Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Classic Cars Monthly Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Historic Racing & Motorsport History > Historic Racing Today

Old 11 Nov 2010, 17:15 (Ref:2788674)   #1
simon drabble
Veteran

simon drabble should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridsimon drabble should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridsimon drabble should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Goodwood 2011 E Type only race

I am excited already.... This will be, I gather, the highlight of the E Type only series running next year to celebrate 50 years of the iconic car. Makes this years Revival a must go for me...
Old 11 Nov 2010, 20:03 (Ref:2788791)   #2
Newall Andy
Rookie

Newall Andy should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Me too ... its going to be a right dust up !. The plan is to take the e types out the TT, which may make the TT better.... and just have a brummie demolition derby stand out race.... Got to be worth the entrance fee alone!

I can not wait..... 49 FXN is a flyer, game on

Andy.
Old 11 Nov 2010, 22:08 (Ref:2788836)   #3
john ruston
The Scarlet Pimpernel
Veteran

john ruston has a real shot at the podium!john ruston has a real shot at the podium!john ruston has a real shot at the podium!john ruston has a real shot at the podium!
Andy,Do you need to share driver with owner?

Is it for the new ones,you know wider longer bigger better as well as the others.

At least its 50 years of History with I assume one car represented and built in each of the years between 61 and now?50 car grid.

You all have a good time.
Old 12 Nov 2010, 05:48 (Ref:2788965)   #4
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Attleborough- 5 minutes from Snet!
Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by john ruston View Post
At least its 50 years of History with I assume one car represented and built in each of the years between 61 and now?50 car grid.
Priceless, John.

D'you think the Group 44 V12 will get an entry?
Old 12 Nov 2010, 06:54 (Ref:2788972)   #5
Newall Andy
Rookie

Newall Andy should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid

Quote:
Originally Posted by john ruston View Post
Andy,Do you need to share driver with owner?

Is it for the new ones,you know wider longer bigger better as well as the others.

You all have a good time.
Wider, longer, bigger , better and of course lower.. you forgot that bit.
Old 12 Nov 2010, 07:31 (Ref:2788977)   #6
delta
Subscriber
Veteran

United Kingdom
Reading UK
delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!
Here we go boy's. At least its not MGB,s. looking foward to learning all about E Types in the next few weeks.
Old 12 Nov 2010, 07:39 (Ref:2788981)   #7
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by delta View Post
Here we go boy's. At least its not MGB,s. looking foward to learning all about E Types in the next few weeks.

Old 12 Nov 2010, 08:03 (Ref:2788985)   #8
simon drabble
Veteran

simon drabble should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridsimon drabble should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridsimon drabble should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
will the Goodwood race be the grand finale of the series or a one off race? Presumably it makes sense to make it the decider to ensure support is strong on the other rounds
Old 12 Nov 2010, 08:29 (Ref:2788998)   #9
zefarelly
Veteran

European Union
zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!
oh dear

will all the drivers have to dress up as Austin Powers
Old 12 Nov 2010, 09:03 (Ref:2789008)   #10
p261brm
Veteran

England
Shropshire & Oura
p261brm should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridp261brm should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by delta View Post
Jeez mate, all I want to do is forget!, and I'm with Mr Ruston on this one, you have forgotten the 4-8litre XK engines John...
Old 12 Nov 2010, 09:06 (Ref:2789011)   #11
simon drabble
Veteran

John was the engine builders name as well wasn't it?!
Old 12 Nov 2010, 09:27 (Ref:2789018)   #12
John Turner
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Pontesbury, Shropshire
John Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Well since Goodwood's race will be the culmination of a series of E type races during the year, presumably the 'regs' as such will already have been set, as to what are allowed to come out and play or will we see some extra 'Goodwood' specials for the final showdown? Presumably genuine lightweights and semi lightweights, original club racers, any original modsports E's (are there any left?) and one or two V12s (anyone remember Guy Bedington's?), all with provenance should take precedence over 'new' builds, or am I missing the point and being naive? JRs point is well made! It is a celebration of 50 years of the E type isn't?
Old 12 Nov 2010, 09:36 (Ref:2789024)   #13
simon drabble
Veteran

I think the regs (or more to the point the permissable deviations) are still being finalized for both the HSCC and Goodwood initiative. I hope Goodwood make it part of the series and therefore ensure the earlier rounds are well supported rather than a stand alone race runnung adjacent to the series. I suppose for Goodwood the priority is to ensure Jaguar Cars have a grid at the Revival that is a credit to the brand.
Old 12 Nov 2010, 09:50 (Ref:2789030)   #14
John Turner
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Pontesbury, Shropshire
John Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Yes, good post, Simon.
Old 12 Nov 2010, 10:06 (Ref:2789035)   #15
p261brm
Veteran

England
Shropshire & Oura
p261brm should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridp261brm should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
[QUOTE=John Turner;2789018]Well since Goodwood's race will be the culmination of a series of E type races during the year, presumably the 'regs' as such will already have been set, as to what are allowed to come out and play or will we see some extra 'Goodwood' specials for the final showdown? Presumably genuine lightweights and semi lightweights, original club racers, any original modsports E's (are there any left?) and one QUOTE]

