Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > North American Racing

Old 25 Jan 2013, 18:52 (Ref:3194305)   #26
CTD
Veteran

Denmark
Aarhus, Jylland, Denmark
CTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Does someone have a schedule?, I haven't had the time to search and follow the race yet.
Also will we europeans get a free Internet stream?
Old 25 Jan 2013, 19:39 (Ref:3194316)   #27
rayburn
Racer

United Kingdom
rayburn should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by CTD View Post
Does someone have a schedule?, I haven't had the time to search and follow the race yet.
http://www.grand-am.com/Portals/0/gr...chedule_v1.pdf
Old 25 Jan 2013, 19:50 (Ref:3194320)   #28
CTD
Veteran

Denmark
Aarhus, Jylland, Denmark
CTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by rayburn View Post
Thank you
So start 21:30 CET saturday? (22:30 GMT)
Old 25 Jan 2013, 20:03 (Ref:3194323)   #29
rayburn
Racer

United Kingdom
rayburn should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Thank you
So start 21:30 CET saturday? (22:30 GMT)
Yes, that's what I worked out anyway.

http://www.ustream.tv/channel/turner-motorsport-live

And hopefully that link will show a stream too.
Old 25 Jan 2013, 20:55 (Ref:3194337)   #30
justracing
Veteran

United Kingdom
West Sussex
justracing should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridjustracing should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by rayburn View Post
Yes, that's what I worked out anyway.

http://www.ustream.tv/channel/turner-motorsport-live

And hopefully that link will show a stream too.
Many thanks for that link, been trawling around for half an hour trying to find a stream for the race tomorrow as I don't have Motors TV. I'm surprise that there isn't live stream on ALMS.com somewhere? as they are now one.
Old 25 Jan 2013, 20:58 (Ref:3194339)   #31
justracing
Veteran

United Kingdom
West Sussex
justracing should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridjustracing should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Anyone have a quick link to teams/drivers?
Old 25 Jan 2013, 21:07 (Ref:3194341)   #32
TheMightyM
Veteran

TheMightyM has a real shot at the podium!TheMightyM has a real shot at the podium!TheMightyM has a real shot at the podium!TheMightyM has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by justracing View Post
Official list is here but it does not include all drivers for all cars.
Old 25 Jan 2013, 21:10 (Ref:3194344)   #33
justracing
Veteran

United Kingdom
West Sussex
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMightyM View Post
Official list is here but it does not include all drivers for all cars.
Thanks, wading through all this advertising twaddle is a nightmare
Old 25 Jan 2013, 21:37 (Ref:3194349)   #34
thebear
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

United States
85mi S. of Daytona, 125mi NE of Sebring
thebear should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridthebear should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
A reply

Quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------
Quote:
Originally Posted by thebear View Post
In the US, "Speed TV" will carry the race starting this SAT at 15h00 (Eastern, GMT - 5) until 21h00. At that point the race will allegedly be carried on the SPEED website [ http://auto-racing.speedtv.com/grand-am/] until the TV picks up again at 09h00 SUN.

Details HERE (a "strange" website).
Old 25 Jan 2013, 21:49 (Ref:3194352)   #35
CTD
Veteran

Denmark
Aarhus, Jylland, Denmark
Quote:
Originally Posted by thebear View Post
--------------------------------------------------------------------------
I'm sorry, the quoted post didn't help me much. Neither of the links gives me an answer towards the needed stream. Or an Schedule like the one Rayburn gave.
Old 25 Jan 2013, 21:50 (Ref:3194353)   #36
TheMightyM
Veteran

TheMightyM has a real shot at the podium!TheMightyM has a real shot at the podium!TheMightyM has a real shot at the podium!TheMightyM has a real shot at the podium!
Regarding the car count, we seem to be looking at 57 as of now: 17 DP, 34 GT, 6 GX. The entry list includes two cars that don't actually seem to be taking part -- they didn't qualify or run in any of the practices. These are:

#55 AF - Waltrip -- but they are running the #56 car, which has the exact same driver line up
#74 Audi Sport Customer Racing

These cars weren't at the Roar either.
Old 25 Jan 2013, 21:59 (Ref:3194357)   #37
John Edwards
Rookie

John Edwards should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
...moved comment to the Grand Am 2013 thread (more relevant)
Old 25 Jan 2013, 22:08 (Ref:3194362)   #38
justracing
Veteran

United Kingdom
West Sussex
http://www.grand-am.com/
Pretty sure thay have a live stream
Old 25 Jan 2013, 22:24 (Ref:3194370)   #39
J.C.
Racer

United States
Sleepy Hollow, New York
J.C. should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Should be a good race. I believe it's going to be a close one in DP at the end. But I have to go with both Ganassi cars.

