Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

View Poll Results: How do you rate the Italian Grand Prix?
10 14 34.15%
9 10 24.39%
8 10 24.39%
7 4 9.76%
6 1 2.44%
5 0 0%
4 1 2.44%
3 0 0%
2 0 0%
1 1 2.44%
Voters: 41. You may not vote on this poll

Old 7 Sep 2020, 06:05 (Ref:4000675)   #26
Born Racer
Race Official
Veteran

Born Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
I gave it an 8, but think that was maybe a bit high. It lacked the great wheel-to-wheel battles you get on other circuits; at Monza, F1 cars rarely go wheel-to-wheel in the fast stuff and then you get only the fiddly chicanes left. That always takes some of the fun of the racing away. The result was exciting and there was drama, but it lacked something for me - perhaps it was the lack of an interesting chase or progressive development. Obviously it was still exciting for a few reasons, but I'm actually surprised to see so many 10s, although I completely respect it.
Old 7 Sep 2020, 07:50 (Ref:4000680)   #27
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
7. Wasn't much happening in the first half, but the second half more than made up for it. Some close battles, lots of tension and a shock win
Old 7 Sep 2020, 07:51 (Ref:4000681)   #28
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Strange that, because for me, it had many of the things that have been missing for so long. Young guns duking it out at the front, the best there is fighting his way back from the very back and misery upon misery for Ferrari. I only watched the highlights mind, so maybe it wasn't as engrossing if you watched the whole thing.
Old 7 Sep 2020, 08:30 (Ref:4000700)   #29
TrapezeArtist
Veteran

United Kingdom
England
TrapezeArtist should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTrapezeArtist should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTrapezeArtist should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTrapezeArtist should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by dsg View Post
I gave it a 7. The mixing up of results was good but I thought the red flag rules made it lose a couple of points.
I have no disagreement with the red flag. The car needed moving and the barrier needed repairing. Far better to stop the race while that goes on, than waste laps tooling around after the safety car.
Old 7 Sep 2020, 08:56 (Ref:4000704)   #30
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

Knowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Born Racer View Post
I gave it an 8, but think that was maybe a bit high. It lacked the great wheel-to-wheel battles you get on other circuits; at Monza, F1 cars rarely go wheel-to-wheel in the fast stuff and then you get only the fiddly chicanes left. That always takes some of the fun of the racing away. The result was exciting and there was drama, but it lacked something for me - perhaps it was the lack of an interesting chase or progressive development. Obviously it was still exciting for a few reasons, but I'm actually surprised to see so many 10s, although I completely respect it.
Monza is default 9 for me, so anything remotely interesting gets it a 10.
Old 7 Sep 2020, 09:27 (Ref:4000714)   #31
GORDON STREETER
Veteran

Spain
Kent+Mojacar Spain, but not always ?
GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!
I only watch the highlights these days as it has become boring, however I normally doze off after 10 mins but after the actual race stop/restart I sat up on my comfy sofa and was awake until the end. Although I haven't been enjoying Hamilton's domination for the last few years this proved that he "aint" so bad racing in the pack. Can we have random restarts in future races chosen by a computer please!
Balls of steel (knob of butter) They're Asking For Larkins. ( Proper beer) not you're Eurofizz crap. Hace más calor en España. Me han conocido a hablar un montón cojones! Send any cheques and cash to PO box 1 Lagos Nigeria Africa !
Old 7 Sep 2020, 11:26 (Ref:4000736)   #32
Razzzor
Veteran

New Zealand
New Zealand
Razzzor should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridRazzzor should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridRazzzor should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
10. Not perfect of course, but good enough for 10. For me I think it would have been even better if we had a last lap battle for the lead, Sainz Jr was faster and without the SC and red flag fiasco he would never have been behind Gasly. But we needed the SC to get Hamilton out of the way.

I was actually rooting for Norris, but at least Stroll didn't win! For a while I thought he might get out front and the daddies rich kid will embarrass F1.

