Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 12 Jan 2022, 10:40 (Ref:4093382)   #16
Sodemo
Veteran

United Kingdom
Solihull, West Mids, UK
Sodemo should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSodemo should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSodemo should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSodemo should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Is Lewis going to be driving in 2022? Media stories paint a vague picture of whether he will even be driving?
Old 12 Jan 2022, 17:21 (Ref:4093446)   #17
VIVA GT
Subscriber
Veteran

England
Leicestershire
VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!
Here are my thoughts and please understand that this is a 'looking forward to/hoping for' list and not necessarily what I'm expecting...
Good close & clean racing.
A championship that goes down to the wire (and not just for the winner).
Different interpretations of the new rules that results in teams producing cars with strengths in different areas whilst having similar overall lap times. (This should make for interesting racing).
The promised ability for the cars to be easier to follow (see my point above).
One previously back marker team doing a Brawn, finding the missing magic potion within the new regulations and becoming a front-runner. (In my heart I would love this to be Williams - sorry George).
Oh well, it won't be long before we know...
Old 12 Jan 2022, 23:22 (Ref:4093508)   #18
E.B
Veteran

United Kingdom
About 7kms East of Albert Park Melbourne
E.B is going for a new world record!E.B is going for a new world record!E.B is going for a new world record!E.B is going for a new world record!E.B is going for a new world record!E.B is going for a new world record!E.B is going for a new world record!
I see Nico Hulkenberg is "unsure the new technical regulations for 2022 will totally solve the issue of dirty air due to the "extremely high" cornering speeds."

https://www.autosport.com/f1/news/hu...ollow/7213489/
Old 13 Jan 2022, 16:31 (Ref:4093585)   #19
chillibowl
Veteran

Canada
winnipeg, canada
chillibowl will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famechillibowl will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famechillibowl will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famechillibowl will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famechillibowl will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famechillibowl will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famechillibowl will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famechillibowl will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famechillibowl will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famechillibowl will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famechillibowl will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
a valid concern. following closely down a straight is one thing but then the following car also needs a speed advantage car through the corner in order to facilitate an overtake.

good question he is asking about how comfortable the drivers will be following closely at those high cornering speeds...will it result in more off road excursions, breaches of track limits, more contact?
Old 14 Jan 2022, 17:15 (Ref:4093758)   #20
coppice
Veteran

Australia
Thirsk, North Yorkshire
coppice has a real shot at the championship!coppice has a real shot at the championship!coppice has a real shot at the championship!coppice has a real shot at the championship!coppice has a real shot at the championship!coppice has a real shot at the championship!
I am looking forward to seeing a contemporary F1 car live from trackside again. My three days at Grand Prix long weekends (or Thurs /Fri /Sat in the Olden Tymes ) was an annual fixture from the early 70s right until the late 90s but since then I've only seen one GP 'properly' (ie being there ) and a few tyre test days . I'd gone off the increasingly tribal crowd , the access no areas at all policy and the general hysteria and increasingly enjoyed historic and club racing instead .

But but but - this year has been terrific , the cars look seriously fast (and I am sure will be still ) and I am intrigued to see for myself by spending Fri and Saturday at Silverstone . The current iteration of F2 also piques my interest .

Bloody hell fire it costs though ....
Old 15 Jan 2022, 01:21 (Ref:4093808)   #21
bathurst77
Veteran

Australia
NSW
bathurst77 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridbathurst77 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sodemo View Post
Is Lewis going to be driving in 2022? Media stories paint a vague picture of whether he will even be driving?
Lewis will race - they will serve him Massi's head on a plate.
(rightly or wrongly)

PS Sodomo 10,500 posts since Jan 2001.. thems seriouus numbers.. 3 a day.. have you ever gone outside?
Old 15 Jan 2022, 16:47 (Ref:4093868)   #22
Anyopenroad
Veteran

England
London
Anyopenroad has a real shot at the podium!Anyopenroad has a real shot at the podium!Anyopenroad has a real shot at the podium!Anyopenroad has a real shot at the podium!Anyopenroad has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by bathurst77 View Post
PS Sodomo 10,500 posts since Jan 2001.. thems seriouus numbers.. 3 a day.. have you ever gone outside?
Mid-pack numbers tbh. We have at least one poster who's managed that many in the last 3 years and >5k since the start of 2021
Old 15 Jan 2022, 16:51 (Ref:4093869)   #23
Greem
Subscriber
Veteran

United Kingdom
Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anyopenroad View Post
Mid-pack numbers tbh. We have at least one poster who's managed that many in the last 3 years and >5k since the start of 2021
I keep trying but I guess we'll have to wait and see.

