Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > National & International Single Seaters

Old 26 Sep 2006, 08:56 (Ref:1720079)   #51
chunterer
Race Official
Veteran

chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Go_For_Pole
And Pantano is looking at staying in GP2 for another year
Why would he do that unless he's getting paid by FMS or something??

Quote:
Originally Posted by strider
It's possible, but I wouldn't be surprised to see him in WSR. Don't think the money would stretch to GP2.
Yes that seems sensible, or how about a Manor or ASM Euro F3 seat, that might be on his target list as well?

If he does GP2 how will he know that he's signed for the right team?
Old 26 Sep 2006, 14:09 (Ref:1720362)   #52
Sephirot1
Racer

Spain
Madrid, Spain
Sephirot1 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
According to italiaracing.net, the drivers texting next week.

ART
Kohei Hirate - Kazuki Nakajima - Vitaly Petrov - Guillaume Moreau
Piquet Sports
Alexandre Negrao - Alberto Valerio - Tuka Rocha
Dams
Kohei Hirate - Kazuki Nakajima - Gavin Cronje
iSport
Alx Danielsson - Christian Bakkerud - Andreas Zuber - Charlie Kimball
Trident
Andreas Zuber - Charlie Kimball - Ernesto Viso - Adam Carroll
Super Nova
Luca Filippi - Lucas Di Grassi - Andy Soucek
BCN
Luca Filippi - José Maria Lopez
DPR
Bruno Senna - Michael Patrizi
Durango
Marco Bonanomi - Fairuz Fauzy
Campos
Adrian Valles - Roldan Rodriguez
FMSI
Jason Tahinci - TBA
Racing Engineering
Javier Villa - TBA
Arden
TBA - TBA
Old 26 Sep 2006, 15:41 (Ref:1720439)   #53
chunterer
Race Official
Veteran

chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!
Hmmmm,

ART are not testing anyone likely to be actually driving for them next year yet then?? Unless they are going to do a deal with one of the Japanese guys, both of whom are supported by a manufacturer if i'm not mistaken?

Is Moreau an ASM F3 driver by any chance?

It'll be interesting to see how Kimball goes. He's had a couple of excellent wins in Euroseries when he's made some ability count in difficult circumstances. But could he nail it over a full season?

Campos ought to see how his protege Valles goes in another car as a benchmark. I think the guy's pretty good and he would be better off driving for someone else next season IMO.
Old 26 Sep 2006, 21:26 (Ref:1720724)   #54
bella
Race Official
Veteran

France
bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!
moreau is a signature driver in the euroseries, chunty

testing's not about testing new drivers really, its about making enough money to pay the mechanics over the winter so i'd not place a huge amount of importance behind the tests.

kimball's going to look very silly, i suspect.
Old 26 Sep 2006, 21:53 (Ref:1720741)   #55
Mekola
Veteran

Kiribati
Atlantis
Mekola should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridMekola should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridMekola should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Wonder if Esteban Guerrieri would have any chance to test a GP2 car. Maybe in BCN...
Same question for CaÃ*to Risatti...

Last edited by Mekola; 26 Sep 2006 at 21:55.
Old 26 Sep 2006, 22:50 (Ref:1720759)   #56
Mekola
Veteran

Kiribati
Atlantis
Mekola should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridMekola should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridMekola should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I've just looked that Bruno Senna will test for DPR. Mike Conway raced for them once.
Is a connection between Double R and David Price???
Old 26 Sep 2006, 23:18 (Ref:1720767)   #57
strider
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Middle Earth
strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!
No, if anything there is a closer link between Carlin and DPR.

Alternatively, there may be a link between David Price and Gerhard Berger,but I think Bruno has about three tests lined up, so this first one is a toe-in-the water exercise.

