Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > National & International Single Seaters

Old 21 Feb 2004, 08:24 (Ref:881163)   #1
demarco
Rookie

demarco should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
What about Brit FFZ?

Is it not very quiet about the British FF Zetec lineup? No threads whatsoever.

Does anyone have aby info about the drivers and teams this year? I mean, the series starts in five weeks. Someone must have signed?
Old 21 Feb 2004, 08:25 (Ref:881165)   #2
mattray
Veteran

mattray has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Whats a Zetec?
Old 21 Feb 2004, 10:08 (Ref:881232)   #3
Gaz
Veteran

United Kingdom
Northwich, UK
Gaz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
It's very worrying in my opinion. I've got a list of around 9-10 confirmed drivers but as you say there's only 6 weeks until the opener!Medina Sport have apparently gone bust and Comtec are now gonnas so that's 2 teams that are dead. Apparently there was a 'surge' of interest after the announcement of the prize for the title winner but it's hardly turned into signatures. I think by the fact the championship was advertising desperatly in motorsportnews this week gives us the clue its struggling for numbers. I hope I'm wrong but there's some top teams such as Nexa who still haven't even confirmed a driver!

Last edited by Gaz; 21 Feb 2004 at 10:08.
Old 21 Feb 2004, 10:28 (Ref:881245)   #4
Barry Pomfret
Racer

Barry Pomfret should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I thought Medina announced last week they were running Daniel "crasher" Clarke again? Has this happened after the announcement?
Old 21 Feb 2004, 10:42 (Ref:881249)   #5
Gaz
Veteran

United Kingdom
Northwich, UK
Well a rumour was on ten-tenths last week that Medina were bust and I've heard another one that Mr Clarke has actually signed elsewhere!There was your right though an announcement the other week that he would run with Medina

Last edited by Gaz; 21 Feb 2004 at 10:42.
Old 21 Feb 2004, 10:46 (Ref:881253)   #6
Redracer77
Veteran

Redracer77 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Medina has by no means gone bust and from what I hear he will be as busy as ever in 2004. He will be running a couple of FF1600 cars as well as Zetecs. He has a great team and good facilities. It would be worth paying his bills to be able to see the view from the workshop on a clear night across Manchester - Superb!! But he is one of the best engineers in the business and just because it is all quiet doesn't mean he has gone bust. It is silly comments like that that harm good little businesses like Johns.

He will be able to keep his business going very well this year with all the repairs and rebuilds that he will have to do for Blue Nose!!!
Old 21 Feb 2004, 10:53 (Ref:881257)   #7
diz
Veteran

England
Cheshire
diz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by Gaz
Well a rumour was on ten-tenths last week that Medina were bust and I've heard another one that Mr Clarke has actually signed elsewhere!There was your right though an announcement the other week that he would run with Medina
Gaz.
You've got it wrong. Medina Sport are still in business. I have spoken to John Loebell this morning. They are not running in the main Zetec series this year, but will be running a two pronged attack elsewhere. Yes Clarke was going to return to the team, but then decided to take his budget elsewhere.

1. They will be running two FF1800 cars in the Club Series. One for the Silverstone Scholarship winner Ryan Parrouty. I can't name their second confirmed runner just yet.

2. They are also running Alan Pike in the NW FF1600 Championship and have a second car [RF01] available for anybody interested.

John Loebell will also be 'assisting' the new team on the NW FF1600 block, in the early stages of their existence. Mark Chadwick's new Northstar Motorsport team are running two RF04s in the NW FF1600 Championship for Mark himself and Paul Gerrard.

John also intends to be out himself in selected NW FF1600 rounds.

So no, Medina have not gone bust. Perhaps a retraction is called for.
Old 21 Feb 2004, 10:54 (Ref:881260)   #8
sprocket
Racer

England
bramhall,cheshire
sprocket should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
RE MEDINA: YOU ALL SHOULD GET YOUR FACTS CORRECT,AND NOT MAKE LIBELOUS COMMENTS,AS DONE ON THIS THREAD.
THEY WERE MORE THAN BUSY WHEN I WAS THERE YESTERDAY.

