Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > NASCAR & Stock Car Racing

Old 24 Feb 2012, 10:26 (Ref:3030295)   #1
Cynic
Veteran

England
Somwhere Near Reading.UK
Cynic should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
NASCAR 'Fan' Forums

Can anyone explain to me why the vast majority of the 'official' fan forums are so full of vitriol, flaminng, and *****ing? I know that Nascar has a reputation of being a redneck sport, and that by association the IQ of the average supporter is alleged to be in single numbers, but quite frankly I'm both appalled and amazed by some of the comments I see. Quite frankly some of the stuff on Nascars official website, if posted over here, would count as defamation and in some cases borderline libel. (especially if your surname happens to be Busch...)

Thoughts anyone?
Old 24 Feb 2012, 10:35 (Ref:3030303)   #2
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

Knowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Welcome to the internet.
Old 24 Feb 2012, 10:39 (Ref:3030304)   #3
MagnetON
Admin
Veteran

MagnetON
Dublin
MagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
NASCAR (or Hillbilly Bear Wrestling On Wheels) markets itself to the masses, and the masses have responded.

Quote:
Originally Posted by George Carlin
Think of how stupid the average person is and then realise that half of them are stupider than that!
On a more serious note, it's actually a testament to both the quality of users and the moderators on Tenths that this forum doesn't descend to the depths spoken of.
Old 24 Feb 2012, 12:46 (Ref:3030356)   #4
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Sounds as If I wanted to hear things written in the official NASCAR forum, I would merely need to just go hang out at some of the local dives on the outskirts of town.

Thankfully, I don't go to either, anymore.
Old 24 Feb 2012, 15:17 (Ref:3030426)   #5
JHamilton
Veteran

United States
Atlanta, GA
JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by MagnetON View Post
NASCAR (or Hillbilly Bear Wrestling On Wheels) markets itself to the masses, and the masses have responded.

On a more serious note, it's actually a testament to both the quality of users and the moderators on Tenths that this forum doesn't descend to the depths spoken of.
Hey **** you man! JUNIOR!!!!!

Old 24 Feb 2012, 15:23 (Ref:3030430)   #6
Purist
Veteran

United States
Wichita, Kansas, USA
Purist is going for a new world record!Purist is going for a new world record!Purist is going for a new world record!Purist is going for a new world record!Purist is going for a new world record!Purist is going for a new world record!
Take a look at the comments on "popular" YouTube videos, if you must. Plenty of those are just nasty, which is why I only comment on a very limited basis over there, and rarely read the comments at all.
Old 24 Feb 2012, 16:07 (Ref:3030448)   #7
St00ge
Veteran

St00ge should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I want to know why Nascars own website is so ****!!!
Old 24 Feb 2012, 19:30 (Ref:3030552)   #8
MJ_N_09
Veteran

United States
MJ_N_09 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Ladies and Gents. This is exactly why I ditched the Speed forums and stopped looking at the Nascar site or the Gamefaqs message boards for NASCAR. Very unprofessional posters with vendettas against each other. It's only this and Jayski I use for catching up on or discussing Nascar. I think we should spread the word about this place to get people to come here over the other boards, cause this site deserves it.

There are many good places on the internet for sharing opinions, but you need to know where to find them.