Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Australasian Touring Cars.

Old 16 Jan 2021, 23:07 (Ref:4029533)   #426
Jack65
Racer

Jack65 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Now Todd Kelly is saying '"I think Dave made the right call back then when he left" in reference to when he walked out mid-contract at the end of 2011. Just be honest Todd, the attraction of Reynolds was the dollars he brought with him.

https://autoaction.com.au/2021/01/17...turn-to-kellys
Old 17 Jan 2021, 06:54 (Ref:4029566)   #427
banksie
Racer

Australia
Victoria
banksie should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
The KGR release confirmed NED as sponsor for Heimgartner's car 7 will be revealed soon. The release also referenced Rick continuing as an owner.
Old 18 Jan 2021, 04:17 (Ref:4029785)   #428
V8 Fireworks
Veteran

V8 Fireworks should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridV8 Fireworks should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridV8 Fireworks should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack65 View Post
Now Todd Kelly is saying '"I think Dave made the right call back then when he left" in reference to when he walked out mid-contract at the end of 2011. Just be honest Todd, the attraction of Reynolds was the dollars he brought with him.
Or more importantly, McVean who knows how to engineer a fast race car.

The Kelly (Grove) cars have had potential, but have rarely had the setups dialled in quite right.
Old 18 Jan 2021, 06:28 (Ref:4029792)   #429
krzysiek_aleks
Rookie

krzysiek_aleks should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Jacobson in last seat (Team Sydney)
Old 18 Jan 2021, 08:34 (Ref:4029806)   #430
mayhem
Veteran

Aruba
On that Island in LOST.
mayhem should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridmayhem should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
So does Coke hang around, or does Jacobsen bring his own cheque carriers?

Will Betty have a crack at getting that Coca Cola deal shes always wanted?
Old 18 Jan 2021, 09:01 (Ref:4029808)   #431
Umai Naa
Veteran

Umai Naa should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridUmai Naa should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Coke was a Pither deal.

Having said that, if Tekno/Team Sydney were savvy, they could have picked them up.
Old 18 Jan 2021, 15:53 (Ref:4029859)   #432
chunterer
Race Official
Veteran

chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by krzysiek_aleks View Post
Jacobson in last seat (Team Sydney)
Good, glad he's going to be running. A driver improving bit by bit imo.
Old 27 Jan 2021, 21:58 (Ref:4031571)   #433
Just Do It!
Veteran

Just Do It! should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridJust Do It! should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridJust Do It! should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
With SuperCheap having signed as a sponsor at 888, the Repco Bathurst 1000 podium could get a little bit awkward.
Old 27 Jan 2021, 22:29 (Ref:4031572)   #434
Jack65
Racer

Noticed the Erebus cars testing at Winton yesterday had the car number back on the passenger side of the windscreen with the driver's name on the driver side. IIRC, the number was shifted last year to allow for LHD panels to be fitted that was delayed and ultimately didn't happen. Does this indicate the LHD plan has now been binned?
Old 27 Jan 2021, 22:33 (Ref:4031574)   #435
JAFA851
Veteran

New Zealand
JAFA851 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Just Do It! View Post
With SuperCheap having signed as a sponsor at 888, the Repco Bathurst 1000 podium could get a little bit awkward.
I hope 888 with Supercheap Auto win Bathurst for as long as Repco are the naming sponsor, just to stick it to Supercars and Mr Seamer.
Old 27 Jan 2021, 22:52 (Ref:4031576)   #436
Mixer
Veteran

Mixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by JAFA851 View Post
I hope 888 with Supercheap Auto win Bathurst for as long as Repco are the naming sponsor, just to stick it to Supercars and Mr Seamer.
I don't get the hate. These are commercial arrangements and I am positive Supercheap had first right of refusal, which means they chose not to outbid Repco.

Supercheap are not dumb. They have been sponsors for so long, they have nothing left to achieve, and they are getting more exposure and mentions now, playing the woe is me card.

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk
Old 28 Jan 2021, 03:14 (Ref:4031598)   #437
ford71
Veteran

Australia
Adelaide
ford71 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridford71 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack65 View Post
Noticed the Erebus cars testing at Winton yesterday had the car number back on the passenger side of the windscreen with the driver's name on the driver side. IIRC, the number was shifted last year to allow for LHD panels to be fitted that was delayed and ultimately didn't happen. Does this indicate the LHD plan has now been binned?
Just test days so nothing to indicate that's the new norm for season proper.

