Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > National & International Single Seaters

Old 4 May 2007, 22:41 (Ref:1906867)   #451
AngolaFan
Rookie

Angola
Luanda
AngolaFan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid

unbelievable i cant see british f3 on TV. ma sister tryed to tell me it d be like this. outlandish this championship cant come on over here on Tv. this is a championship for british guys or overseas boys havent same rights? if i had one wish, id make whole championship.
Old 9 May 2007, 12:00 (Ref:1909809)   #452
Monkey Head
Veteran

Hong Kong
Hong Kong
Monkey Head should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
just read that Asmer didn't take part in recent JF3 test in motegi
I don't think he will race in 3rd event of Japanese championship
he will be in Romania
Old 9 May 2007, 17:41 (Ref:1910019)   #453
JohnMiller
Veteran

JohnMiller should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridJohnMiller should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I didn't realise Japanese F3 had such a small grid these days. What's happened to it? It used to be really strong.
Old 9 May 2007, 18:51 (Ref:1910086)   #454
dave not neil
Racer

England
dave not neil should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Sean Petterson to carry on where he left off at Snetterton and race the 'A' Class Lola for Fluid?!
Old 10 May 2007, 08:54 (Ref:1910160)   #455
Lightning Bug
Racer

Lightning Bug should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Has anyone twigged yet who Hitech's third driver is going to be? They advertised in Autosport last week for a new number one mechanic for their 'third car' in British F3...
Old 10 May 2007, 19:32 (Ref:1910576)   #456
dave not neil
Racer

England
dave not neil should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I believe Grosjean will be running at Bucharest. The advert also said candidate must be willing to work on other projects, meaning the car wouldn't be doing all season. The advert gives it away that Asmer will run at Bucharest.
Old 10 May 2007, 20:26 (Ref:1910599)   #457
strider
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Middle Earth
strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!
I'm not so sure. Grosjean was lined up as Asmer's replacement if he had gone to Japan, but, as you say, I reckon he's going to be in Bucharest now. So far Grosjean hasn't tested with Hitech and it's a bit late now. I doubt if he'd want to go straight into the meeting without testing the car beforehand.

Anyone else noticed that Double R are now running seven cars in Romania, including one for a local, Doru Sechelariu? And no, I can't pronounce his last name, so Doru it will have to be.
Old 11 May 2007, 08:47 (Ref:1910895)   #458
brakedisc
Racer

brakedisc should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I have recently been dealing with Boyo and the boys and have to say it was a pleasure. Did exactly as they said they would even though they are up to their eyes in it with all the workload that they have.

Best of luck to them.
Old 7 Aug 2007, 14:26 (Ref:1983448)   #459
Alex K
Veteran

United Kingdom
England
Alex K has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Heh, mates... According to Autosprint our beloved British Formula 3 will (probably) lose three of their biggest challengers in 2008. Carlin Motorsport, Double R Racing and Hitech Racing consider Formula 3 Euro Series birth. That's 9 Championship Class entries less if sucessful! Bloody .....

I have my thoughts, but first want to hear from you.
Old 7 Aug 2007, 16:35 (Ref:1983511)   #460
Lightning Bug
Racer

Just because a team do Euro F3 doesn't stop them doing British F3 as well. Maybe British F3 could act as a first stop to Euro F3, like for Jamie Green (ex-Carlin), Lucas di Grassi (ex-Hitech) etc
Old 7 Aug 2007, 16:48 (Ref:1983520)   #461
Alex K
Veteran

United Kingdom
England
I know but it will spread costs of project. F3ES is more cost effective than BF3, mostly because of logistics.And I doubt they'd, or some of'em would do both championships. I just hope, if it's true ofc, that Carlin and RRR will stay in National Class.
Old 7 Aug 2007, 17:15 (Ref:1983537)   #462
strider
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Middle Earth
strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alex K
F3ES is more cost effective than BF3, mostly because of logistics.
Why? It would surely be much more expensive for a British to run in Europe unless they set up a base over there.
Quote:
I just hope, if it's true ofc, that Carlin and RRR will stay in National Class.
At the moment Carlin don't have a car in the National Class.

Getting back to the original question, there is nothing that Mercedes and the F3 Euroseries would like more than to see British F3 die, but it ain't going to happen.

For sure they will target the teams you mention, and probably Fortec Motorsport as well, but I wouldn't believe the story just yet. Last thing I heard was that Double R had vowed not to do the Masters again until the tyre situation is sorted out. That doesn't suggest to me that they are about to dump BF3.
Old 7 Aug 2007, 17:54 (Ref:1983563)   #463
Alex K
Veteran

United Kingdom
England
Quote:
Originally Posted by strider
Why? It would surely be much more expensive for a British to run in Europe unless they set up a base over there.At the moment Carlin don't have a car in the National Class.
Language problems. I meant they'll need to spend more on F3ES. I am worry, I live in the UK for three years, and I love this championship, my friend's owned car competes in British F3. So I am worring.
Old 7 Aug 2007, 18:59 (Ref:1983623)   #464
flor
Veteran

flor should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridflor should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
from what i hear is that they consider doing both championships with seperate teams
Old 8 Aug 2007, 06:55 (Ref:1983756)   #465
Go_For_Pole
Veteran

Greece
Athens, Greece
Go_For_Pole should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridGo_For_Pole should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Like Italiaracing says in their relevant article, those three always say at this time of year that will consider doing the ES but they never do it. To me it is just an attempt to "fish" for clients, if they get one of course they will expand. Heck, Carlin nowadays is trying to enter ANY series to get a bigger footprint (or income if you are a cynic), let's not forget their less known FR2000 program
Old 8 Aug 2007, 08:43 (Ref:1983805)   #466
Lightning Bug
Racer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Go_For_Pole
Heck, Carlin nowadays is trying to enter ANY series to get a bigger footprint (or income if you are a cynic), let's not forget their less known FR2000 program
Why do you have to be cynical to suggest they're trying to get a bigger income? Of course they are! They're a business - it's a business they happened to get into because they love racing, but they've made a sporting and financial success out of it, and given all their employees a stable job and made their lives much more secure. What the hell is wrong with that?
Old 8 Aug 2007, 09:04 (Ref:1983819)   #467
Go_For_Pole
Veteran

Greece
Athens, Greece
Go_For_Pole should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridGo_For_Pole should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I guess people saying this actually refer to the fact that Carlin is associated with winning and that particular program sticks out as odd. But I did not said I have a problem with that, there are however people keen to point that out.