Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > 24 Heures du Mans

Old 18 Sep 2020, 10:09 (Ref:4003450)   #1726
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by valedave View Post
On https://www.timing71.org/timing/lm24_rsl you can set a delay to the timing, by the way. Quite useful.
Strangely, I quite enjoyed having the heads-up produced by the delay....
Old 18 Sep 2020, 10:13 (Ref:4003452)   #1727
deggis
Veteran

Finland
deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!
Timing71 also now has a desktop app. See the preferences for a super secret checkbox which enables WEC timing.

https://www.timing71.org/download

Is that radioshow.limited link something that is officially ok with WEC or something James Muscat made for RLM to be used privately but now the link has been leaked?
Old 18 Sep 2020, 10:15 (Ref:4003454)   #1728
Akrapovic
Veteran

Scotland
Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by deggis View Post
Timing71 also now has a desktop app. See the preferences for a super secret checkbox which enables WEC timing.

https://www.timing71.org/download

Is that radioshow.limited link something that is officially ok with WEC or something James Muscat made for RLM to be used provately but now the link has been leaked?
Hindy has been hinting at it for the last day or so, so it's a kinda leak official ish...thing.
Old 18 Sep 2020, 10:20 (Ref:4003457)   #1729
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
Sadly I won’t be able to watch the race, as Quest, who have shown it the past few years are showing Superbike coverage instead. First time I won’t be able to watch it since 2007

Ah well, I will still keep a close eye on proceedings
Old 18 Sep 2020, 10:21 (Ref:4003458)   #1730
Akrapovic
Veteran

Scotland
Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by S griffin View Post
Sadly I won’t be able to watch the race, as Quest, who have shown it the past few years are showing Superbike coverage instead. First time I won’t be able to watch it since 2007

Ah well, I will still keep a close eye on proceedings
Why not use an online stream?
Old 18 Sep 2020, 10:36 (Ref:4003461)   #1731
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
Might not have time, but I’ll see what I can do
Old 18 Sep 2020, 10:46 (Ref:4003469)   #1732
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
What?!! It's Le Mans man! You should have nothing in your diary. Just give Eurosport the price of a couple of beers and watch the whole thing!
Old 18 Sep 2020, 10:53 (Ref:4003472)   #1733
Akrapovic
Veteran

Scotland
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aysedasi View Post
What?!! It's Le Mans man! You should have nothing in your diary. Just give Eurosport the price of a couple of beers and watch the whole thing!
I know we're slightly off topic, but this post is really important (and something I may have to deal with personally when I've finished working on the thing I'm working on...)

For the price of a couple of beers, or a microwaved Wetherspoons curry, you can get TV coverage of the Le Mans 24 Hours. That's amazing value. I think when it comes to digital products (especially apps...) people seem to go "£5!? A month!? For this service!? How expensive!". But they won't blink an eye at wasting the same £5 on real world things, which actually bring less value or satisfaction to their lives.

Pay for your services - especially independent services where available. People work hard to make your life easier and better
Old 18 Sep 2020, 11:12 (Ref:4003478)   #1734
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
I couldn't agree more. I was astonished at people bemoaning ads when all they had to do was to spend a tiny amount of dosh to watch it uninterrupted, well, where I am, at least. That amount wouldn't make a dent in a hour's worth of your beer kitty at the circuit.... As value for money goes (even though I had expected to watch it for free on the app), it was money hugely well spent.
Old 18 Sep 2020, 11:23 (Ref:4003486)   #1735
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
I had (have) a subscription but it would not accept my password. Tried to reset and it still refused. 40 Euros per annum. So I've used a different e mail and subscribed again. Will cancel the previous subscription which renews in October.

As I said it is now on my TV apps so no need to cast.
Old 18 Sep 2020, 11:28 (Ref:4003487)   #1736
RL17
Racer

United Kingdom
Maidstone, Kent
RL17 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridRL17 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridRL17 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Happy to have got the WEC app finally working free (would have been easier to just pay the euro9.99 though and did need to wait 45 mins before the Le Mans coverage was ticked rather than continuing to be a pay option on the screen). Now on PC and phone. Alan McNish helping english commentary.

Good back up to Eurosport on BT TV with ads (2 breaks in quali and 1 in hyperbole missed a great lap)

The choice of in car videos from 15 or so cars good (especially for Porsche and AM) and can select cars for timing or track position screens or just flick between categories for each.

