Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Australasian Touring Cars.

Old 24 Sep 2020, 10:16 (Ref:4006016)   #226
Mixer
Veteran

Mixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2 litre Touring Car Star View Post
Btw, I'll say again. Nobody cares about Bright handing back a car. And the Kelly's as well.
You can say it all you like. It's fine for a promoter to put on an exhibition to showcase what a series is capable of, but we clearly had that happen last year, while the category management stage-managed falsehoods about who was paying the bills.

All this hoo-haa about "commitment to the series" from known players, and all of it hokum.

I don't think anybody would have looked twice at it if ARG didn't deliberately seek to literally lie directly to fans. I guess they believed that with the kick-start, that those teams would just keep on going.

But unfortunately the Subarus will never be any good, Holden died leaving no chance of any "local" support for those Astras, and the lack of any racing probably put the kybosh on any chance of the business model continuing to work for Brighty.
Old 25 Sep 2020, 00:29 (Ref:4006098)   #227
one five five
Veteran

one five five should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridone five five should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by GTRMagic View Post
I didn't notice any announcements around a multi hundred million dollar teev and patty broadcast deal around TCR. Did I miss something?
TCR already announced its deal with the 7 network nearly a year ago, live and free to every Australian who wants to watch the racing live, and none of it hidden to all but the 20-odd percent of Australians who bother with pay-tv these days....
Old 25 Sep 2020, 07:34 (Ref:4006120)   #228
Juarez Jed
Veteran

Juarez Jed should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridJuarez Jed should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
GTR will only be happy if all other categories fail and we are left with the closed shop business model of Supercars that survives on handouts from govt and television networks to prop up the incumbent entrants and employees.
Nothing wrong with that but some of us would like a little variety other than Supercars with Super2 and Super3 as what constitutes variety.
I fear TCR may have peaked though with the move to electric vehicles that holds no interest for me.
Old 25 Sep 2020, 09:27 (Ref:4006141)   #229
2 litre Touring Car Star
Veteran

Australia
2 litre Touring Car Star User had had their licence endorsed2 litre Touring Car Star User had had their licence endorsed
This thread has taken a turn I didn't expect, and it seems there's some history I'm unaware of?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Juarez Jed View Post
GTR will only be happy if all other categories fail and we are left with the closed shop business model of Supercars that survives on handouts from govt and television networks to prop up the incumbent entrants and employees.
If Juarez's opinion is correct, then it affirms my claim that supercars fans aren't interested in genuine car racing.
Old 25 Sep 2020, 10:39 (Ref:4006151)   #230
Mixer
Veteran

Mixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Don't worry even a broken clock is right twice a day.
Old 25 Sep 2020, 10:59 (Ref:4006152)   #231
Umai Naa
Veteran

Umai Naa should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridUmai Naa should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
With pretty much every car lodging in Victoria, I can't see the series getting off the ground this year. Too late to get things happening, even if border restrictions are lifted.
Old 25 Sep 2020, 11:49 (Ref:4006192)   #232
Backagain
Racer

Backagain has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Quote:
This thread has taken a turn I didn't expect, and it seems there's some history I'm unaware of?

If Juarez's opinion is correct, then it affirms my claim that supercars fans aren't interested in genuine car racing.
That's a huge generalisation, extrapolating one opinion to cover all supercars fans. What do you define as "genuine" car racing ? A field of closely matched cars and drivers where the difference in lap times is measured in thousands of a second fighting for position in a race seems fairly genuine to me. Multiple cars sitting idle in sheds or being handed back to the "actual" owners/entrepeneurs because they cannot manage to produce a single race meeting does not resemble genuine car "racing".
Old 25 Sep 2020, 12:54 (Ref:4006210)   #233
one five five
Veteran

one five five should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridone five five should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Backagain View Post
That's a huge generalisation, extrapolating one opinion to cover all supercars fans. What do you define as "genuine" car racing ? A field of closely matched cars and drivers where the difference in lap times is measured in thousands of a second fighting for position in a race seems fairly genuine to me. Multiple cars sitting idle in sheds or being handed back to the "actual" owners/entrepeneurs because they cannot manage to produce a single race meeting does not resemble genuine car "racing".
Nothing genuine about categories which are designed to be closely matched in times with so many controlled components and stifled development and nobbling the quicker cars in the name of ‘parity’, it would be a major failure if the times weren’t that close, it is manufactured to be so.

Fabricated racing certainly, close racing definitely, genuine racing absolutely not.

TCR falls into the same barrel top of course
Old 26 Sep 2020, 02:02 (Ref:4006300)   #234
2 litre Touring Car Star
Veteran

Australia
2 litre Touring Car Star User had had their licence endorsed2 litre Touring Car Star User had had their licence endorsed
Quote:
That's a huge generalisation,
A generalisation, but not a huge one.

Quote:
extrapolating one opinion to cover all supercars fans.
No no, there's plenty. I cant quote every relevant post on this board otherwise I'd get into trouble from Adam.

If you didn't like my comment, you might also want to have a chat with Peter Adderton (Ripping off Sandgroper link in the Gen 3 thread).

https://www.motorsport.com/v8superca...arity/4876544/

In reference to Supercar fans -

Quote:
The shape or make of the cars, however, is not something Adderton is overly interested in, his theory that the racing product is more important.

