Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Barn Finds > IRL Indycar Series

Old 7 Jan 2004, 20:30 (Ref:830882)   #1
GP Racer
Veteran

United States
"The Big Apple"
GP Racer should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridGP Racer should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
6 IRL Drivers Make Autosports Top 50

The IRL had six of their drivers named to Autosport Magazines top 50 drivers in motorsport for 2003, as reported by www.indyracing.com

Thats twice the number of drivers it had named in 2002

Dixon led the list at #6
Hornish was #9, up from #24 last year
DeFerran was #13
Castroneves was #18, up from #37
Kanaan was #19
Scheckter was #36, up from #38

Schumacher was #1!

I guess its safe to say, that the international crowd enjoyed the close racing and even closer finishes the IRL put on this year!

Congratulations to all the drivers!
Old 7 Jan 2004, 20:53 (Ref:830900)   #2
jhansen
Veteran

United States
California
jhansen should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridjhansen should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridjhansen should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
No idea how Scheckter makes that list, but congrats to the drivers. It's nice to see the IRL get some respect.
Old 7 Jan 2004, 20:54 (Ref:830902)   #3
Tim Northcutt
Veteran

United States
Indianapolis
Tim Northcutt should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTim Northcutt should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTim Northcutt should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTim Northcutt should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Don't know if I'd rank Scheckter that high....

But it is good to see that many IRL guys on the list....

One American Open Wheel Series!
Old 7 Jan 2004, 23:34 (Ref:831034)   #4
GP Racer
Veteran

United States
"The Big Apple"
GP Racer should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridGP Racer should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I guess Scheckter has a pretty good reputation on the international scene, not to mention his fathers good name.

Definetely a good showing for a series I thought was rather maligned on the international front.

Danica Patrick
Old 8 Jan 2004, 17:45 (Ref:831800)   #5
BootsOntheSide
Veteran

England
Eastbourne, England
BootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Scheckter's placing was ridiculous considering that Brack, Al Jr, Herta and Barron all missed out. They all took disadvantageous posisitons and turned them into wins, whereas Thomas continued his career pattern of wasting his chances yet once again earning a great drive for next year. Life's not fair soemtimes.
Old 8 Jan 2004, 19:01 (Ref:831874)   #6
jhansen
Veteran

United States
California
jhansen should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridjhansen should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridjhansen should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
You nailed it Boots.