Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Australasian Touring Cars.

Old 9 May 2005, 02:36 (Ref:1296194)   #1
scalpa
Rookie

scalpa should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
craig gore upset again maybe?

well i seen it but i still dont beleive it. the whole rounds been run and won and i didnt see the wps boys spin,crash,get bogged or do anything else but race for once. geeeeeesssssuuuuuuuuzzzzzzz i wonder if craig gores upset about no free advertising time with the safety car only being deployed by other teams this time. now seriously the panel beaters in the team wont know what to do with themselves these next couple of weeks will they eh
congratulations team
Old 9 May 2005, 04:23 (Ref:1296232)   #2
flyingduck
Veteran

flyingduck should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I hav to say for a team so well funded I don't understand they use some of the worst chassis in V8's these come from the old FPR team and just are plain bad has anyone heard of plans to up grade
Old 9 May 2005, 09:25 (Ref:1296388)   #3
James63
Veteran

Australia
Q
James63 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by flyingduck
these come from the old FPR team
They are the Ritter and Forbes BA's from 00 motorsport, constructed in 2003.
Old 9 May 2005, 11:15 (Ref:1296472)   #4
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Bairdo made mention in the coverage that the team has a new chassis coming soon...

... the real interest will be in who gets this new car from Beehag... who is the #1 driver in the squad... we shall see...
“Everybody Lies” - Dr Gregory House, House
“Trust But Verify” - Commissioner Frank Reagan, Blue Bloods
Old 9 May 2005, 11:20 (Ref:1296481)   #5
retro
Veteran

Australia
....Qld....
retro should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridretro should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by GTRMagic
Bairdo made mention in the coverage that the team has a new chassis coming soon...

... the real interest will be in who gets this new car from Beehag... who is the #1 driver in the squad... we shall see...
....and Bairdo said they were *happy* where they are with the 00 cars.

»-(¯`v´¯)-»........................The retro report........................©®»-(¯`v´¯)-» ê¿~

Disclaimer; the above is pure speculation and only posted for entertainment purposes!!!
Old 9 May 2005, 11:48 (Ref:1296538)   #6
scalpa
Rookie

scalpa should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
this opens the question are the beehag shells any good? the teams that build there own such as SBR,888,and FPR i think all build their own shells these are also the better performing ford teams as i say im not sure about FPR. if my memory is correct the same teams had a problem with blue print with the height reference mounting for the rear wing being that all the beehag shells were one height and the other rear wings were higher was this because ford got the paperwork wrong with regard to measurements or did beehag read the paperwork wrong this was pointed out after round 2 or 3 back in 2003 if i remember rightly.
Old 9 May 2005, 12:55 (Ref:1296597)   #7
Ozfords
Racer

Australia
Blue Mountains
Ozfords should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Well Beehag did get it wrong, it took DJR to point it out and they got them to put together the current DJR Spec shells, debuted at Sandown 500 2004, with a 3rd if I remember correctly.
Old 10 May 2005, 04:08 (Ref:1297193)   #8
Uncle Cranker
Veteran

Australia
Victoria; Australia
Uncle Cranker should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
The Beehag shell issue goes bach to Oh-Oh Motorsport & Craig & Cromley.
The cars(shells) that Oh-Oh bought from Beehag required 100's of manhours of re-fabrication works prior to assembly in the shop at Dandenong.

Having said that, the Oh-Oh cars (all of them) were never consistant performers, although Oscar "I promise to make it faster Craig" Fiorinotto was engineering them at the time......
Old 10 May 2005, 12:00 (Ref:1297458)   #9
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ozfords
Well Beehag did get it wrong, it took DJR to point it out and they got them to put together the current DJR Spec shells, debuted at Sandown 500 2004, with a 3rd if I remember correctly.
The story goes something along the lines of the 00 team building up their first BA shell, from a Beehag kit... and having problems getting the homologated wing locations, boot lid heights, chassis profiles etc etc to match the Ford documents approved for V8Supercar.

The Ford old boys network was used to ascertain whether the Ford drawings were wrong... a call to one of the squads building their own chassis instead of using the Beehag product confirmed the jigs used to build the shells were not correct in their measurements, and that the cars were out of spec when delivered from that enterprise....

Noise around the traps suggests that 888 is angling for the Beehag contract to manufacture race shells for other teams in the series, all with Ford's blessing.....
Old 11 May 2005, 05:43 (Ref:1298016)   #10
flyingduck
Veteran

flyingduck should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
So are both the current DJR cars the new and improved beehag and if the are who else is still using the old beehags
Old 11 May 2005, 05:49 (Ref:1298019)   #11
Conrod Kieron
Veteran

Conrod Kieron should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I vaguely recall SBR comparing the chassis stifness of the Behag sheel to there then current SBR built AU shell and finding there AU stiffer, hence building there own BA shell?
Old 11 May 2005, 11:43 (Ref:1298213)   #12
Rombles1
Veteran

Australia
Facebook
Rombles1 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Pardon my ignorance; I mean, I've heard the name; but, who the hell are Beehag?
Old 11 May 2005, 13:15 (Ref:1298297)   #13
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
Peter Beehag... has the contract to construct Falcon BA racing body shells for Ford Racing Australia.... for now anyway

