Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Racing Talk > Racers Forum

Old 22 Sep 2008, 19:00 (Ref:2295543)   #26
Red_08
Veteran

England
Mid-Cheshire
Red_08 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
My thoughts are with you Andy, to make a speedy recovery so that we can give you a wave from the bank. Also my thoughts are with your family, who, I'm sure, will help you through.

Elliot.
Old 22 Sep 2008, 19:03 (Ref:2295547)   #27
aland
Veteran

Scotland
West Scotland
aland should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Andy, hope and pray you make it through and fulfil the BTCC dream

Sara, thoughts and prayers are with you at this time

all the best

Alan
Old 22 Sep 2008, 19:07 (Ref:2295549)   #28
strider
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Middle Earth
strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by davyboy
Best wishes Andy for a full and speedy recovery. All our thoughts and prayers are with you, Sara and the kids.
That expresses my thoughts completely, so I will simply second davyboy's remarks.
Old 22 Sep 2008, 19:10 (Ref:2295554)   #29
Piglet
Veteran

Piglet should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridPiglet should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridPiglet should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by strider
That expresses my thoughts completely, so I will simply second davyboy's remarks.
Thirded. Piglet xxx
Old 22 Sep 2008, 19:14 (Ref:2295557)   #30
Antoine
Rookie

England
Witham, Essex
Antoine should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Was shocked when I heard this morning.
All the best to Andy and his family.
Old 22 Sep 2008, 19:35 (Ref:2295578)   #31
jonbryant
Veteran

England
Horsham, West Sussex
jonbryant should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridjonbryant should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Motorsport is a community regardless of what you race, where you marshal or whether you spectate and I'd wager that every single member of that community is thinking of you and wishing for Andy's speedy recovery. And sending all their strength and support to you Sara.
Old 22 Sep 2008, 20:14 (Ref:2295605)   #32
touringlegend
Race Official
Veteran

Panama
touringlegend should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridtouringlegend should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridtouringlegend should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Jon, I would echo those words, very well said.

I wish Andy all the best.
Old 22 Sep 2008, 20:18 (Ref:2295607)   #33
Burnsie
Official Timekeeper!
Veteran

Burnsie should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBurnsie should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBurnsie should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Andy - drivers like you are the reason why I go marshalling, so here's wishing you a quick recovery. Hope to see you back behind the wheel soon!
Old 22 Sep 2008, 20:21 (Ref:2295610)   #34
BertMk2
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Nr Maidstone, Kent
BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!
I can't add anything that hasn't been said already - best wishes to Andy and family, hope you're home soon.
Old 22 Sep 2008, 21:05 (Ref:2295638)   #35
andy_b
Veteran

Canada
Vancouver (I escaped from UK)
andy_b is going for a new world record!andy_b is going for a new world record!andy_b is going for a new world record!andy_b is going for a new world record!andy_b is going for a new world record!andy_b is going for a new world record!andy_b is going for a new world record!
best wishes to Andy, Sara and family.
Old 22 Sep 2008, 21:21 (Ref:2295647)   #36
mattt
Veteran

England
Cambridge
mattt should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridmattt should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Best wishes Andy for a full and speedy recovery. All our thoughts and prayers are with you, Sara and the kids.
Fourthed
Old 22 Sep 2008, 21:47 (Ref:2295674)   #37
bdwoody
Veteran

United Kingdom
redbridge southampton
bdwoody should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid

fifthed
from all the xsportracing crew
Old 22 Sep 2008, 22:24 (Ref:2295696)   #38
Woolley
Race Official
Veteran

England
Wolverhampton, England
Woolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
It's always shocking to hear of a serious injury befalling one of our motorsport community, especially when it occurs in event which so many were looking forward to with such enthusiasm. I'd like to add my hopes that he is able to make a full recovery and offer the best wishes of all of us here at 10-tenths. Good luck, Andy and family.
Old 22 Sep 2008, 23:49 (Ref:2295728)   #39
MarkH22
Rookie

MarkH22 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
All our thought are with Andy , Sarah and the Family. And a good recovery
Mark and All at Wealden Racing / Ford Saloons
Old 23 Sep 2008, 06:34 (Ref:2295810)   #40
Alan.F
Racer

