Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Australasian Touring Cars.

View Poll Results: Who will replace Bairdo in the main series seat at TKR in 2005?
Andy Booth 1 1.23%
Fabian Coulthard 11 13.58%
John McIntyre 2 2.47%
Alan Gurr 14 17.28%
Matt Halliday 2 2.47%
Andrew Jones 1 1.23%
Mark Porter 20 24.69%
Paul Radisich 19 23.46%
Jason Richards 1 1.23%
Simon Wills 2 2.47%
Alex Yoong 4 4.94%
Anybody else? 4 4.94%
Voters: 81. You may not vote on this poll

Old 30 Sep 2004, 20:31 (Ref:1111695)   #26
Chappelli
Veteran

New Zealand
Auckland
Chappelli should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridChappelli should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Ouchies... How 'confirmed' is Bairdos departure??

What's the source of this info??

And when will we get a press release??
Old 30 Sep 2004, 21:44 (Ref:1111770)   #27
nicko
Racer

nicko should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I cant believe this news. I havnt heard anything bout this. Well i think Matt Halliday should get the drive, he is bloody quick, otherwise they can always choose me.
Old 30 Sep 2004, 21:59 (Ref:1111784)   #28
flyingduck
Veteran

flyingduck should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Again what is the situation with it being confirmed and where is he going. What do you think the team Kiwi is going to have to bring more of CASH or ability. On the cash front look at Porter
Old 30 Sep 2004, 22:02 (Ref:1111791)   #29
silvervsix
Racer

silvervsix should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Ford should give the team some money get them to jump ship get an ex SBR BA with engines or something from SBR put the RAT in the car and straight away have a car that is fast and will be a top ten car. It meets all the kiwi requirements they what.
Old 30 Sep 2004, 22:49 (Ref:1111829)   #30
105octane
Veteran

105octane should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by nicko
I cant believe this news. I havnt heard anything bout this. Well i think Matt Halliday should get the drive, he is bloody quick, otherwise they can always choose me.
Your right Halliday should get the drive definetly over you anyway nicko. He isnt getting any younger either the single seater dream must be a dead duck now as well eh.
Old 30 Sep 2004, 23:16 (Ref:1111840)   #31
jaytor
Racer

Australia
Melbourne
jaytor should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
If the Rat can keep it on the track!
Old 2 Oct 2004, 06:32 (Ref:1113082)   #32
Timu
Veteran

New Zealand
Waiuku, New Zealand
Timu should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by GTRMagic
Here's me wondering if Mr Gurr is a Kiwi?
I wonder if there is a rule within TKR to ban Aussie drivers.

I mean it is way to far against the ethics for TKR to show young drivers the pathway to a V8 Superacr drive, only to give an Aussie driver the gig!

That would *******ise the original TKR concept was created for.

Mind you the Boss is himself is from Twangstralia and it could be like other sporting codes, where if you can prove that your mother, father, uncle, auntie, neighbour, or hairdresser is from NZ you could be eligible.
Old 2 Oct 2004, 06:50 (Ref:1113092)   #33
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
If TKR was sponsored by commercial enterprises to the tune of the original plan, there would be a ladder to success in the wind.... the fact remains that corporate NZ is not rushing to join this team at any rate of knots, so it is a little harsh to say the least that the principles have been sold out because they cant make it cover its costs.

TKR is a preparation concern, it preps cars, it does not build them.... nothing stopping TKR from becoming David John Racing (although it would put a 2nd DJR in the series ) considering the level of funding from UnZud on the thing...
“Everybody Lies” - Dr Gregory House, House
“Trust But Verify” - Commissioner Frank Reagan, Blue Bloods
Old 2 Oct 2004, 07:56 (Ref:1113123)   #34
Evomike
Veteran

New Zealand
Auckland, New Zealand
Evomike should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Timu

Why should TKR provide yet another opportunity for a Kiwi driver to simply use and abuse without looking for the best driver around regardless of their nationality that can take TKR further up the grid. After all there is far more to a team than just a driver hence the name Team Kiwi Racing.

Over the last four years TKR, Mr John personally and sponsors (me included) have provided Kiwi drivers with a break into V8 Supercars, Chamiponship wins in the NZ V8 Touing car class and NZ 2.0ltr touring car class and as with Mr Baird TKR pulled him off of the not wanted pile when Team Brock left him out to dry back a few seasons ago.

Yet all of the drivers provided such opportunites have turned their backs on TKR when a new offer comes along that looks on the outside to be better than what TKR has provided. Just look at Jason Richards who has now gone to two other teams besides TKR and is still behind them in the Championship with the big budgets and Factory backing.

Ironic isn't it that if Mr Booth had any loyalty after TKR took him to a championship win last year in NZ he may well be getting his new drivers suit fitted for the lead drive with TKR in the V8 Supercar Championship in 2005 as we speak.

I for one could not care if an Australian was behind the wheel of the TKR machine moving forward as i know is the same for many of the TKR sponsors i have been in discussions with this week.

We as sponsors are all very tired of being used by Kiwi drivers who are not as loyal as their supporters are to providing the opportunities in the first place.