Christian Horner was watching BF3 at Silverstone at the weekend and I believe Mike Conway will be testing for Arden at some point.
Old 28 Sep 2006, 09:03 (Ref:1721833)   #58
Sephirot1
Racer

Spain
Madrid, Spain
Paolo Coloni has confirmed that Jason Tahinci will drive with FMS next year.
Old 29 Sep 2006, 09:16 (Ref:1722763)   #59
Sephirot1
Racer

Spain
Madrid, Spain
Nicolas Lapierre has signed with DAMS, now they have the French driver they wanted.
Old 29 Sep 2006, 16:48 (Ref:1723195)   #60
chunterer
Race Official
Veteran

Pizzonia's looking at having a run with FMS shortly as well so i've heard??!!
Old 2 Oct 2006, 18:28 (Ref:1725519)   #61
Ebi
Rookie

Malta
Malta
Ebi should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Piquet sports have merged with the Minardi Euroseries 3000 team and will race under the Minardi name next year operating from padova italy
Old 2 Oct 2006, 22:21 (Ref:1725714)   #62
Go_For_Pole
Veteran

Greece
Athens, Greece
Go_For_Pole should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridGo_For_Pole should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
More details for those that can understand Italian

http://www.italiaracing.net/news.asp?id=6654&cat=FORMULA_3000_INTERNAZIONALE&nome=GP2|SERIES&cart=news_formula|3000|internaziona le
Old 2 Oct 2006, 22:55 (Ref:1725745)   #63
strider
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Middle Earth
strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!
That link doesn't seem to work for me. Try this.
Old 3 Oct 2006, 08:12 (Ref:1726015)   #64
Go_For_Pole
Veteran

Greece
Athens, Greece
Go_For_Pole should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridGo_For_Pole should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Cheers
Old 3 Oct 2006, 09:43 (Ref:1726140)   #65
Mekola
Veteran

Kiribati
Atlantis
Very interesting the thing announced by Italiaracing, something that I suspected for months: Minardi team by GP Racing will enter in GP2, with the structure of the team Piquet Sports...
With Nelsinho in F1, Piquet team has to find new purposes, and this of Minardi is one of the best they can reach...
Would be Tuka Rocha in GP2 next year?

Last edited by Mekola; 3 Oct 2006 at 09:45.
Old 3 Oct 2006, 09:47 (Ref:1726148)   #66
chunterer
Race Official
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mekola
Very interesting the thing announced by Italiaracing, something that I suspected for months: Minardi team by GP Racing will enter in GP2, with the structure of the team Piquet Sports...
With Nelsinho in F1, Piquet team has to find new purposes, and this of Minardi is one of the best they can reach...
Would be Tuka Rocha in GP2 next year?
Yes interesting development, how good is Rocha though, compared to Negrao for instance?

Question is, are there any really good Brazilian drivers coming through from Europe or SudAm at the moment who we could expect to get a drive there?

I wouldn't mind seeing Farfus have a test!

Last edited by chunterer; 3 Oct 2006 at 16:23.
Old 3 Oct 2006, 15:56 (Ref:1726523)   #67
strider
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Middle Earth
Quote:
Originally Posted by chunterer
Yes interesting development, how good is Rocha though, compared to Negaro for instance?

Question is, are there any really good Brazilian drivers coming through from Europe or SudAm at the moment who we could expect to get a drive there?

I wouldn't mind seeing Farfus have a test!
Please excuse me for mentioning it, chunterer, but the guy's name is actually Negrao. Every time you put Negaro, it completely throws me because I think of the French circuit, Nogaro!

I don't rate Rocha very highly, although he had a good F3000 win at the Silverstone GPM event. But he was disappointing in A1GP for Brazil last weekend.

Farfus? Interesting thought, but I doubt it. He has a nice little deal going in the WTCC now.

Alberto Valerio is last year's SudAm F3 champion. He's been racing the hard way in British F3 this year by running with his own wholly Brazilian team. I think he's actually better than he may have appeared.

Although he's testing with Piquet Sports today, I think it's just for experience and that he will be back in F3 next year.
Old 3 Oct 2006, 16:25 (Ref:1726546)   #68
chunterer
Race Official
Veteran

Quote:
Please excuse me for mentioning it, chunterer, but the guy's name is actually Negrao. Every time you put Negaro, it completely throws me because I think of the French circuit, Nogaro!
Agreed and amendment made!!

