Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > NASCAR & Stock Car Racing

Old 12 Oct 2009, 22:03 (Ref:2560185)   #76
gomick
Race Official
Veteran

Australia
Gobur 3719...
gomick should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridgomick should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridgomick should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
45 race wins for JJ now - he just passed Bill Elliot on the "race win" list, next up Buck Baker...
Old 13 Oct 2009, 01:37 (Ref:2560282)   #77
muggle not
Veteran

United States
North Carolina, U.S.
muggle not should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridmuggle not should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by FPV8U View Post
Problem is at Talladega Jimmie will have 2-3 Team mates or associated cars helping to push along.

How would it sit at Team Hendrick is the #5 pushed the #42 for the win over the #48?

I would have to assume there would be "Team Orders" as such to try and work agaisnt JPM (If he is still their main rival) and push one another to victory lane.

Im rather new to the NASCAR so correct me if im wrong?
I think you are probably wrong. I beleive that either Jeff Gordon or Mark Martin would dump Johnson fast if it gave them a chance to win, or, if it closed the point gap for them. There are no team orders that says Johnson should win. None of the drivers will want to help their competition in the Chase, regardless of who it is.

If Gordon is pushing Johnson and they are running 1 - 2, I would bet a beer that Jeff would let him hang out to dry and try to get the win himself.
Old 13 Oct 2009, 01:39 (Ref:2560283)   #78
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by gomick View Post
45 race wins for JJ now - he just passed Bill Elliott on the "race win" list, next up Buck Baker...
your killin' me, man! i suspect he'll pass more than just Buck, too.

not bad for an offroad racer from Cali
Old 13 Oct 2009, 01:42 (Ref:2560284)   #79
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by muggle not View Post
I think you are probably wrong. I beleive that either Jeff Gordon or Mark Martin would dump Johnson fast if it gave them a chance to win, or, if it closed the point gap for them. There are no team orders that says Johnson should win. None of the drivers will want to help their competition in the Chase, regardless of who it is.

If Gordon is pushing Johnson and they are running 1 - 2, I would bet a beer that Jeff would let him hang out to dry and try to get the win himself.
most definitely...come the end of the race, ALL would dump the other.
Old 13 Oct 2009, 07:17 (Ref:2560377)   #80
FPV8U
Racer

Australia
3rd Rock from the Sun.
FPV8U should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Not exactly what i meant, i meant more as in would they encourage them not to help the #42 at all during the race to try and bury him in the pack..

Surely the three hendrick cars with all that power could near on form their own break away pack at the front.
Old 13 Oct 2009, 11:11 (Ref:2560495)   #81
gomick
Race Official
Veteran

Australia
Gobur 3719...
gomick should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridgomick should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridgomick should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
And Dale Jnr could join the group & do an Elliot Sadler
Old 13 Oct 2009, 20:45 (Ref:2560803)   #82
muggle not
Veteran

United States
North Carolina, U.S.
muggle not should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridmuggle not should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by FPV8U View Post
Not exactly what i meant, i meant more as in would they encourage them not to help the #42 at all during the race to try and bury him in the pack..

Surely the three hendrick cars with all that power could near on form their own break away pack at the front.
I tend to think that there are "NO" team orders. The drivers will hook-up with whoever they think will do them the most good at a given moment during the race. The racing partners keep changing during a race such as Dega. Tony and Jr used to be good partners for some reason and knew how to use each other during the race.
Old 13 Oct 2009, 20:55 (Ref:2560809)   #83
Clive Brown
Veteran

England
North-west Kent
Clive Brown should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
.... and a number of guys like drafting with JPM. The key thing in a drafting partner, apart from the obvious fact that he needs to be fast, is that he won't do anything to wreck you. Think Jimmie Johnson and Brian Vickers, then both HMS drivers, running against DEI's Dale Earnhardt Jr. in the Talladega race in the fall of 2006....
Old 13 Oct 2009, 23:01 (Ref:2560871)   #84
muggle not
Veteran

United States
North Carolina, U.S.
The thing I like about Dega is that a driver can go from 2nd to 15th in a split second. When they get hung out to dry they drop like a lead baloon. Makes it interesting.
Old 14 Oct 2009, 01:19 (Ref:2560926)   #85
JHamilton
Veteran

United States
Atlanta, GA
JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by gomick View Post
45 race wins for JJ now - he just passed Bill Elliot on the "race win" list, next up Buck Baker...
I just threw up.

...on a positive he will NEVER have Bill's lap record at dega.
Old 14 Oct 2009, 08:55 (Ref:2561091)   #86
FIRE
Race Official
Veteran

Netherlands
FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by muggle not View Post
The thing I like about Dega is that a driver can go from 2nd to 15th in a split second. When they get hung out to dry they drop like a lead baloon. Makes it interesting.
and a lottery...but fun to watch.
Old 10 Dec 2011, 02:07 (Ref:2997849)   #87
Jpmfan
Rookie

United States
Royal Palm Beach FL.
Jpmfan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
About jpm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knowlesy View Post
Wow, 30 races already and the 1/3 point of the Chase. Doesn't time move on...

A look back at the spring results shows a strong Chase presence even then...
Hi , you must be a big Montoya fan, I want to see pictures of all the diecast from JPM, please, how can we do that? I have some cars from him too, thanks