Old 16 Jan 2022, 22:38 (Ref:4094057)   #24
Skam85
Veteran

Skam85 has a real shot at the championship!Skam85 has a real shot at the championship!Skam85 has a real shot at the championship!Skam85 has a real shot at the championship!Skam85 has a real shot at the championship!Skam85 has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Lewis will race - they will serve him Massi's head on a plate.
(rightly or wrongly)

Maths not your strong point?

1.36 posts per day
Old 18 Jan 2022, 07:40 (Ref:4094212)   #25
bathurst77
Veteran

Australia
NSW
bathurst77 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridbathurst77 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skam85 View Post
Maths not your strong point?

1.36 posts per day
Just shut your damned mathguru mr calculator mouth. Who are you? The Sesame street count?
Thats "fake maths:. 3 a day is "my truth". These days everyone is allowed their own truth and its true to me.

You just have to squint sorta, and kinda guess and well... ok i was werung wrang wrone.. no I just cant say that word. But I was as correct as LH thinking Max wont try to pass me on this corner, in the last race.

A friend once asked me who my favourite vampire was.
I told him the one on Sesame street, he said "he doesnt count"
"ohhh yes He does" I said "yes, he does indeed"

Ok back to topic...
with First testing due Barcelona, Spain -- Feb. 23-25
I think we are going to see the various new cars start to roll out in 2 weeks or so.. Thats what Im excited about
Old 18 Jan 2022, 07:58 (Ref:4094215)   #26
crmalcolm
Veteran

Nepal
Exactly where I need to be.
crmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
I think we are going to see the various new cars start to roll out in 2 weeks or so.. Thats what Im excited about
Aston Martin – February 10
McLaren – February 11
Ferrari – February 17
Alfa Romeo – To Be Announced
AlphaTauri – TBA
Alpine – TBA
Haas – TBA
Mercedes –TBA
Red Bull – TBA
Williams – TBA
Old 18 Jan 2022, 11:59 (Ref:4094255)   #27
sizzle
Veteran

Australia
Darwin
sizzle should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridsizzle should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Just shut your damned mathguru mr calculator mouth. Who are you? The Sesame street count?
Thats "fake maths:. 3 a day is "my truth". These days everyone is allowed their own truth and its true to me.

You just have to squint sorta, and kinda guess and well... ok i was werung wrang wrone.. no I just cant say that word. But I was as correct as LH thinking Max wont try to pass me on this corner, in the last race.

A friend once asked me who my favourite vampire was.
I told him the one on Sesame street, he said "he doesnt count"
"ohhh yes He does" I said "yes, he does indeed"

Ok back to topic...
with First testing due Barcelona, Spain -- Feb. 23-25

A block aficionado
Old 18 Jan 2022, 15:43 (Ref:4094290)   #28
chillibowl
Veteran

Canada
winnipeg, canada
chillibowl will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famechillibowl will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famechillibowl will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famechillibowl will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famechillibowl will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famechillibowl will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famechillibowl will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famechillibowl will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famechillibowl will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famechillibowl will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famechillibowl will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
What does his post count matter? He’s a long time, valuable, and insightful contributor to this community and that alone deserves respect. Not pointing at anyone specifically, just want to say that if we push out the long time members then what we will be left with is a bunch of strangers ranting over what other strangers have to say.

I suspect none of us want that otherwise we be on twitter instead of here right?

Anyways, much respect and look forward to discussing the upcoming season with you all!
Old 18 Jan 2022, 16:49 (Ref:4094299)   #29
Bump Pass
Rookie

Philippine
Starcross
Bump Pass is a back marker
Return of Canada & Japan
Old 18 Jan 2022, 16:54 (Ref:4094300)   #30
E.B
Veteran

United Kingdom
About 7kms East of Albert Park Melbourne
E.B is going for a new world record!E.B is going for a new world record!E.B is going for a new world record!E.B is going for a new world record!E.B is going for a new world record!E.B is going for a new world record!E.B is going for a new world record!
An Australian GP.

Maybe.