The discussion re if we should put another Kiwi in the car has already taken place this week and i know for a fact that not one sponsor was concerned if a Kiwi or Australian and or any other nationality of driver was behind the wheel of the TKR car next year with the underlying comment that all the teams sponsors are right behind Mr John 100% with what ever decision he makes that is the best for the team,

All the best to TKR for Bathurst. Baird and Porter may be the drivers at Bathurst but there is 12 other crew members who make sure everything is ready and goes right on the day and make up the team of Team Kiwi Racing.
Old 2 Oct 2004, 08:59 (Ref:1113138)   #35
pete55
Veteran

pete55 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Gee, now it's Greg Ritter to TKR.
Old 2 Oct 2004, 09:11 (Ref:1113147)   #36
Martin Collins
Rookie

New Zealand
Hampton Downs
Martin Collins should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Time to stop bagging our efforts on here people, we all do what we do to best of our ability and I personally thank Bairdo for his efforts this year. The team has continued to show you can take on the big boys of the sport at times but it's hard to beat their cheque books. We all look forward to Bathurst next week and I can tell you it will be the usual TEAM environment in our garage.

Last edited by Martin Collins; 2 Oct 2004 at 09:15.
Old 2 Oct 2004, 11:01 (Ref:1113226)   #37
Tracy
Veteran

New Zealand
Palmerston North, New Zealand
Tracy should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Hi All

Well as a loyal TKR supporter, I fully back up what Evomike has said - it is Team Kiwi, not just a driver! I personally wouldn't care what nationality the driver was if they could help the TEAM get further up the grid

And best of luck to TKR at Bathurst, look forward to the team continuing the 100% finish record, and also getting their best race result as well

Last edited by Tracy; 2 Oct 2004 at 11:10.
Old 2 Oct 2004, 23:50 (Ref:1113643)   #38
vipernz
Rookie

vipernz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Oh Andy Booth you missed this one mate. Good decision making there.

Oh will, hindsight is a wonderful thing.
Old 2 Oct 2004, 23:59 (Ref:1113645)   #39
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
I am sure TKR have their new driver lined up and ready to go... in their minds anyway... in many ways it is a credit to the team tha they havent flicked the departing driver now....

It is a strong operation with very good equipment, it is rare to see a TKR car have mechanical problems (other than an occassional engine) which is a sign of good preparation.

Having seen the drivers who have benefited from driving at his team end up elsewhere, I cant help but think that the faith the team puts into drivers isnt returned at a level commensurate with the input. So a driver may get more money going elsewhere, yet the team resurrected a driver's career, not once but twice (in Supercar anyway), but I guess that doesnt count for a lot compared to dollars in the bank.

My only suggestion moving forward is that the new signing should be put on a long term management deal, such that if they leave the team for any reason, a proportion of their future income is swept back to TKR.... whether this is in NZ or here....
Old 3 Oct 2004, 00:41 (Ref:1113656)   #40
Armco Bender
Llama Assassin and Sheep Botherer
Veteran

New Zealand
International Sheep Ambassador
Armco Bender is going for a new world record!Armco Bender is going for a new world record!Armco Bender is going for a new world record!Armco Bender is going for a new world record!Armco Bender is going for a new world record!Armco Bender is going for a new world record!Armco Bender is going for a new world record!
TKR need a Kiwi driver with money and experience,theres only one who can possibly fit the bill......

David Thexton
Old 3 Oct 2004, 00:49 (Ref:1113660)   #41
Tracy
Veteran

New Zealand
Palmerston North, New Zealand
Tracy should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Hi All

ROFLMAO The driver no one thought of ay
Old 3 Oct 2004, 01:24 (Ref:1113669)   #42
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....

I like that thinking....

Old 3 Oct 2004, 01:27 (Ref:1113672)   #43
Ellery31
Rookie

Ellery31 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Totally bring in Thecko
he is a Kiwi and all and he needs to be back in a drive
Old 3 Oct 2004, 02:34 (Ref:1113679)   #44
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
Interesting that since I modified the poll to include him, Mr Gurr is rocketing up the charts...
Old 3 Oct 2004, 05:21 (Ref:1113715)   #45
100 MPH
Rookie

New Zealand
Auckland
100 MPH should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
How about Angus Fogg?
Old 3 Oct 2004, 05:35 (Ref:1113718)   #46
retro
Veteran

Australia
....Qld....
retro should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridretro should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by Ellery31
Totally bring in Thecko
he is a Kiwi and all and he needs to be back in a drive
Mr Thexton could bring in plenty of sponsor money.

»-(¯`v´¯)-»........................The retro report........................©®»-(¯`v´¯)-» ê¿~

Disclaimer; the above is pure speculation and only posted for entertainment purposes!!!
Old 3 Oct 2004, 05:45 (Ref:1113719)   #47
arrows?
Rookie

arrows? should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
why not an old hand like Jim Richards?
Old 3 Oct 2004, 07:19 (Ref:1113752)   #48
105octane
Veteran

105octane should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Or an ANTIQUE like Kenny Smith!
Old 3 Oct 2004, 11:22 (Ref:1113886)   #49
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
Nah, the deal is as good as done... an announcement to be made this weel about one of the top 2 people in this poll
Old 3 Oct 2004, 13:02 (Ref:1113960)   #50
Vee8
Racer

Vee8 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Must be Mr Booth then because the way I hear it, Mr Coulthard has all of his eggs in the GMR basket.