Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing

Old 24 Apr 2007, 18:13 (Ref:1899505)   #26
HORNDAWG
Veteran

United States
Oregon
HORNDAWG should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHORNDAWG should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHORNDAWG should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Well if we are going to think about re-badging (bespoken), then what about the Judd/Ricardo GV5.5 S2 diesel. Henri with an oil burner??

L.P.
Old 24 Apr 2007, 18:38 (Ref:1899525)   #27
JAG
Veteran

England
JAG should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridJAG should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridJAG should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by isynge
I think the issue here isn't so much whether Pescarolo have been the only challenge to Audi over the last few years, but rather Mirage M6's worry that we'll lose a small team that can humble manufacturers.
There will always be independent teams, with independent chassis/engines.

Pescarolo however are progressing beyond that stage and, like Lola, looking to link up with a manufactuer.

If Pescarolo's car's are improved through manufactuer involvment, and continue to be available to customers, all the better.
Old 25 Apr 2007, 05:15 (Ref:1899814)   #28
Mirage M6
Racer

Mirage M6 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by JAG
There will always be independent teams, with independent chassis/engines.

Pescarolo however are progressing beyond that stage and, like Lola, looking to link up with a manufactuer.

If Pescarolo's car's are improved through manufactuer involvment, and continue to be available to customers, all the better.

I don´t agree with you when you say Pescarolo –or another independent team– is progressing beyond a stage (be an independent team).
I think be an independent team that build their own car it isn´t a stage: can be the final stage; might not be very usual in this type of car racing, but many things have change those years in endurance racing: a lot of small teams and medium manufacturers are progressing a lot since 2000-2001, a great novelty: everyone can remember 50s, 60s, 70s, 80s, 90s…we can´t find many smalls teams with their own car that won races: Rondeau, and no more (a great victory in Le Mans 1980, but that year was one of the worst years of endurance racing).

In 2005 Pescarolo had the fastest cars in La Sarthe.
In 2006 Pescarolo finished second and fifth vs. a car with a engine that rules had been the favourite to win

I´m very impressed by this team, they built a car (not the chassis and the engine, ok), and fought versus Audi, the manufacturer that expel of endurance racing the others big manufacturers, in Le Mans 24 hours. It´s incredible because except Rondeau in 1980, no one ever did.

Things are changing, but maybe big manufacturers will dominate in the future, like always. I would like to see good races, but with small and competitive small manufacturer too…maybe it´s a dream.

Everyone can understand that it´s very difficult.

PS-My english isn´t good, I've problems for explain my ideas. Sorry if everything sounds a bit hard, I don´t know how can I explain that better

Ferdinand Porsche
Old 25 Apr 2007, 06:01 (Ref:1899829)   #29
Kai
Racer

United States
San Francisco
Kai has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Acura already said that they'll run LMP2 for at least 2 more years before looking into an LMP1 development program.
Old 25 Apr 2007, 08:09 (Ref:1899895)   #30
SebringMG
Veteran

United Kingdom
SebringMG should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I think it is fair to say it is VERY unlikely to be a major european or north american manufacturer. Most of them have in house teams or teams they are allready friendly with - and with the added factor that most of them if they were looking for a chassis partner are not particulary likely to go to Henri - most of them would go to Lola first as they have better facilites to be able to develop a car (wind tunnels etc).

I think it is most likely to be a pacific rim manufacturer - i would suggest you look no further than Hyundai or Kia. Renault may be an outside bet but with the F1 programme falling apart all their money will be funneled into that.
Old 26 Apr 2007, 21:02 (Ref:1901233)   #31
class4v
Racer

class4v should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Guys, don't forget that Pescarolo was working with a manufacturer before, Peugeot in the early 2000's. He used the V6 Twin Turbo engine in the Courage C60 chassis and ran the 406 silhouette programme in the French Championship for 2 or 3 years. Don't dream, Porsche will never, and I repeat never be associated with Pescarolo will be the same as Peugeot that decided to do the diesel program all by themselves in order not to have to share image and results with somebody else.
Old 26 Apr 2007, 21:43 (Ref:1901262)   #32
The359
Veteran

United States
Pennsylvania, USA
The359 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Why would Porsche never be associated with Pescarolo? Henri Pescarolo drove for Porsche for many years...

And I seem to recall Porsche sharing the image with Joest for many years.
Old 27 Apr 2007, 15:45 (Ref:1901718)   #33
jhansen
Veteran

United States
California
jhansen should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridjhansen should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridjhansen should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Porsche will do their own car full stop. The platform is already there. They wont need Pescarolo's cars at all. Would they use him to run their team? I don't know, but I tend to think not. Who ran the GT1 teams for Porsche?

My bet is Renault/Nissan or someone that wants to badge an existing engine. Perhaps a pacific rim manufacturer as mentioned. We shall see.
Old 27 Apr 2007, 16:10 (Ref:1901725)   #34
The359
Veteran

United States
Pennsylvania, USA
Quote:
Originally Posted by jhansen
Porsche will do their own car full stop. The platform is already there. They wont need Pescarolo's cars at all. Would they use him to run their team? I don't know, but I tend to think not. Who ran the GT1 teams for Porsche?

