Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > 24 Heures du Mans

Old 24 May 2006, 17:42 (Ref:1618082)   #26
six degrees
Rookie

United Kingdom
six degrees should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aysedasi
If I were you, I'd watch those saucisse very carefully indeed..... If you're talking real sausages, fair enough, but those split plastic skinned orange things are surely the devil's work. Don't eat them on Saturday, you'll be too ill on Sunday to watch the end of the race......
nah they called them saucisse.... not too sure what the definition was tho, but they certainly weren't those evil orange things, I've experienced those in the past and you're quite correct! they were proper sausages, slightly spicy but real meat. just good
Old 24 May 2006, 18:01 (Ref:1618097)   #27
Mal
Veteran

England
London
Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!
The rotten sausage is, I think, called Andoulette and is basically tripe. Have it at your peril!!

Does anyone brave the pork knuckle from the restaurants at the back of the village which can be good once you cut off the fat.
Old 24 May 2006, 18:04 (Ref:1618098)   #28
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mal

Does anyone brave the pork knuckle from the restaurants at the back of the village which can be good once you cut off the fat.
I was going to reply but I couldn't find the "throw-up" smilie......
Old 24 May 2006, 18:16 (Ref:1618108)   #29
Bentley03
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Bentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mal
The rotten sausage is, I think, called Andoulette and is basically tripe. Have it at your peril!!
Your absolutely right Mal, just the smell of the Andouillette makes me wretch. It is without doubt the most foul item on any menu at Le Mans....AVOID!!!!
Old 24 May 2006, 18:27 (Ref:1618121)   #30
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
I also draw the line at snails.......
Old 24 May 2006, 20:21 (Ref:1618195)   #31
spectre200
Racer

United Kingdom
Bedford, UK
spectre200 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Mmm...Snails. I usually take a trip into town for some of those, with loads of garlic butter and bread - it's a good starter. I try and follow the 'when in Rome' rule; the French know how to cook this stuff well, and I've never had gut problems. (Other than the size!)
Old 24 May 2006, 20:30 (Ref:1618198)   #32
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Quote:
Originally Posted by spectre200
Mmm...Snails. I usually take a trip into town for some of those, with loads of garlic butter and bread - it's a good starter. I try and follow the 'when in Rome' rule; the French know how to cook this stuff well, and I've never had gut problems. (Other than the size!)

I'd certainly go along with that - I mean I've had a go at most things in France, the frogs legs and so on - but the idea of scoffing snails leaves me pretty cold........
Old 24 May 2006, 23:42 (Ref:1618286)   #33
MikeHoyer
Veteran

United Kingdom
Northampton, UK
MikeHoyer should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridMikeHoyer should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridMikeHoyer should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I'd try it! We usually seem to have chips and sausages in a baguette.... and that's about it. Gotta try the champagne and crepes this year...
Old 25 May 2006, 08:03 (Ref:1618437)   #34
AllonFS
Veteran

United Kingdom
Bristol, UK
AllonFS has a real shot at the championship!AllonFS has a real shot at the championship!AllonFS has a real shot at the championship!AllonFS has a real shot at the championship!AllonFS has a real shot at the championship!AllonFS has a real shot at the championship!
Snails are great, but lets be honest the overall sensation is of slightly chewy garlic butter. As anyone had escargots not cooked in garlic butter - if so what does a snail actually taste of?
Old 25 May 2006, 09:34 (Ref:1618486)   #35
PascaLM
Race Official
Veteran

France
Near Blois, France
PascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by hgb
The sausage stall at Tertre Rouge does it for me.
If you are speaking about the virage, I don't the way they cook the merguez, swimming in grease.
I prefer the "official" restaurants, behind the grandstand, or the two restaurants at Arnage for my 3AM merguez-frites !
Old 25 May 2006, 09:44 (Ref:1618494)   #36
Suze
Veteran

England
Suze should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSuze should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSuze should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
I like both. Cider to quench the thirst and champagne when you want a really civilised drink.......
Hm nah, I'll stick to champagne ta, not a cider fan.
Old 25 May 2006, 09:48 (Ref:1618498)   #37
PascaLM
Race Official
Veteran

France
Near Blois, France
PascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
I'd certainly go along with that - I mean I've had a go at most things in France, the frogs legs and so on - but the idea of scoffing snails leaves me pretty cold........
I've never eaten frogs legs ; my wife, my brother, my sister...haven't either.
But we are fond of snails with garlic and parsley butter.
Old 25 May 2006, 10:57 (Ref:1618544)   #38
AllonFS
Veteran