DEAL IN FACT NOT STUPID GOSSIP.
Old 21 Feb 2004, 11:03 (Ref:881266)   #9
Gaz
Veteran

United Kingdom
Northwich, UK
Think your going a bit overboard mate!we were just discussing a bit of speculation that was on here last week! we were hardly throwing accusations! it was speculation that does have some truth, it had just been misinterpretated! Obviously the rumour was meant to be that Medina wouldn't be running main series Zetec's and not that they'd gone bust altogether! I think a very big loss for the series. Clarke will race with JLR by the way

Last edited by Gaz; 21 Feb 2004 at 11:04.
Old 21 Feb 2004, 11:22 (Ref:881279)   #10
sprocket
Racer

England
bramhall,cheshire
VERY POOR EXSCUSE,SUGGEST YOU READ YOUR COMMENTS AGAIN!!

BE MAN ENOUGH TO RETRACT YOUR COMMNTS/SPECULATION.
Old 21 Feb 2004, 11:25 (Ref:881283)   #11
blue nose
Veteran

blue nose should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Spocket is shouting again....I would do as he says.
Old 21 Feb 2004, 11:26 (Ref:881284)   #12
Gaz
Veteran

United Kingdom
Northwich, UK
Mate, CAPS LOCK BUTTON!Heard of it?You might want to press it!it wasn't even me that started the speculation I was just discussing what I had heard! nobody argued the case last week when it was posted so I believed it must be true!I'm not gonna try explain myself to anyone anyway!right back to the thread...anybody know anything about the plans of Nexa for 04? Sebastian Hohenthal won the winter series and was said to be in line for a seat....but that was about 3 months ago!

Last edited by Gaz; 21 Feb 2004 at 11:29.
Old 21 Feb 2004, 11:41 (Ref:881291)   #13
sprocket
Racer

England
bramhall,cheshire
Hey Blue Nose,is he your mate? He's not mine!!

He's good on exscuses,but not Adult or man enough to say sorry I got it wrong,has he never heard of"don't beleive everything you read"

It was him who said"Medina had gone bust" on this thread was'nt it?

-------------------------------------------------------
bolton wanderers 4- man city 3 (redracers dream)
Old 21 Feb 2004, 11:44 (Ref:881293)   #14
Gaz
Veteran

United Kingdom
Northwich, UK
snore!!! at least you've found the caps lock button!!check other threads, can't even remember which one it was but somebody posted it on there!...yes I can you even replied to it!ha!it was that mackmot bloke!yes I made a mistake in passing on false information that I read!happy now!think you need need to calm down a little tho, no need for that type of reaction!it was only said to be speculation!nobody said it was truth!

Last edited by Gaz; 21 Feb 2004 at 11:49.
Old 21 Feb 2004, 11:55 (Ref:881299)   #15
Redracer77
Veteran

Redracer77 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
lol sprocket!!

Just getting some work done in the office before I pop over to the Reebok to watch Keegan get the sack!!!

PS Gaz belt up. those small things can crush a small business so if you know it may not be true - then don't say anything.
Old 21 Feb 2004, 11:58 (Ref:881301)   #16
Gaz
Veteran

United Kingdom
Northwich, UK
Belt up!,whatever!if you bothered to read my post further up you'll see that I said when it was posted last week nobody argued the case so I presumed it must be true!if you wanna argue the case go argue with mackmot he started the speculation!comes to something if a ten-tenths member is being used as a scapegoat for someones business going bust!

Last edited by Gaz; 21 Feb 2004 at 11:59.
Old 21 Feb 2004, 12:45 (Ref:881323)   #17
Nina
Racer

Nina should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid

Back to the topic itself - it is worrying that with not long to go there doesnt seem to be a huge amount of interest in ff. What could this be down to?