I thought the Beehag shell, in some form or another, was in use everywhere except 888 & SBR....
Old 11 May 2005, 13:54 (Ref:1298336)   #14
Docker
Rookie

Docker should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
The only non beehag's in the main game are,

#1 #9 #5 #88 and #888

Jason Bright is running a Beehag, Ritter is running a FPR built shell

When I asked Brighty about it he said that he wanted a "proven performer" He felt the Beehag was a better option. It has been 'heavily' modified by FPR. It seems so much so that 'last years' data is pretty much useless.
Old 11 May 2005, 13:57 (Ref:1298339)   #15
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
How would FPR know if the Ford Credit sponsored car was any good when it seems to spend most of its time in sandtraps or blown up beside the track?

Mr Owen in one single start this year has more accumulated points than the driver of this factory car who has participated in all 3 rounds.

Having said that, binning the only bloke who really understood the thinking behind the new chassis for issues other than chassis build quality was arguably a very un-positive thing to do....
Old 12 May 2005, 14:53 (Ref:1299224)   #16
Docker
Rookie

Docker should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
GTR that is a bit harsh on the new driver of #5, You are justified however. Greg needs to lift his game. He has been critical of others in the past and it is about time the top brass at FPR start becoming critical of him.

Steve Richards won't be binning #5 next year
Old 12 May 2005, 19:28 (Ref:1299406)   #17
Just Do It!
Veteran

Just Do It! should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridJust Do It! should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridJust Do It! should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
How would FPR know if the Ford Credit sponsored car was any good when it seems to spend most of its time in sandtraps or blown up beside the track?

Mr Owen in one single start this year has more accumulated points than the driver of this factory car who has participated in all 3 rounds.

Having said that, binning the only bloke who really understood the thinking behind the new chassis for issues other than chassis build quality was arguably a very un-positive thing to do....

Steve Owen is HUGELY under-rated and is a talent that I believe to be capable of winning this championship if he was placed in the right environment. He has the ability that many don't, whereby he could actually develop a car and build it into championship contention. I hope it happens.
Old 14 May 2005, 12:43 (Ref:1300673)   #18
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
And has been mentioned in certain circles as a potential SuperSub in the #5 car...
Old 17 Jul 2005, 06:55 (Ref:1357095)   #19
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
So.. what did we make of Mr Gore's RPM trumpeting? I always find it interesting that the network chases down this team to get on the teev... yes he is controversial, but the team lives at the 'Winton' end of pit lane...

By the by...

If you read anything into what Mr Gore said in the broadcast, Mr Besnard is under some serious pressure to perform... and may figure in the driver swaps at season's end if something doesnt change to the WPS mob's satisfaction....

Again.. an interview with venom against Ford, against the TEGA/AVESCO machine... more of winning friends and influencing people (where is a Dale Carnegie course when you needs it )

Interesting to hear WPS are using this as a branding exercise, but that the 2nd WPS car (make of that what you will) shall run in a different livery to season's end. The two things dont compute...

... but I am but a humble beancounter... a mere babe in the art of saying one thing and doing another....
Old 17 Jul 2005, 06:59 (Ref:1357096)   #20
Razor
10-10ths official Trekkie
Veteran

Australia
Behind the wheel
Razor should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridRazor should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridRazor should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Mentioned on RPM today was that WPS is making a new livery and has done a deal with a new minor sponsor.
Old 17 Jul 2005, 07:03 (Ref:1357097)   #21
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
The sponsor is part of the AGG....
Old 17 Jul 2005, 09:45 (Ref:1357142)   #22
peckstar
Veteran

Cayman Islands
peckstar has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Quote:
So.. what did we make of Mr Gore's RPM trumpeting? I always find it interesting that the network chases down this team to get on the teev... yes he is controversial, but the team lives at the 'Winton' end of pit lane...

oh look its gTR and his anti WPS rant again.

Sorry to rain on your "humble beancounter" (i bet any money your chartered) waffle

But WPS are a level one team and they live further up the pit lane than HRT. 888 and FPR and most of the other key teams. Pit no 4 to be precise.

Maybe you should do some investing with WPS and then when you turn your thousand dollars into milllions, come and complain then
Old 17 Jul 2005, 10:27 (Ref:1357160)   #23
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
So when will we see a piece on Team Kiwi? or PMM? or Super Cheap? or perhaps an HPDC squad? or any of the other team in either V8supercar pitlane??

Lets make it simple: Money does not buy you class.....
Old 17 Jul 2005, 10:40 (Ref:1357163)   #24
resisturban
Racer

resisturban should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Sure it does,

It bought him two classes: Carrera Cup and Aussie Cars.
Old 17 Jul 2005, 11:30 (Ref:1357176)   #25
Razor
10-10ths official Trekkie
Veteran

Australia
Behind the wheel
Razor should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridRazor should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridRazor should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by resisturban
Sure it does,

It bought him two classes: Carrera Cup and Aussie Cars.
What a classic call.