Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 14 Sep 2017, 08:00 (Ref:3766744)   #526
F1Guy
Veteran

Antarctica
Driving dangerously
F1Guy User has been fined for unsportsmanlike behaviour!
So we're nearing the peak point of the 2018 silly season. Not long to go now before official confirmation of the many (expected) changes.

BTW, going back to the opening post of this thread, none of the rumours circulating at the time have proven to be correct.
Old 14 Sep 2017, 08:05 (Ref:3766746)   #527
peebee2
Veteran

peebee2 User had had their licence endorsedpeebee2 User had had their licence endorsed
Quote:
Originally Posted by F1Guy View Post
BTW, going back to the opening post of this thread, none of the rumours circulating at the time have proven to be correct.
True, but the first would have happened had Kalterborn not been fired.
Old 14 Sep 2017, 08:08 (Ref:3766748)   #528
F1Guy
Veteran

Antarctica
Driving dangerously
It maybe too early to start the 2019 silly season thread just yet, but there's some talk from Singapore that Renault have notified Red Bull Racing that they intend to terminate their engine supply deal to RBR at the end of 2018.
Old 14 Sep 2017, 08:09 (Ref:3766749)   #529
VIVA GT
Veteran

England
Leicestershire
VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!
Quote:
It maybe too early to start the 2019 silly season thread just yet, but there's some talk from Singapore that Renault have notified Red Bull Racing that they intend to terminate their engine supply deal to RBR at the end of 2018.
That'll put the cat amongst the pigeons!
Old 14 Sep 2017, 08:23 (Ref:3766750)   #530
mceci1
Veteran

Australia
mceci1 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Interesting, very interesting
Old 14 Sep 2017, 08:24 (Ref:3766751)   #531
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
Exactly where I need to be.
crmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Who is doing this talking?
Old 14 Sep 2017, 08:38 (Ref:3766754)   #532
F1Guy
Veteran

Antarctica
Driving dangerously
Have to say, not a reliable source (50/50 at most times), but if true - that's going to make Daniel's and Max's contract negotiations for 2019 and beyond very interesting.

Probably why RBR are (apparently) loaning Sainz out to Renault. In case one or both RBR drivers leave they have Sainz to call on.

Renault paying back RBR??
Old 14 Sep 2017, 09:04 (Ref:3766757)   #533
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
Bottas, another season. Good choice, he's done well this season and there is no better option available. Hope he raises his game in 2018
Old 14 Sep 2017, 09:11 (Ref:3766760)   #534
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Have to say, not a reliable source (50/50 at most times), but if true - that's going to make Daniel's and Max's contract negotiations for 2019 and beyond very interesting.

Probably why RBR are (apparently) loaning Sainz out to Renault. In case one or both RBR drivers leave they have Sainz to call on.

Renault paying back RBR??
Story Here
“Everybody Lies” - Dr Gregory House
Old 14 Sep 2017, 09:38 (Ref:3766769)   #535
F1Guy
Veteran

Antarctica
Driving dangerously
Quote:
Originally Posted by GTRMagic View Post
LOL, dailymail Australia have a report on it??
Ok then, we can squash that rumour!
Old 14 Sep 2017, 09:41 (Ref:3766770)   #536
peebee2
Veteran

peebee2 User had had their licence endorsedpeebee2 User had had their licence endorsed
Careful!!
Old 14 Sep 2017, 09:56 (Ref:3766772)   #537
F1Guy
Veteran

Antarctica
Driving dangerously
Well.. seems as though Motorsport.com's Adam Cooper is also running with this rumour, and posted this just a few minutes ago.

https://www.motorsport.com/f1/news/r...s-2019-952699/
Old 14 Sep 2017, 10:02 (Ref:3766775)   #538
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
crmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
What has Australia got to do with it.
The journalist who wrote the article is British, based in the UK, and has been chief F1 journalist at the UK-based Daily Mail offices for over 11yrs?
The article was just replicated in the overseas websites.