I really enjoyed FFz last year
Old 21 Feb 2004, 12:54 (Ref:881327)   #18
interested
Rookie

interested should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I had many calls this morning which prompted me to have a look for myself.Thanks for all the support and for your information Medina Sport is only a small part of Loetop ltd
which has been in business since 1988 and has been and still
is very successful.I can assure you we are stronger than ever
With regard to D.Clarke the reason they went {and i believe
still not signed with anyone}was they were playing the field
with teams and the fact that they wanted team mates.
For the lesser knowledgable amongst you this can be quite important at that level.At that time, due to the shortage in full budget drivers, i did not have a team mate for Dan.
coupled with the fact that i had other drivers in the avon tyres clubman zetec and regional FF1600 wanting to join Medina, i decided to stop waiting for D.C and welcome my new charges to the team.
So i hope that clears it up and look forward to seeing you out there,as usual if you require any assistance we will be pleased to help.
Barry Pomfet you should have known better!
We go back a long way!

Regards

Interested
Old 21 Feb 2004, 12:55 (Ref:881328)   #19
The Arbitrator
Rookie

The Arbitrator should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
GAZ!! You just don’t get it. Do you??!! You spend so much time trolling through and contributing (Well adding to contributing is far to generous description) to this site I’m surprised that you have any free time left to research the information you so readily purvey masquerading as fact and inside info.

Maybe you should take the hint and better still a little time to think and engage the brain before you start making what really do amount to libelous ravings. Maybe and I say maybe then you can start making contributions here that have some value.

Oh and by the way the word is misinterpreted not misinterpretated.
Old 21 Feb 2004, 13:16 (Ref:881339)   #20
Gaz
Veteran

United Kingdom
Northwich, UK
I won't even bother replying to the arbitrator!

Yes Nina it is very worrying the lack of interest in FFord. It seems the karters have all gone BMW leaving Ford with not a lot to play with. Charlie Kimball is a plus for the series as he is a talent but apart from that the grid looks very thin and of the other drivers signed none really stand out. Drivers such as Donnelly really struggled last year despite being with a top team like Comtec.

Cheers for your confirmation interested! Apologise for gossiping in rumours it's just as I say no one argued otherwise last week, and Mackmot's normally right so I just took it as truth! Good luck for the season, sure I'll be up at Oulton a few times to see how your going!
Old 21 Feb 2004, 13:17 (Ref:881341)   #21
Comtec Renault
Racer

Comtec Renault should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Wow calm down calm down.it is not looking good for UK Zetec,at Thruxton this week only about 7 cars testing,The sad fact is that its too little to late and FORD are to blame!Comtec left because we could see the writing on the Wall.Like it or not BMW will kill UK Zetec by the end of this year.Sad but true.I am not going to say all is wonderfull only to be proved right in a few months,Sorry Zetec fans.but we were made so many False promises for 3 years by the so called Formula Ford representetives that its just dying like Vauxhall Junior did.
Old 21 Feb 2004, 13:19 (Ref:881342)   #22
Mackmot
Veteran

United Kingdom
Melbourne, Victoria, Australia
Mackmot should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Yeah sorry about that John, I had heard you quit Zetecs so I thought that was that for you. As with every professional team out there I hope this year is prosperous.
Old 21 Feb 2004, 13:21 (Ref:881343)   #23
Nina
Racer

Nina should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Ah of course, I forgot about FBMW
Will the prize announced by Fords be enough to help attract more exciting drivers? Somebody said to me a few weeks ago that they think Formula Ford Zetec has had it, its starting to die - could they have been correct?!
Old 21 Feb 2004, 13:24 (Ref:881344)   #24
Mackmot
Veteran

United Kingdom
Melbourne, Victoria, Australia
Mackmot should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Jonathan, I think you should give the new guys a chance, they are much more organised and are willing to try and change things for the better. FBMW unfortunately is very strict and very expensive
Old 21 Feb 2004, 13:25 (Ref:881346)   #25
blue nose
Veteran

blue nose should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I can see it now 8 Zetecs flying into Old Hall......