Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

View Poll Results: How do you rate the first Formula 1 Grand Prix at Mugello?
10 1 2.94%
9 3 8.82%
8 7 20.59%
7 10 29.41%
6 3 8.82%
5 5 14.71%
4 1 2.94%
3 1 2.94%
2 1 2.94%
1 2 5.88%
Voters: 34. You may not vote on this poll

Old 13 Sep 2020, 14:18 (Ref:4002163)   #1
Born Racer
Race Official
Veteran

Born Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Rate the Grand Prix: Tuscan Grand Prix 2020

How do you rate the first Formula 1 Grand Prix at Mugello?
Old 13 Sep 2020, 15:26 (Ref:4002190)   #2
broadrun96
Veteran

United States
broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
2 or 3 at best, the constant crunch of cars with Grosjean getting nothing for causing the first one. 3 SC/red flags made it dull and broken up.
Old 13 Sep 2020, 15:34 (Ref:4002191)   #3
ASCII Man
Veteran

ASCII Man should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridASCII Man should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridASCII Man should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridASCII Man should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Good god, that was awful. 1/10

2nd worst race ever.
Old 13 Sep 2020, 15:37 (Ref:4002193)   #4
Biscuits In A Red Bull
Veteran

United Kingdom
Biscuits In A Red Bull should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridBiscuits In A Red Bull should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
5. Some excitement, some interest. Despite the pathetic first restart and odd second red flag, it felt anti-climactic. From the safety car handing Hamilton a free pit stop to Albon's debut podium that feels like nothing of a vindication and if anything more cruel on Daniel Ricciardo, it was all just too odd for me to say I enjoyed that. A very good circuit spoiled by some odd officiating and driving.
Old 13 Sep 2020, 16:01 (Ref:4002204)   #5
Lancsbreaker
Veteran

England
Padiham, Lancashire
Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!
A great circuit, and a weird combination of inspired driving from some and clumsy driving from others. Made for excitement, I guess, but somewhat artificial, too....
Old 13 Sep 2020, 16:30 (Ref:4002214)   #6
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

Knowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Great circuit, some great driving, a bit of drama and some decent racing. 8.

It is almost like old circuits with character are actually enjoyable.
Old 13 Sep 2020, 16:31 (Ref:4002215)   #7
ascarracinguk
Veteran

ascarracinguk has a real shot at the championship!ascarracinguk has a real shot at the championship!ascarracinguk has a real shot at the championship!ascarracinguk has a real shot at the championship!ascarracinguk has a real shot at the championship!
It’s a meh race for me. Some good action but ultimately action of the wrong type.

Tbh I expected a race ruined by lack of overtaking, it had a good amount of that. The race was ruined by flags of various colours
Old 13 Sep 2020, 16:51 (Ref:4002224)   #8
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!
There was a lot of incident, which in itself can make things entertaining. As for the actual race, it was another Mercedes romp and there have been better and worse races. 7.
Old 13 Sep 2020, 19:24 (Ref:4002263)   #9
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!
certainly an odd race, if you can call it that, plenty of incidents for sure but also some overtaking, so gave it a 5
Old 13 Sep 2020, 19:54 (Ref:4002276)   #10
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Just a 5 for me on the highlights. I like the track but it was too easy to overtake on DRS at turn one. Plenty of action but a shame to lose virtually half the field so early on.
Old 13 Sep 2020, 20:45 (Ref:4002291)   #11
steve_r
Veteran

Lord Howe Island
European Capital of Culture 2008
steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!
I thought it was crazy. I like the track, and I hope that they come back to it again.

DRS was of course too powerful again. Apart from that, enjoyable. 8
Old 13 Sep 2020, 21:52 (Ref:4002311)   #12
Tourer
Veteran

Australia
Sideways
Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!
6.5 upgraded to a 7 for me. The stops and starts made it hard to understand what a full race distance without interruptions would be like but genuinely racing and passing was more in evidence than I had thought it would be.
Extra score due to the utterly sublime circuit and the spectacular surroundings - pure, racing driver heaven.
Old 13 Sep 2020, 22:23 (Ref:4002320)   #13
Born Racer
Race Official
Veteran

Born Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Now that was much better than Monza! What was not to like apart from the DRS effect? Went for a 9, though, which is probably a bit high, but I enjoyed it and I voted based on feeling. It's a proper circuit too. Nice to see the variety of opinions and range of scores here on Ten-Tenths.

Plus great radio:

Hamilton with his race engineer: "Keep off which kerbs?". "So that's all of them".

Räikkönen: "WHAT FOR?".

And Romain Grosjean saying that someone else's driving was the worst thing ever.