Yes, WOO 11, when last seen in Basle in the ownership of Herr Traber, it was in much the same condition as I left it in 1969 apart from the ex F1 Brabham wheels,replaced with wheels suitable for CR65's, removal of the CR front brake calipers, and fitted with a 4-2 XK engine. The rose jointed rear end was still all there. It had competed in the Le Mans classic, then the FIA papers had been withdrawn, mainly on account of the 4-2 engine. I had been asked to verify the 4-2 had been used in period, which I refused to do. I believe the car is still in Herr Trabers ownership
Old 12 Nov 2010, 10:09 (Ref:2789036)   #16
john ruston
The Scarlet Pimpernel
Veteran

john ruston has a real shot at the podium!john ruston has a real shot at the podium!john ruston has a real shot at the podium!john ruston has a real shot at the podium!
Simon-You deserve an entry in something having done such a good job as Goodwoods PR man!
It would be very unusual for Goodwood to make a race part of a series.Has it happened before?

Sure Jag will bankrole it anyway as a one off .They are spending money within Historic Racing.It's Goodwood and high profile.
Old 12 Nov 2010, 10:49 (Ref:2789050)   #17
p261brm
Veteran

England
Shropshire & Oura
[QUOTE=john ruston;2789036]Simon-You deserve an entry in something having done such a good job as Goodwoods PR man!
QUOTE]

Basle September 03
Attached Thumbnails
woo11basle.JPG  

Last edited by p261brm; 12 Nov 2010 at 10:54.
Old 12 Nov 2010, 12:42 (Ref:2789102)   #18
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Quote:
Originally Posted by John Turner View Post
Well since Goodwood's race will be the culmination of a series of E type races during the year, presumably the 'regs' as such will already have been set, as to what are allowed to come out and play or will we see some extra 'Goodwood' specials for the final showdown? Presumably genuine lightweights and semi lightweights, original club racers, any original modsports E's (are there any left?) and one or two V12s (anyone remember Guy Bedington's?), all with provenance should take precedence over 'new' builds, or am I missing the point and being naive? JRs point is well made! It is a celebration of 50 years of the E type isn't?
While it would be great to see later E types out guess this would clash with the 1966 cut off date normally applied to races there? Maybe a display and / or parade of other cars would be workable.

Whatever format, am sure GW will be looking for some big bucks from Jaguar cars, so they will no doubt have some influence.
Old 12 Nov 2010, 12:50 (Ref:2789107)   #19
John Turner
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Pontesbury, Shropshire
True, Mike; I'd overlooked the cut off date.
Old 12 Nov 2010, 13:11 (Ref:2789117)   #20
john ruston
The Scarlet Pimpernel
Veteran

It will be a typical Goodwood invitation race.Their invited drivers of Jags past and receive a decent cheque from Jag cars.

Thats what Goodwoods all about and a very successful formula for a fruitful business venture.It works and they can afford to do their own thing.
Best of luck to them but it is entertainment chaps.HSCC series,no chance.

Think about it.

By the way is there a 66 cut off date for any of the other race series that include E Types.Thought quick ones were new.Looked at lap times of E Type that won GD race at Silverstone 6 years ago and todays lap times,very different.Same thing at Spa.
Old 12 Nov 2010, 14:42 (Ref:2789161)   #21
p261brm
Veteran

England
Shropshire & Oura
Quote:
Originally Posted by John Turner View Post
True, Mike; I'd overlooked the cut off date.
I seem to remember the goal posts being moved before 3litre GP cars?
Old 13 Nov 2010, 00:17 (Ref:2789414)   #22
Rob Bailey
Veteran

Rob Bailey should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridRob Bailey should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid

Be great if John Lewis let Roger Mac race his car.
Old 13 Nov 2010, 10:54 (Ref:2789581)   #23
lagedor
Rookie

France
France
lagedor should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
We plan to organise a Jaguar Only Race at l'Age d'Or next June. Still working on it...Interested ?
Patrick Quiniou
Old 13 Nov 2010, 12:08 (Ref:2789608)   #24
p261brm
Veteran

England
Shropshire & Oura
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob Bailey View Post
Be great if John Lewis let Roger Mac race his car.
Complete with rear wing of course
Old 13 Nov 2010, 14:40 (Ref:2789664)   #25
Colin McKay
Veteran

United Kingdom
Colin McKay should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridColin McKay should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
From the HSCC regs (but will these change for Goodwood?):

All vehicles must have FIA HTP and a Jaguar Heritage Production Record Trace Certificate to which the car must conform unrecorded modifications will not be accepted
. Continuation cars or replicas are not eligible.

Class Structure:
Class A. For Pre 66 specification cars complying with Homologation 100
Class B. For Pre 63 specification cars complying with Homologation 34

So that seems pretty clear cut. Goodwood won't be a decider coz it's not a championship, and I doubt if anyone will be counting anyway