Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > NASCAR & Stock Car Racing

Old 6 Dec 2011, 11:46 (Ref:2995973)   #1
expaddockrunner
Racer

United Kingdom
coventry
expaddockrunner should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Daytona 500 ticket choice!

Looking at the daytona international speedway website for tickets for the 500 in feb,
which is the best ticket that ten tenthers around the world would say is the best.
just a basic grandstand ticket or one of the all inclusive tickets that gives you sometimes a 3day ticket and food/drink buffet

i used a package for the homestead meeting a few years ago, called the champions club.

Last edited by expaddockrunner; 6 Dec 2011 at 11:48. Reason: somethink i forgot to add
Old 6 Dec 2011, 12:09 (Ref:2995978)   #2
FordCosworthPanoz
Veteran

Bermuda
Flatts Village
FordCosworthPanoz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridFordCosworthPanoz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridFordCosworthPanoz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by expaddockrunner View Post
Looking at the daytona international speedway website for tickets for the 500 in feb,
which is the best ticket that ten tenthers around the world would say is the best.
just a basic grandstand ticket or one of the all inclusive tickets that gives you sometimes a 3day ticket and food/drink buffet

i used a package for the homestead meeting a few years ago, called the champions club.
Best "seats" are up in the Petty and Earnhardt towers because you don't feel like you're being squashed in like canned sardines. But up there you almost feel like you're too far away from the circuit. I'd personally recommend the top 5 rows of the Roberts Tower, covered, so you get shade and protection from rain and wind. You can also see the entire track except the entrance of turn 3 blocked by the goodyear building (bring binocs), and you are right in front of the exit of pit road. Try to get a seat in the sections of the roberts tower further towards the finish line, top 5 rows. Seats themselves are really uncomfortable though.

P.S. Before I could get Hot Paddock (Garage) Passes, I always made sure I bought a ticket for the Sprint Fanzone. Make sure you get a ticket for that as well.

Will miss out on Daytona this year (going to Richmond and the Nurburgring) but been there the last 6 years. Also as a foreign visitor like me, I'd recommend a hospitality package (Raceaway hospit and racetickets.com seem best)
Old 7 Dec 2011, 09:14 (Ref:2996328)   #3
expaddockrunner
Racer

United Kingdom
coventry
expaddockrunner should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Mr fordcosworth,

you said about "so you get shade and protection from rain and wind" shade i dont mind but would love to avoid the rain, it is the so called sunshine state, but after the recent meeting at homestead miami, it does not look good.
i have been in orlando during the speedweeks timeframe, and it rained for about 10 days out of 14!