United Kingdom
Bristol, UK
AllonFS has a real shot at the championship!AllonFS has a real shot at the championship!AllonFS has a real shot at the championship!AllonFS has a real shot at the championship!AllonFS has a real shot at the championship!AllonFS has a real shot at the championship!
(Slightly off topic) There is an excellent Chinese restaurant where I live that does fried frogs legs in garlic and fresh chilli. Gorgeous.
Old 25 May 2006, 11:43 (Ref:1618579)   #39
MikeHoyer
Veteran

United Kingdom
Northampton, UK
MikeHoyer should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridMikeHoyer should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridMikeHoyer should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
When we first went to Le Mans in 2003 we went on a coach trip via Paris. Part of it was going for a meal in Paris where frogs legs were on the menu, sadly some friends couldn't afford it, so we ended up in Mcdonalds...
Old 25 May 2006, 12:25 (Ref:1618606)   #40
ss_collins
Veteran

Nigeria
Mooresville, NC
ss_collins should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridss_collins should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridss_collins should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridss_collins should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
I like audrey's (my name) at the back of the paddock, or the sausage stand at tertre rouge.

Good chips can be had in the village too.

Anyone know good bars in Tours too?
Old 25 May 2006, 13:01 (Ref:1618635)   #41
Suze
Veteran

England
Suze should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSuze should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSuze should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
And the good bars have to be able to do good cocktails for me...
Old 25 May 2006, 13:54 (Ref:1618671)   #42
The Badger
Veteran

The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by AllonFS
Snails are great, but lets be honest the overall sensation is of slightly chewy garlic butter. As anyone had escargots not cooked in garlic butter - if so what does a snail actually taste of?
Im not sure if you can call'em "Escargot" , but ive had snails in Africa , as big
as a small fist and covered with this hot spice that blows your teeth outta your mouth and leaves your gums on fire ..... HORRIBLE ..... as well as being overcooked , like carlilage , and blue ..... they taste like a Michelin tyre !!!

Ive been lookin in the town for a place that does "Escargot" , but i cant find a restaurant that does . Are they seasonal or just on holidays ?

What exactly is "Tartiflette" ?

Last edited by The Badger; 25 May 2006 at 14:01.
Old 25 May 2006, 14:19 (Ref:1618694)   #43
Bentley03
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Bentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
I had escargots last year at La Toscane (calls itself a Pizzeria but the menu is quite varied and extensive). It's in the Old Town in the same square as the Town Hall. I'm sure I've had them in one or two other restaurants in the same square in the past aswell.
Old 25 May 2006, 15:39 (Ref:1618739)   #44
bernard b
Veteran

European Union
France
bernard b has a real shot at the championship!bernard b has a real shot at the championship!bernard b has a real shot at the championship!bernard b has a real shot at the championship!bernard b has a real shot at the championship!bernard b has a real shot at the championship!
"La Vendée" in the village is a very recommendable place

it's also one of the very few that works during the test week-end
Old 25 May 2006, 18:05 (Ref:1618832)   #45
Truckosaurus
Veteran

England
North Hampshire
Truckosaurus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTruckosaurus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTruckosaurus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTruckosaurus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Badger
What exactly is "Tartiflette" ?
Bloody Lovely is what it is ... Potato, Reblockon cheese, onions and bacon bits ('lardons' en francais). Not the lightest of dishes though.

There isn't a 'food' smiley, but here's an artist's impression of the Grand Marnier Crepe stall
Old 25 May 2006, 21:33 (Ref:1619035)   #46
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
OK, so we've pretty well covered all the trivial food issues now, so its time to turn to something more serious.

Merguez.

Ketchup or Mustard?

I'm a moutarde man myself.........
Old 25 May 2006, 22:55 (Ref:1619089)   #47
The Badger
Veteran

The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!
I like it mixed 50-50 ....... kinda got a nice taste with a twang .
Old 26 May 2006, 00:07 (Ref:1619115)   #48
MikeHoyer
Veteran

United Kingdom
Northampton, UK
Mustard here!
Old 26 May 2006, 07:02 (Ref:1619228)   #49
Bentley03
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
I take mine neat, but with ketchup on my frites.
Old 26 May 2006, 07:30 (Ref:1619240)   #50
AllonFS
Veteran

United Kingdom
Bristol, UK
Has to be mustard. However the best stuff for campsite bbqs is the mustardy mayonnaise in a squidgy bottle from the supermarche. Perfection.