My bet is Renault/Nissan or someone that wants to badge an existing engine. Perhaps a pacific rim manufacturer as mentioned. We shall see.
Nissan already tried that with Rollcentre, that project died off quietly.
Old 27 Apr 2007, 16:20 (Ref:1901733)   #35
jhansen
Veteran

United States
California
jhansen should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridjhansen should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridjhansen should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by The359
Nissan already tried that with Rollcentre, that project died off quietly.
Why, because they invested heavily and failed, or because they made a fleeting toe in the water attempt? I'd hardly call that much of a project. But I could be wrong.
Old 27 Apr 2007, 16:39 (Ref:1901750)   #36
The359
Veteran

United States
Pennsylvania, USA
I thought that the decision had been made that it was a failure and they were going to move on to something else? If I recall correctly they merely wanted to use existing engines (based on their SuperGT units) to save costs.
Old 27 Apr 2007, 16:43 (Ref:1901757)   #37
jhansen
Veteran

United States
California
Quote:
Originally Posted by The359
I thought that the decision had been made that it was a failure and they were going to move on to something else? If I recall correctly they merely wanted to use existing engines (based on their SuperGT units) to save costs.
I seem to recall Martin Short commenting (perhaps even on this site) that the level of involvement was disappointing. But again, I could be wrong.
Old 27 Apr 2007, 18:00 (Ref:1901792)   #38
FIRE
Race Official
Veteran

Netherlands
FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!
Today at www.autosport.com:
Quote:
Henri Pescarolo believes that it would still make sense for his team to join forces with Peugeot for their Le Mans project.

The French team boss had expected to work with the manufacturer this year and, despite being overlooked for the project, he has said that he would still work with them if the opportunity arose.

"If there is a chance of working with Peugeot (in 2008) then why not do it?" Pescarolo was quoted as saying by Italian magazine Autosprint.

Pescarolo added that six Peugeot engineers had worked with his team at Le Mans last year and, after the race, he was told that they would be working together in 2007.

"I was ready to shut down my team, give up the name, and join up with Peugeot," he said. "I told them: 'We have the know-how, you have the money, we'll do great things together.'

"The truth is it wasn't worth it for Peugeot. If we won together, people would say it was thanks to Pescarolo, and if we lost they would say it's Peugeot's fault."
Full story:
http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/58385
Old 27 Apr 2007, 18:05 (Ref:1901796)   #39
jhansen
Veteran

United States
California
Almost seems like Peugeot used Pescarolo a bit to have some on-site experience and to see the R10s up close. If that was the case, then that is very poor indeed.
Old 8 May 2007, 22:40 (Ref:1909468)   #40
gwyllion
Veteran

Belgium
gwyllion is going for a new world record!gwyllion is going for a new world record!gwyllion is going for a new world record!gwyllion is going for a new world record!gwyllion is going for a new world record!gwyllion is going for a new world record!gwyllion is going for a new world record!
There is a possibility that Pescarolo will get a factory engine in 2008. The manufacturer however is only interested in a petrol engine, so the rules have to change. EI suggest that the manufacturer does not necessary have to be Porsche or Honda.

source: http://www.endurance-info.com/article.php?sid=3589
Old 9 May 2007, 17:23 (Ref:1910008)   #41
FIRE
Race Official
Veteran

Netherlands
FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by gwyllion
There is a possibility that Pescarolo will get a factory engine in 2008. The manufacturer however is only interested in a petrol engine, so the rules have to change. EI suggest that the manufacturer does not necessary have to be Porsche or Honda.

source: http://www.endurance-info.com/article.php?sid=3589
Is this serious interest from a manufacturer? Or is Henri Pescarolo trying to persuade ACO to change rules by saying "if you change rules maybe a manufacturer will join Pescarolo".
Old 9 May 2007, 17:55 (Ref:1910030)   #42
HORNDAWG
Veteran

United States
Oregon
HORNDAWG should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHORNDAWG should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHORNDAWG should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kai
Acura already said that they'll run LMP2 for at least 2 more years before looking into an LMP1 development program.
And where did you hear this?

From DSC
Quote:
“The chassis development on the Highcroft car is something that isn’t really visible on the outside of the car. It’s all under the bodywork right now, but by the time we are back here (at Sebring) for the race, you will see some differences with this car. It’s all part of our plan to be moving into P1, hopefully in 2009, with our own chassis.
ALMS archived news 24 Jan. Robert Clarke – On Acura Progress And Le Mans

L.P.
Old 9 May 2007, 18:57 (Ref:1910095)   #43
HORNDAWG
Veteran

United States
Oregon
Quote:
Originally Posted by FIRE
Is this serious interest from a manufacturer? Or is Henri Pescarolo trying to persuade ACO to change rules by saying "if you change rules maybe a manufacturer will join Pescarolo".
I would say that is a "Gold Star" question!

L.P.