Watching from home reluctantly the short quali and hyperbole were good - probably not so good in future at LM unless in a good stand seat with a screen close by.
Old 18 Sep 2020, 12:02 (Ref:4003492)   #1737
E.B
Veteran

United Kingdom
About 7kms East of Albert Park Melbourne
E.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Or as I did.... 10 Euros for the FIAWEC App for the entire event. Ad free.
Old 18 Sep 2020, 15:24 (Ref:4003547)   #1738
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
Exactly where I need to be.
crmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
What's the extra time commitment for an online stream as opposed to a broadcast service?
Old 18 Sep 2020, 15:47 (Ref:4003554)   #1739
Deleted
Veteran

Deleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by sceptic View Post
The feed you have listed as qualifying is actually the race but with German commentary. The feed you have listed as race is with English commentary.
It was listed as Qualifying stream (as per usual on Porsche YT) but they changed it recently, probably realizing the ACO cameras aint there

Anyway Fassbender is racing in that Porsche race as VIP entry, so even though he isn't in the main race as originally expected, he is still sort of here. There are over 50 Cup cars in the race
Old 18 Sep 2020, 18:45 (Ref:4003626)   #1740
Alfaholic
Veteran

England
Felixstowe
Alfaholic should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridAlfaholic should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Looks like the £20 I paid for a year's subscription to Eurosport when they had an offer on last month was good value. Must remember to take the Chromebook into work tomorrow for the first couple of hours and Suday morning's coverage.

I don't know if it's been brought up already, but will there be proper TV coverage from Tertre Rouge through to Arnage for the race rather than relying on in-car cameras and CCTV?
Old 18 Sep 2020, 18:49 (Ref:4003628)   #1741
Deleted
Veteran

Deleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alfaholic View Post
I don't know if it's been brought up already, but will there be proper TV coverage from Tertre Rouge through to Arnage for the race rather than relying on in-car cameras and CCTV?
They always have cameras on the non-permanent circuit from Saturday morning onwards
Old 18 Sep 2020, 18:56 (Ref:4003634)   #1742
Alfaholic
Veteran

England
Felixstowe
Alfaholic should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridAlfaholic should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chiana View Post
They always have cameras on the non-permanent circuit from Saturday morning onwards
Thanks. Lets see whet the coverage is for the warm up tomorrow.
Old 18 Sep 2020, 18:59 (Ref:4003635)   #1743
crooky
Racer

crooky should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridcrooky should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Just seen the highlights of the hyperpole. Was there really no coverage of the incredible lap from Menezes?
Old 18 Sep 2020, 19:00 (Ref:4003636)   #1744
Deleted
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alfaholic View Post
Thanks. Lets see whet the coverage is for the warm up tomorrow.
For all 15 minutes of it, perhaps a car or two will do a timed lap lol

Anyway all sessions are covered tomorrow, both the support races are on Youtube and the LM24 sessions on where they should.

There's supposedly also a Peugeot 908 parade lap happening tomorrow but I'm not sure where this can be seen, if it can. Surely somewhere, as there is no crowd to see it
Old 18 Sep 2020, 20:45 (Ref:4003663)   #1745
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!
Peugeot are hoping to get lots of screen time with the parade and announcement.
Old 19 Sep 2020, 07:25 (Ref:4003730)   #1746
Gingers4Justice
Veteran

United Kingdom
Highbury, London
Gingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
I was shocked by the Hyper pole coverage. I understand (but don't agree) with the reason why most cameras aren't usually turned on for qualifying, but you'd think that given what's happened, the ACO would bend over backwards to make sure for that for that 30 minute session at least, every camera was fixed on what is our last chance to see the LMP1 cars flat out round Le Mans.

I simply cannot believe that we could only see, what, a fifth of the lap? There were large parts of the circuit where literally no one on this planet, apart from the drivers in the car, was watching these cars qualify for the best race in the world.

Really poor.
Old 19 Sep 2020, 08:26 (Ref:4003738)   #1747
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lovely commentary-less stream on Eurosport right now....
Old 19 Sep 2020, 08:28 (Ref:4003740)   #1748
crooky
Racer

crooky should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridcrooky should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Lovely commentary-less stream on Eurosport right now....
The TV coverage has just been one massive advert so far.

EDIT: Ah no worries session is about to start. I wouldn’t be queuing to get out the pits. Let the pit lane clear and then just do an installation lap or two in your own time.
Old 19 Sep 2020, 08:29 (Ref:4003741)   #1749
Simmi
Veteran

United Kingdom
Simmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gingers4Justice View Post
I was shocked by the Hyper pole coverage. I understand (but don't agree) with the reason why most cameras aren't usually turned on for qualifying, but you'd think that given what's happened, the ACO would bend over backwards to make sure for that for that 30 minute session at least, every camera was fixed on what is our last chance to see the LMP1 cars flat out round Le Mans.

I simply cannot believe that we could only see, what, a fifth of the lap? There were large parts of the circuit where literally no one on this planet, apart from the drivers in the car, was watching these cars qualify for the best race in the world.

Really poor.
Agreed. Same every year though the mentality won't change.
Old 19 Sep 2020, 08:44 (Ref:4003745)   #1750
courageous
Veteran

United Kingdom
Chatham, Kent
courageous should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridcourageous should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Official streams found so far:

Rebellion onboard
https://www.ustream.tv/embed/2396173...&autoplay=true

Toyota onboards

Dragonspeed
https://youtu.be/_5BLWrxhwHQ

Pitlane
https://vimeo.com/event/268551/embed/275f81356e

Startline