However, the number should have been left where it was on the LHS of windscreen and to move it for the introduction of an electronic panel while bleating on about cost reduction / containment is just the type of thing that makes fans question all SC statements and changes. Was a complete contradiction to these eyes, and totally unnecessary.
Old 28 Jan 2021, 06:04 (Ref:4031611)   #438
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
888 have quite a few new sponsors in 2021... including SuperCheap, their tool brand ToolPro (replacing Gearwrench), Daimler Trucks (replacing IVECO), Harvey Norman (an SdS brand).... plus the Red Bull, Ampol, National Storage, AC Delco... already in the house.
“Everybody Lies” - Dr Gregory House
Old 28 Jan 2021, 07:24 (Ref:4031619)   #439
Sandgroper
Veteran

Australia
Perth WA (south of the river)
Sandgroper should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by GTRMagic View Post
888 have quite a few new sponsors in 2021... including SuperCheap, their tool brand ToolPro (replacing Gearwrench), Daimler Trucks (replacing IVECO), Harvey Norman (an SdS brand).... plus the Red Bull, Ampol, National Storage, AC Delco... already in the house.
Some BIG Names added.
I guess the size of the sticker will determine what level sponsorship
Old 28 Jan 2021, 20:17 (Ref:4031740)   #440
kittle
Veteran

kittle should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:

Just like Repco did with DJRTP 2 years ago?

Not sure why there is so much hate around Repco becoming the major sponsor.
Old 28 Jan 2021, 20:27 (Ref:4031744)   #441
kittle
Veteran

kittle should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
"I guess the size of the sticker will determine what level sponsorship"

And they're big stickers on it.
Old 29 Jan 2021, 00:01 (Ref:4031767)   #442
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by kittle View Post
Just like Repco did with DJRTP 2 years ago?

Not sure why there is so much hate around Repco becoming the major sponsor.
A continuation of the xenophobia from SuperCheap about an 'Australian' company (*ASX listed as Super Retail Group, so perhaps not even 100% Australian) being gazumped in a sporting sponsorship by an American company... with a famous Australian name attached...

Please explain
Old 29 Jan 2021, 00:54 (Ref:4031772)   #443
rich07
Veteran

Australia
Victoria
rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:

And this is the childish behaviour I’ve come to expect from Supercars fans who don’t understand the commercial realities of the sport. I’m more surprised when I meet someone who follows the sport who actually understands these realities because it’s few and far between.
Old 29 Jan 2021, 01:00 (Ref:4031774)   #444
Mixer
Veteran

Mixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by rich07 View Post
And this is the childish behaviour I’ve come to expect from Supercars fans who don’t understand the commercial realities of the sport. I’m more surprised when I meet someone who follows the sport who actually understands these realities because it’s few and far between.
Supercars is a business with shareholders.

If they allowed Supercheap to renew at a lower price than offered by Repco, they would have broken the law, and would be sued.

It's dead simple.

Old 29 Jan 2021, 01:50 (Ref:4031783)   #445
chavez
Veteran

Australia
The Basin, Victoria
chavez should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridchavez should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridchavez should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mixer View Post
Supercars is a business with shareholders.

If they allowed Supercheap to renew at a lower price than offered by Repco, they would have broken the law, and would be sued.

It's dead simple.

What law?
Old 29 Jan 2021, 01:58 (Ref:4031786)   #446
Mixer
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by chavez View Post
What law?
I would suggest breach of fudiciary duty, with section 232 of the Corporations Act covering things like "actions contrary to the interests of shareholders" being explicitly actionable.

Under Section 233 of the Act provides wide ranging powers for actions such as these.

Old 29 Jan 2021, 08:24 (Ref:4031800)   #447
chavez
Veteran

Australia
The Basin, Victoria
chavez should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridchavez should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridchavez should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mixer View Post
I would suggest breach of fudiciary duty, with section 232 of the Corporations Act covering things like "actions contrary to the interests of shareholders" being explicitly actionable.

Under Section 233 of the Act provides wide ranging powers for actions such as these.

Are you suggesting a company must:-

(a) accept the lowest quote when purchasing products or services

and

(b) accept the highest price when selling produces or services.

To not do so would be contrary to Section 232?
Old 29 Jan 2021, 08:36 (Ref:4031801)   #448
Mixer
Veteran

It would place a board at risk of being sued for such, absolutely.

The market for media rights is a bit button topic and you can bet if they turned down a higher offer they would be challenged at their AGM, board possibly spilled and legal action threatened.

These laws have meant that companies are effectively legally bound to be sociopathic.

Old 29 Jan 2021, 21:13 (Ref:4031935)   #449
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
Mr Mazepin took the administrators of Force India to court over just such a thing, his belief that he had offered more for the team than the selected winner, the Stroll consortium... it’s been tested before...
Old 30 Jan 2021, 02:17 (Ref:4031958)   #450
Jack65
Racer

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTRMagic View Post
Mr Mazepin took the administrators of Force India to court over just such a thing, his belief that he had offered more for the team than the selected winner, the Stroll consortium... it’s been tested before...
Tested in an Australian court? If not, then irrelevant.