At least this rumour provided a source against which credibility could be assessed.
Old 14 Sep 2017, 10:30 (Ref:3766782)   #539
mceci1
Veteran

Australia
Quote:
Yes, pretty much
Old 14 Sep 2017, 11:28 (Ref:3766791)   #540
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
If they're thinking of switching to Honda in 2019, that means they're looking to see how it goes with STR first
Old 14 Sep 2017, 11:30 (Ref:3766792)   #541
F1Guy
Veteran

Antarctica
Driving dangerously
Welcome aboard Carlos, looking forward to having you in the team next year.(??)

Old 14 Sep 2017, 11:41 (Ref:3766798)   #542
mceci1
Veteran

Australia
Quote:
Originally Posted by S griffin View Post
If they're thinking of switching to Honda in 2019, that means they're looking to see how it goes with STR first
I heard Porsche was looking to buy out a part of Red Bull in 2020 or 21, whenever the new engine regulations kick in
Old 14 Sep 2017, 11:44 (Ref:3766799)   #543
VIVA GT
Veteran

England
Leicestershire
VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Welcome aboard Carlos, looking forward to having you in the team next year.(??)

Are you trying to say that Sainz is going to McLaren for next year now?
Old 15 Sep 2017, 04:08 (Ref:3766959)   #544
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
Palmer says that he is driving in the Renault for the rest of the season, so doesn't seem like a driver swap will be made early. http://www.skysports.com/f1/news/124...-for-f1-future
Old 15 Sep 2017, 04:10 (Ref:3766960)   #545
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
Quote:
Originally Posted by mceci1 View Post
I heard Porsche was looking to buy out a part of Red Bull in 2020 or 21, whenever the new engine regulations kick in
Which bit? One of the drivers for their entry into other forms of motorsport?
Old 15 Sep 2017, 05:53 (Ref:3766975)   #546
mceci1
Veteran

Australia
Quote:
Originally Posted by crmalcolm View Post
Which bit? One of the drivers for their entry into other forms of motorsport?
Not sure, possibly engines, don't know
Old 15 Sep 2017, 05:58 (Ref:3766978)   #547
F1Guy
Veteran

Antarctica
Driving dangerously
Quote:
Originally Posted by VIVA GT View Post
Are you trying to say that Sainz is going to McLaren for next year now?
No. Yes. Maybe.
Some chat that it is possible, all depending on what Alonso does apparently. I doubt it but you never know - hence why I included a ( ) emoticon.

During the negotiations last week, Renault wanted Ricciardo for the factory Renault team, and Sainz was the second option - for both Renault, and if needed, McLaren.

Alonso has not made up his mind just yet if he will drive for McLaren next year. And won't do so for a few weeks yet apparently. So we may have to wait a while for Alonso's announcement. In the meantime, if Sainz is announced as a Renault driver for 2018, that should mean one step closer for Alonso being a McLaren driver for 2018 I would think.
Old 15 Sep 2017, 07:02 (Ref:3766990)   #548
VIVA GT
Veteran

England
Leicestershire
Quote:
No. Yes. Maybe.
Some chat that it is possible, all depending on what Alonso does apparently. I doubt it but you never know - hence why I included a ( ) emoticon.

During the negotiations last week, Renault wanted Ricciardo for the factory Renault team, and Sainz was the second option - for both Renault, and if needed, McLaren.

Alonso has not made up his mind just yet if he will drive for McLaren next year. And won't do so for a few weeks yet apparently. So we may have to wait a while for Alonso's announcement. In the meantime, if Sainz is announced as a Renault driver for 2018, that should mean one step closer for Alonso being a McLaren driver for 2018 I would think.
OK, interesting, thanks for the clarification. If Renault do get Ricciardo (unlikely surely?) as well, could they then place Sainz at McLaren (especially if Alonso throws in the towel)?
Old 15 Sep 2017, 07:41 (Ref:3767007)   #549
F1Guy
Veteran

Antarctica
Driving dangerously
Red Bull refused Ricciardo during the negotiations.

That was never going to happen. But good on Renault for trying.
Old 15 Sep 2017, 07:54 (Ref:3767009)   #550
F1Guy
Veteran

Antarctica
Driving dangerously
Quote:
During the negotiations last week, Renault wanted Ricciardo for the factory Renault team
This just popped up on motorsport.com a couple of minutes ago.

https://www.motorsport.com/f1/news/r...e-deal-953118/