Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > 24 Heures du Mans

Old 23 Jul 2000, 00:09 (Ref:24840)   #1
Liz
Veteran

Liz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridLiz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
For those who can get Speedvision, they are now running a two-hour "Highlights" version - I saw it this afternoon but I'm sure it will be on several times in the next two weeks. Catch it if you can - it is excellent! I really enjoyed seeing it because I had been there - fun to watch again the 7 1/2 minute Rear End Change of the Audi that I had seen through my field glasses "live", for example - and I could enjoy the DAMS Cadillac fire now that I knew the pilote was safe and unharmed. Some good film of Mario, including the "highlight" of the blown tire at 190 mph and his amazing save of the car ("We got away with one," was his laconic response), and of the young Corvette pilote who passed out cold when he got out of the car (but they didn't show his mechanics drawing a chalk outline around him, which I would have enjoyed seeing). They give you some good information about the race itself, some historic background, and they didn't miss much.

Watch for this one if you can.