In GT, I expect a Porsche team to win that class. Would love to see the Turner BMW's get a win at the Rolex24, but those cars ALWAYS have reliability problems.

With this merge coming in the next year, there will be two different BMW's racing in GT. Or maybe Turner will switch to the Z4's...
Old 26 Jan 2013, 00:53 (Ref:3194395)   #40
HORNDAWG
Veteran

United States
Oregon
HORNDAWG should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHORNDAWG should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHORNDAWG should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
The GA site is very fan/user unfriendly (POS).

most stuff.. http://www.grand-am.com/events.aspx?eid=3463&sid=1

L.P.
Old 26 Jan 2013, 00:56 (Ref:3194396)   #41
skycafe
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Water on three sides
skycafe is going for a new lap record!skycafe is going for a new lap record!skycafe is going for a new lap record!skycafe is going for a new lap record!skycafe is going for a new lap record!skycafe is going for a new lap record!
Quote:
Daily Sportscar coverage (so far) is free, and they have a spotter's guide they created (not Andy B).
Old 26 Jan 2013, 02:09 (Ref:3194400)   #42
Danske
Veteran

Danske should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by HORNDAWG View Post

Just sayin', there's a link to that page on the home page; it's the "View Events Page" button under the list of upcoming races (which is itself under the featured news article scrolling images), when you have Daytona selected from that list.
Old 26 Jan 2013, 03:29 (Ref:3194407)   #43
picchiofan
Racer

Iran
picchiofan User has been fined for unsportsmanlike behaviour!
Quote:
http://jalopnik.com/5979074/the-role...=recirculation

Good start as well.
Old 26 Jan 2013, 03:30 (Ref:3194408)   #44
JHamilton
Veteran

United States
Atlanta, GA
JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by fieldodreams79 View Post
^ not bad. Looks like "Rooftop" Ray through the night again with Eli Gold and Co on the call.
I forgot about ol' Rooftop. That guy was amazing.
Old 26 Jan 2013, 03:32 (Ref:3194409)   #45
JHamilton
Veteran

United States
Atlanta, GA
JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:

L.P.
And yet it is slightly better than Nascar's. It is just terrible.
Old 26 Jan 2013, 03:33 (Ref:3194410)   #46
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:

L.P.
Just looked at that link and there was a picture of pole sitter Pruett in a quite unflattering pose. Im not sure how to describe it, but it made me shake my head....
Old 26 Jan 2013, 03:36 (Ref:3194412)   #47
JHamilton
Veteran

United States
Atlanta, GA
Quote:
Originally Posted by joeb View Post
Just looked at that link and there was a picture of pole sitter Pruett in a quite unflattering pose. Im not sure how to describe it, but it made me shake my head....
That's his pre-finger pistols move. Hi to my family at home.
Old 26 Jan 2013, 04:10 (Ref:3194414)   #48
ptclaus98
Veteran

United States
ptclaus98 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by fieldodreams79 View Post
^ not bad. Looks like "Rooftop" Ray through the night again with Eli Gold and Co on the call.
Eli is a good announcer, but I am real glad RLM is covering it, because I really, REALLY can't stand to hear the voice of the Crimson TAHD right now.
Old 26 Jan 2013, 13:04 (Ref:3194469)   #49
rich07
Veteran

Australia
Victoria
rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!
How long until RLM race coverage starts?
Old 26 Jan 2013, 13:05 (Ref:3194470)   #50
Victor_RO
Veteran

Romania
Cluj-Napoca, Romania
Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by rich07 View Post
How long until RLM race coverage starts?
7 hours, the race only starts at about 20:30 GMT.