England
Bolton
Alan.F should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
All of whats been said above get well soon m8
Old 23 Sep 2008, 06:57 (Ref:2295820)   #41
rbs
Veteran

England
northampton
rbs should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridrbs should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
From all of us marshals at pedestrian bridge on Saturday, we wish Andy a full and speedy recovery, our thoughts are also with Sara and the children.
Old 23 Sep 2008, 07:11 (Ref:2295828)   #42
Hepatic
Veteran

United Kingdom
Preston-ish
Hepatic should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridHepatic should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I was gutted to hear the TVR was involved in the incident, we'd been really looking forward to seeing it and the drivers give the Mosler teams a run for their money. None of us knew the extent of Andy's injuries until we read Sara's update, so thanks for letting us know. Andy, you will make a full recovery, you have a family to look after and a Britcar 24Hrs 2009 trophy with your name on it

All the best from me and the rest of the guys at Luffield Centre.

Steve
Old 23 Sep 2008, 08:17 (Ref:2295856)   #43
Paul Newns
Veteran

Paul Newns should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
My thoughts are with Andy and his family at this difficult time. Hoping for a full recovery for you.
Old 23 Sep 2008, 08:47 (Ref:2295872)   #44
John Turner
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Pontesbury, Shropshire
John Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
I am rather glad that I was down at Stowe when this dreadful accident occurred, and I know that one or two on the spot photographers, normally a hardy lot, were shaken by what occurred. It certainly left a pall over the event for me. I can only join with all the others in wishing Andy a full recovery and my thoughts, too, are with Sara and the children at this most traumatic time.
Old 23 Sep 2008, 08:53 (Ref:2295876)   #45
Al Weyman
Veteran

England
South of Watford (just)
Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!
Andy you get well now do you hear.
Old 23 Sep 2008, 08:55 (Ref:2295879)   #46
JovialJooles
Rookie

United Kingdom
Cambridge
JovialJooles should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Thank you Sara for taking the trouble to let us know about Andy's condition.

I was at priory and heard the drama unfolding over the radio; it's something you never want to hear.

My best wishes to Andy for a full and speedy recovery. To Sara and the children, you are in my thoughts. I do hope you are soon over what must be a very difficult and worrying time.

Julian

Last edited by JovialJooles; 23 Sep 2008 at 08:58.
Old 23 Sep 2008, 11:11 (Ref:2295980)   #47
Stephen Green
Race Official
Veteran

England
Faversham, Kent
Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!
Dear Andy & Sara,

From all of us in the British Motorsport Marshals Club we wish Andy a full and speedy recovery. Please let him know we are thinking of him and hope to see him back in a car very soon.

Stephen Green
National Public Relations Officer.
Old 23 Sep 2008, 11:31 (Ref:2295992)   #48
Gerryc
Racer

United Kingdom
Aylesbury, Bucks.
Gerryc should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
This is terrible news and has really coloured how I will look back on this meeting. Andy and Sara I am sure I speak for all Marshals, those of us who were there, as well as those who weren't, in wishing Andy a full and speedy recovery.

We are a family in motorsport - drivers, mechanics, marshals, media and everyone else involved - we are all affected by such incidents and all are dimished by them. We cannot know the pain and suffering you are going through but we can, and do, offer you both our support in this time of trouble for part of the motorsport family.

With my very best wishes and hope for the future,

Gerry Condon
Old 23 Sep 2008, 14:40 (Ref:2296141)   #49
Elementary
Rookie

Elementary should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Heartfelt thoughts

Sara,

All my thoughts are with you and your family at this deeply distressing and worrying time. As has been said in previous posts "no marshal likes to hear of a driver being injured in any way".

Thank you for taking the time to appraise us of Andy's condition, i know that cannot have been an easy thing to do.

I send Andy all the very best wishes and all of my hopes that he makes a full recovery. You are all in my thoughts and prayers.

AW
Old 23 Sep 2008, 15:20 (Ref:2296177)   #50
SuperDan
Rookie

United Kingdom
Southampton, Hampshire
SuperDan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Best wishes to Andy for a full and speedy recovery...Sara and family, you will be in my thoughts through this such difficult time...