"Consumers have become less passionate about the brand of their car," he said.

"I think people love the concept of racing.

Quote:
What do you define as "genuine" car racing ?
First and foremost, there has to be some authenticity in the cars. Not only does supercars not have that, they're not interest in it. I refer to Sean Seamer's interview on SEN1116 during the week (I may link the interview later)

If then gets a bit blurry and that needs greater clarification. But it's too fatiguing to write and read atm.

Quote:
A field of closely matched cars and drivers where the difference in lap times is measured in thousands of a second fighting for position in a race seems fairly genuine to me.
Refer to one five five's post quoting you.

Quote:
Multiple cars sitting idle in sheds or being handed back to the "actual" owners/entrepeneurs because they cannot manage to produce a single race meeting does not resemble genuine car "racing".
It's got nothing to do with the authenticity of the cars or racing. That's more to do with how "business people" run their "business".
Old 26 Sep 2020, 04:00 (Ref:4006313)   #235
Casper
Veteran

Casper should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridCasper should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
A generalisation, but not a huge one.

No no, there's plenty. I cant quote every relevant post on this board otherwise I'd get into trouble from Adam.

If you didn't like my comment, you might also want to have a chat with Peter Adderton (Ripping off Sandgroper link in the Gen 3 thread).

https://www.motorsport.com/v8superca...arity/4876544/

In reference to Supercar fans -

First and foremost, there has to be some authenticity in the cars. Not only does supercars not have that, they're not interest in it. I refer to Sean Seamer's interview on SEN1116 during the week (I may link the interview later)

If then gets a bit blurry and that needs greater clarification. But it's too fatiguing to write and read atm.

Refer to one five five's post quoting you.

It's got nothing to do with the authenticity of the cars or racing. That's more to do with how "business people" run their "business".
Your post(s) reminds me of someone....GTR and his posts on Supercars. Both are as one eyed and fanatical as each other. Its a pity Peckstar wasn't here, we would have the trifecta all in one place.
Old 26 Sep 2020, 07:55 (Ref:4006324)   #236
Umai Naa
Veteran

Umai Naa should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridUmai Naa should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
One in the same bloke, it seems.
Old 27 Sep 2020, 00:59 (Ref:4006593)   #237
Casper
Veteran

Casper should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridCasper should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Umai Naa View Post
One in the same bloke, it seems.
Enlighten us please with your thoughts on the matter.
Old 27 Sep 2020, 07:31 (Ref:4006641)   #238
Umai Naa
Veteran

Two characters have 'star' in their username for a start.

Then there's the combative posting...
Old 27 Sep 2020, 10:39 (Ref:4006690)   #239
mayhem
Veteran

Aruba
On that Island in LOST.
mayhem should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridmayhem should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I dont think 2 litre Touring Car Star is Peckstar, only because I dont read this blokes posts in the same nasally drone that I used to read Peckstars in.
Old 27 Sep 2020, 20:53 (Ref:4006991)   #240
Woolley
Race Official
Veteran

England
Wolverhampton, England
Woolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Anyway. Back to the topic...
Old 29 Sep 2020, 06:53 (Ref:4007313)   #241
Casper
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Woolley View Post
Anyway. Back to the topic...
Other threads have gone way more off topic than the few speculative post in this one so why the angst with no explanation?
Old 5 Oct 2020, 06:40 (Ref:4008636)   #242
Juarez Jed
Veteran

Juarez Jed should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridJuarez Jed should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Might as well abandon this thread and start a new one for 2021 and cross fingers.

I was really looking forward to seeing the internationals at Albert Park & Bathurst, not to mention the locals racing at Baskerville.

Its been a **** year all round.
Old 7 Oct 2020, 04:13 (Ref:4008934)   #243
Mixer
Veteran

And now the Bathurst International has been canned, so no 6 hour, TA2, S5000 or TCR to see.

Mind you the 6 hour people were all complaining and heaps had already pulled out, so for them maybe it is for the best.

It does seem we're not going to see the TCR cars turn a lap this year.

6 hour back to it's April date, all being well. Would it make sense to have TCR as an invitational class at the 6hr?
Old 27 Nov 2020, 04:01 (Ref:4018986)   #244
Umai Naa
Veteran

Mr Hansen and Mr Morcom are on the Mount, circulating in the 2:18s bracket.
Old 27 Nov 2020, 05:33 (Ref:4018994)   #245
Mixer
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Umai Naa View Post
Mr Hansen and Mr Morcom are on the Mount, circulating in the 2:18s bracket.
Hmm, wonder what dispensation they got to be able to run the cars.

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk
Old 5 Jan 2021, 11:06 (Ref:4026918)   #246
Mixer
Veteran

After watching some Australian Supertouring over the break, I realise what I am missing when I watch TCR, or Supercars for that matter.

I really loved the different engine sounds. Especially because we had highly strung NA engines of different configurations (and differing levels of adherence to regulations...)

TCR cars all sound the same because the rules are so strict, and turbos suck out all the good sounds.

So we have cars that look cool but they may as well be made by Dyson.