Those Ferrari's though... wtf
Old 7 Sep 2020, 19:20 (Ref:4000814)   #33
Neil22
Veteran

United States
Nor Cal
Neil22 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
8 for me. Totally enjoyable.
Old 7 Sep 2020, 19:37 (Ref:4000817)   #34
ASCII Man
Veteran

ASCII Man should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridASCII Man should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridASCII Man should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridASCII Man should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Razzzor View Post
10. Not perfect of course, but good enough for 10.

Not perfect.
Good enough for 10.

Perfect 10 is not perfect.

Old 7 Sep 2020, 19:38 (Ref:4000818)   #35
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
Exactly where I need to be.
crmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by ASCII Man View Post
Not perfect.
Good enough for 10.

There's always the chance things could be turned up to 11....
Old 7 Sep 2020, 19:59 (Ref:4000823)   #36
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by ASCII Man View Post
Not perfect.
Good enough for 10.

Old 7 Sep 2020, 20:01 (Ref:4000824)   #37
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adam43 View Post
9.9 recurring.
Old 7 Sep 2020, 20:18 (Ref:4000825)   #38
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!

this is fun.
Old 7 Sep 2020, 20:29 (Ref:4000828)   #39
Greem
Veteran

United Kingdom
Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!
I'm surprised Armco Bender hasn't commented, he'd be good at rounding the score up.
Old 7 Sep 2020, 20:46 (Ref:4000829)   #40
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
crmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
The history of secondary school grades in the UK are a good example of why the top of the scale may not be the highest you can go.

Up until 1975, the highest score was a 1.
From 1975, the previous highest score was aligned to C, with grades A and B being higher. But, students taking the former CSE could still only get a '1' at best.

For students due to take exams in 1994, their coursework from 1992 was marked from 10 to 1, with 10 being the highest. It was felt that employers wouldn't understand what a GCSE grade of '10' meant, so letters were reinstated. However, early coursework had aligned 9 with an A, so a grade higher than this was required which resulted in the 'A*' being introduced.

Now, from 2017, the grades of 7 and 8 align with an 'A', and a 9 is an 'A*'.

So, in the context of this thread, 10 is as high as we go because that is the best race there has been. When a race better comes along, we can just add the grade of 11, or 10*.

Old 7 Sep 2020, 20:47 (Ref:4000830)   #41
Greem
Veteran

United Kingdom
Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by crmalcolm View Post

So, in the context of this thread, 10 is as high as we go because that is the best race there has been. When a race better comes along, we can just add the grade of 11, or 10*.

Don't you go bringing your mutant algorithms in here, Mr M.
Old 7 Sep 2020, 20:52 (Ref:4000831)   #42
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greem View Post
Don't you go bringing your mutant algorithms in here, Mr M.
Can we add 11 as an option for the next poll and see how many vote for it?

Old 7 Sep 2020, 21:03 (Ref:4000835)   #43
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
This isn’t a spinal tap concert rating poll.
Old 7 Sep 2020, 21:08 (Ref:4000836)   #44
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!
I saw Spinal Tap twice. July 1992, Royal Albert Hall and June 2009, Wembley Arena and both concerts went to 11.
Old 7 Sep 2020, 21:12 (Ref:4000837)   #45
Greem
Veteran

United Kingdom
Haha, if Spinal Tap were involved then half the grid would have foil wrapped cucumbers down their trousers, the RTR poll would definitely go to 11, but each lap would only be 2.925m long
Old 7 Sep 2020, 21:20 (Ref:4000839)   #46
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greem View Post
Haha, if Spinal Tap were involved then half the grid would have foil wrapped cucumbers down their trousers, the RTR poll would definitely go to 11, but each lap would only be 2.925m long
Old 7 Sep 2020, 23:37 (Ref:4000853)   #47
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
Certainly Mercedes’ dramas added to what turned out to be a quite unusual event in some ways