Last edited by chunterer; 9 Oct 2006 at 17:05.
Old 6 Oct 2006, 14:00 (Ref:1729987)   #69
hotwheels
Racer

hotwheels should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
I don't rate Rocha very highly, although he had a good F3000 win at the Silverstone GPM event. But he was disappointing in A1GP for Brazil last weekend.

Farfus? Interesting thought, but I doubt it. He has a nice little deal going in the WTCC now.

Alberto Valerio is last year's SudAm F3 champion.
Why would Minardi (or GP or whatever it will be named now) run a second Brazilian driver alongside Negrao? There is not many Brazilian in Europe now (i recall only Valerio in UK and Gimenez in Spanish F3). If they need a second driver from Brazil, they should call Di Grassi... Run Perera and beat ART! But I think the team will run a pay first-year driver and Negrão will get main attention now Piquet has left.
Old 8 Oct 2006, 17:21 (Ref:1732060)   #70
chunterer
Race Official
Veteran

In case you are wondering where some of the posts have gone, I think we were getting a bit off topic again with the arguments about experience versus youth and entry numbers to increase to accomodate ex GP drivers who want to restart their carrers etc..?

The 'testing times' thread has been continued because it is sort of specific and I think a separate thread should be started to dsicuss the current state/health/tue purpose of GP2 where we can perhaps explore the experienced drivers v young guns element more as well as debating whether the entry numbers should or shouldn't be expanded.

I'm going to move the posts from this thread and start another one asap.

Link: http://tentenths.com/forum/showthread.php?t=89465

Last edited by chunterer; 8 Oct 2006 at 17:36.
Old 8 Oct 2006, 18:10 (Ref:1732103)   #71
strider
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Middle Earth
Quote:
Originally Posted by chunterer
The 'testing times' thread has been continued because it is sort of specific and I think a separate thread should be started to dsicuss the current state/health/tue purpose of GP2 where we can perhaps explore the experienced drivers v young guns element more as well as debating whether the entry numbers should or shouldn't be expanded.
Good plan, chunterer, but would it also be an idea to move all the testing times posts from this thread to the specific one?

I suppose the problem is that there would be some some duplication unless you wielded the knife!
Old 9 Oct 2006, 07:57 (Ref:1732583)   #72
chunterer
Race Official
Veteran

Quote:
Good plan, chunterer, but would it also be an idea to move all the testing times posts from this thread to the specific one?

I suppose the problem is that there would be some some duplication unless you wielded the knife!
Erm yes I had considered that and I might discuss with bella and stephen having a re-merge of testing and who goes where!!

Sephirot had already posted testing times and I didn't want to alientate him as he's a good source of news and rumours for the threads!!

Perhaps having 3 separate threads could be considered overkill, but the series attracts so much attention and following that it'll could end up warranting it's own section in future!!
Old 9 Oct 2006, 12:41 (Ref:1732916)   #73
Sephirot1
Racer

Spain
Madrid, Spain
I don't care if you move the test times, it's probably good to have a single thread to discuss just the test times.
Old 9 Oct 2006, 13:48 (Ref:1732996)   #74
strider
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Middle Earth
If it were to be done, I would suggest keeping the posts that gave us the times first and in the right order. I'm pretty sure those would be the ones from Sephirot1, so he would actually become the starter of the thread.

Just a thought. Credit where it's due and all that.
Old 9 Oct 2006, 17:10 (Ref:1733196)   #75
chunterer
Race Official
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sephirot1
I don't care if you move the test times, it's probably good to have a single thread to discuss just the test times.
Done!

Quote:
If it were to be done, I would suggest keeping the posts that gave us the times first and in the right order. I'm pretty sure those would be the ones from Sephirot1, so he would actually become the starter of the thread.

Just a thought. Credit where it's due and all that.
Ditto!

Hope the threads flow ok folks!!