Last edited by Born Racer; 13 Sep 2020 at 22:40.
Old 13 Sep 2020, 22:26 (Ref:4002322)   #14
chunterer
Race Official
Veteran

chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!
7. Wacky races rule ok!
Old 14 Sep 2020, 01:00 (Ref:4002340)   #15
Oldtony
Veteran

Australia
Gold Coast Australia
Oldtony should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridOldtony should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridOldtony should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridOldtony should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Gave it a 7.

Spectacular, exciting, but F1 should never go back there.

It's a brilliant Moto GP circuit but the current F1 cars just don't fit.
Too big, too fast, too clumsy.
Old 14 Sep 2020, 02:01 (Ref:4002345)   #16
dsg
Veteran

Thailand
Chonburi
dsg should be qualifying in the top 3 on the griddsg should be qualifying in the top 3 on the griddsg should be qualifying in the top 3 on the griddsg should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
7. It was ok, but the DRS made passes too easy.
Old 14 Sep 2020, 07:50 (Ref:4002375)   #17
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
8, even with two red flags we had enough going on to keep us interested. Great circuit it is too
Old 14 Sep 2020, 08:20 (Ref:4002385)   #18
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Born Racer View Post
Now that was much better than Monza! What was not to like apart from the DRS effect? Went for a 9, though, which is probably a bit high, but I enjoyed it and I voted based on feeling. It's a proper circuit too. Nice to see the variety of opinions and range of scores here on Ten-Tenths.

Plus great radio:

Hamilton with his race engineer: "Keep off which kerbs?". "So that's all of them".

Räikkönen: "WHAT FOR?".

And Romain Grosjean saying that someone else's driving was the worst thing ever.

Raikonnen's 'What for?' was hilarious. He knew exactly what for and I'm sure had been expecting the message....

It's always amusing to hear Grosjean or Magnussen moan about driving standards bearing in mind that whenever shunts occur, the tendency is always to assume that one or both of them will probably have caused them....
Old 14 Sep 2020, 08:33 (Ref:4002390)   #19
TrapezeArtist
Veteran

United Kingdom
England
TrapezeArtist should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTrapezeArtist should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTrapezeArtist should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTrapezeArtist should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
8 from me. Spectacular circuit, good racing (and also some spectacularly bad driving!). So disappointed for George Russell and Williams as I thought they were going to pick up some points.

Red flag and restart is a much better solution than safety car. At least we don't get laps wasted watching the cars tooling around doing nothing (except complaining the safety car is too slow).
Old 14 Sep 2020, 11:46 (Ref:4002429)   #20
helgi
Veteran

Russian Federation
Sergiev Posad, Moscow Region, Russian Fe
helgi should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridhelgi should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridhelgi should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
F1 (TM) show is too posh for a normal track like Mugello. I suppose a sportscar race would be much better there. These Netflix (TM) superstars have forgotten how to drive without fields of asphalt and parsecs of run offs - and how to overtake without DRS. It wasn't even a race. Something NASCAResque in the worst meaning of that definition.
Old 14 Sep 2020, 14:37 (Ref:4002455)   #21
chillibowl
Veteran

Canada
winnipeg, canada
chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!
i gave it a 6 because not much actually happened racing wise. Max' car had issues and Bottas was unable to take the fight to his team mate so felt let down by that.

in fairness, i was not expecting much overtaking and if DRS was not there, then overtaking would have been limited to a few, all be it very brave, overtakes during the restarts while DRS is not active and the cars were bunched together. i would have to say expecting natural overtaking here would have been an irrational expectation.

you watch a race like this for other reasons...awesome full throttle speed and the change of directions these cars are capable of.

beautiful track, wonderful scenery, would like to see it again full of fans.
Old 14 Sep 2020, 15:03 (Ref:4002463)   #22
F1Pete
Veteran

Canada
Sudbury, Ontario, Canada
F1Pete should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridF1Pete should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
It reminded me of a typical Indy 500...

The change of scenery and newness kept me interested.

Sent from my SM-G950W using Tapatalk
Old 14 Sep 2020, 15:05 (Ref:4002464)   #23
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by F1Pete View Post
It reminded me of a typical Indy 500...

The change of scenery and newness kept me interested.

Sent from my SM-G950W using Tapatalk
A typical Indy 500, in what way?
Old 14 Sep 2020, 15:38 (Ref:4002467)   #24
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
Exactly where I need to be.
crmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by bjohnsonsmith View Post
A typical Indy 500, in what way?
I'm guessing -

Drive a bit - neutralise the field - put everyone back in order.

Repeat until finish....
Old 14 Sep 2020, 15:43 (Ref:4002468)   #25
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
Quote:
Originally Posted by crmalcolm View Post
I'm guessing -

Repeat until finish....
Sounds more like NASCAR.