Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 19 Aug 2001, 18:24 (Ref:132594)   #1
Sodemo
Veteran

United Kingdom
Solihull, West Mids, UK
Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!
ITV and commercial brakes!!

I just thought i'd say that after watching a race on Italian TV (terrestrial feed) in a pub, I have nothing but distgust for ITV with the amount of commercial brakes they have.
Throughout the whole of the covergage from the Italian channel (Uno) they had 2 brakes, 1 during the formation lap, and 1 in the middle of the race, both were around 15-20 seconds!

ITV have about 4-5 of about 3-4 minutes!

Money grabbing *******s.

Disgrasful!
Old 19 Aug 2001, 18:33 (Ref:132602)   #2
Crank Case
Racer

Crank Case should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid

Yep I agree
What ever happened to Bernies TV coming to the UK?
Judging by some of the clips I've downloaded from http://formulaone.iscool.net/ It looks pretty amazing imagine picking your own cameras to watch the race.
Old 19 Aug 2001, 18:37 (Ref:132604)   #3
economy_waffle
Racer

economy_waffle should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
you can get it - on digital but its like pay per view i think....
Old 19 Aug 2001, 19:00 (Ref:132612)   #4
Ralf's Girl
Veteran

England
London
Ralf's Girl has a real shot at the podium!Ralf's Girl has a real shot at the podium!Ralf's Girl has a real shot at the podium!Ralf's Girl has a real shot at the podium!
Having watched the British Grand Prix on TF1 in France this year, I am actually very thankful to have ITV. The ad breaks on TF1 are ridiculously long and very frequent, and ITV is not that bad by comparison.

But I still say BRING BACK THE BEEB!!!
Old 19 Aug 2001, 19:09 (Ref:132617)   #5
economy_waffle
Racer

no, BRING ON THE BERNIE CHANNEL!!!
Old 19 Aug 2001, 19:10 (Ref:132618)   #6
Gerard
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

Gerard should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I consider myself very lucky to have digital. It is indeed pay per view but it's worth every cent.
No commercial breaks at all, different camera angles and an incar camera in almost every car.
Old 19 Aug 2001, 19:18 (Ref:132622)   #7
Ralf's Girl
Veteran

England
London
Ralf's Girl has a real shot at the podium!Ralf's Girl has a real shot at the podium!Ralf's Girl has a real shot at the podium!Ralf's Girl has a real shot at the podium!

It's not fair!

Gerard, can I come and live with you?
Old 19 Aug 2001, 19:26 (Ref:132631)   #8
LucaBadoer
Veteran

United Kingdom
Harrogate, N Yorks.
LucaBadoer should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I hate ITV. They hardly ever seem to show the full press conferences, and they'll probably show the USA GP on ITV2 which is not available where I live...

I suppose that it's better coverage than what the Aussies get.

I think that they should put F1 on Channel 5. They would probably make it so that they have no adverts during the race - Just like they do when they show the MOTO GP.
Old 19 Aug 2001, 19:26 (Ref:132632)   #9
economy_waffle
Racer

its not fair but **** all else is, i mean it used to be (i can remember this) that it was like free for all, and therre was a lot of in car footage, but now because bernie wants to make more money b4 he dies, he sells f1 to a bunch of money grabbing tv moguls who shove all the decent stuff onto the PPV. it is disgusting - like wot theyre gonna do to hockenheim - i am absolutely certain that spa and monza will be constricted.
Old 19 Aug 2001, 21:15 (Ref:132693)   #10
francis
Rookie

francis should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
We can't get the digital pay per view feeed here in UK - unfortunately - cos I woiuld certainly pay for it. Channel 5 is nothing to do with ITV so they wouldn't be able to pujt it on that.

All in alkl it's prety unsatisfactory - though to be fair to ITV they have given a much enhanced (apart from the adverts and curtailed press conference) than BBC. Just like cricket. Channel 4 have shown the BBC to be boringly old fashioned
Old 20 Aug 2001, 11:23 (Ref:132979)   #11
Epsilon
Racer

Canada
Hamilton, ON, Canada
Epsilon should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
The coverage in Canada is okay. We use ITV's feed (except for Montreal, where we get Vic Rauter and Gerry Donaldson), and TSN goes to commercial for about 2:30 whenever Murray and Martin throw it to a break. I know that later we get qualifying for Monza and USA both on tape delay, but I can't really complain. Actually, it's pretty good for cable.
Old 20 Aug 2001, 13:07 (Ref:133030)   #12
Stephen Green
Race Official
Veteran

England
Faversham, Kent
Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!
At the end of the day boys and girls ITV have to recoup the money they paid Uncle Bernie for the TV rights in the UK. Sadly it's the same in most sports these days.

I would suggest that if the race were shown on Sky, there would be considerably more advert breaks than we have with ITV at the moment. The other thing about Sky and PPV is that I already pay £34 a month for Sky Digital, why the hell should I have to pay again to watch F1 on top of watching the adverts? It's the same with all the major events Sky grab hold of, Pay Per View, just like the boxing. Oh no, sorry, F1 lasts longer than one round doesn't it!