most likely due in part to the recent restrictor and weight breaks...
The HPD is a much, much better car than the Aston/Lola, so I would think so. Looking forward to this one, Mosport is a great track.
Old 13 Jul 2012, 20:55 (Ref:3106155)   #21
Purist
Veteran

United States
Wichita, Kansas, USA
Purist is going for a new world record!Purist is going for a new world record!Purist is going for a new world record!Purist is going for a new world record!Purist is going for a new world record!Purist is going for a new world record!
I think a 1:05 would be pushing it, but then again, that near 44 flat at Lime Rock is easily the fastest lap seen there since P.J. Jones set the outright lap record in his Eagle Toyota GTP in 1993. (If they hadn't changed the track for 2008, I wonder if the Eagle GTP Mk.III wouldn't have lost that mark to one of the Porsches or Acuras.)

I hope Dyson can keep the boost turned up without too much trouble at Mosport. This should be fun. Also, though I don't like having fewer entries in general, we may be breathing just a bit easier not having Mosport quite so crowded given how fast that place is.
Old 14 Jul 2012, 05:25 (Ref:3106236)   #22
Beetle
Veteran

United States
Texas
The car is in fact ready to race. I just interviewed Guy Cosmo this evening via Facebook and he said it was almost ready and should be done in time for the race!
Old 14 Jul 2012, 16:11 (Ref:3106380)   #23
Deleted
Veteran

Deleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by JHamilton View Post
The HPD is a much, much better car than the Aston/Lola, so I would think so. Looking forward to this one, Mosport is a great track.
I'm not sure if it's that much of a better car, the Lola Aston might've been more fragile (on their hands) but it was running in granfathered form after all

Anyway, Mosport GP is my favourite of the summer ALMS weekends, looking forward to it Is ESPN2 showing this live on it's entirety or being lazy and starting the broadcast midway through again? It took ages for alms.com to archieve the LRP espn3 broadcast which I wasn't able to see live, and I didn't really wanna touch the ESPN2 show which missed the first hour
Old 14 Jul 2012, 16:21 (Ref:3106386)   #24
Deleted
Veteran

Deleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
I guess this answers my question:

Television Broadcast:
7/22/2012 at 1:00 pm EDT on ESPN2

Live Streaming:
7/22/2012 at 11:45 am EDT on ESPN3

Might as well have done the regular 90 min highlight show on delayed basis then, at least that would've been more balanced
Old 14 Jul 2012, 19:55 (Ref:3106436)   #25
tux
Veteran

United Kingdom
United Kingdom
tux should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridtux should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridtux should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Will be live on Motors TV.