Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 30 Oct 2013, 22:52 (Ref:3325306)   #51
Mr V
Veteran

England
The city of bridges (one day!)
Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!
With all the wealth that the Chilton's have, you'd think that they could afford a better hairdresser !
Old 31 Oct 2013, 01:00 (Ref:3325336)   #52
Paradise City
Veteran

Bhutan
Dublin
Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!
Max Chilton is going to get criticism. He's a public figure and has chosen this path, criticism from the public is part and parcel of that.

Whether criticism is merited isn't dependent on whether said critic could peddle an F1 car faster. That's complete nonsense.

In F1 terms, Max Chilton is remarkable in that he is completely unremarkable. I'm not that sure there is much more to say about him really. A Pedro Diniz figure perhaps but not a Taki Inoue basically.
Old 31 Oct 2013, 01:19 (Ref:3325338)   #53
Hawkwood
Veteran

United Kingdom
Warrington
Hawkwood should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHawkwood should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paradise City View Post
Max Chilton is going to get criticism. He's a public figure and has chosen this path, criticism from the public is part and parcel of that.

Whether criticism is merited isn't dependent on whether said critic could peddle an F1 car faster. That's complete nonsense.

In F1 terms, Max Chilton is remarkable in that he is completely unremarkable. I'm not that sure there is much more to say about him really. A Pedro Diniz figure perhaps but not a Taki Inoue basically.
Whoa whoa whoa, let's not bring Pedro into this!
My favourite driver of the late-90s and early 2000s because he got such a slating off Martin Brundle at one point.
He's also one of the very very few pay-drivers who managed to turn themselves into paid drivers.
Old 31 Oct 2013, 06:54 (Ref:3325393)   #54
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
There was Niki Lauda too. Although not parent funded (IIRC).

I enjoy the attempts to apply idealism to F1, or life in general. Difficult isn't it?

Anyway, they're a couple of kids doing alright. However funded. I saw Max with his girlfriend at Goodwood Revival this year. To be fair I noticed her first, very tall. So, you'll be pleased to know he has all the trappings of an F1 driver
Old 31 Oct 2013, 07:12 (Ref:3325398)   #55
wnut
Veteran

wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawkwood View Post
Whoa whoa whoa, let's not bring Pedro into this!
My favourite driver of the late-90s and early 2000s because he got such a slating off Martin Brundle at one point.
He's also one of the very very few pay-drivers who managed to turn themselves into paid drivers.
There you go Mr. V
Old 31 Oct 2013, 07:56 (Ref:3325404)   #56
ace007
Racer

ace007 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Seriously worrying to see Chilton blocking Hulk at Force India and Maldo at Lotus... If this trend continues, the audience will start to look elsewhere... A real shame
Old 31 Oct 2013, 08:10 (Ref:3325412)   #57
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Yes. not only that, but Motorsport generally will be dead to them.
Old 31 Oct 2013, 08:31 (Ref:3325425)   #58
Biscuits In A Red Bull
Veteran

United Kingdom
Biscuits In A Red Bull should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridBiscuits In A Red Bull should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
But the Hulk potential and has seriously embarrassed F1's established "elites" so many times it's hard to argue that he isn't as good as Hamilton/Alonso... ...to see him on the sidelines will just turn F1 into a joke...
Old 31 Oct 2013, 08:47 (Ref:3325430)   #59
Mr V
Veteran

England
The city of bridges (one day!)
Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by wnut View Post
There you go Mr. V
Aye ? I'm confused.com
Old 31 Oct 2013, 18:59 (Ref:3325585)   #60
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Quote:
Originally Posted by Biscuits In A Red Bull View Post
But the Hulk potential and has seriously embarrassed F1's established "elites" so many times it's hard to argue that he isn't as good as Hamilton/Alonso... ...to see him on the sidelines will just turn F1 into a joke...
Yes, that'll be the thing that turns F1 into a joke. Ha, I say to F1, at the very thought.

I think it is hard to argue that he isn't better than Hamilton/Alonso/Vettel/Massa.
Old 31 Oct 2013, 20:36 (Ref:3325617)   #61
Paradise City
Veteran

Bhutan
Dublin
Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!
Sorry? Max Chilton is going to Force India and not only that, he edges out the Hulk? Is that what's going to happen? Surely, not.
Old 31 Oct 2013, 20:42 (Ref:3325620)   #62
ace007
Racer

ace007 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paradise City View Post
Sorry? Max Chilton is going to Force India and not only that, he edges out the Hulk? Is that what's going to happen? Surely, not.
Nothing new. Just getting worse and worse... $$ talks more and more
Old 31 Oct 2013, 23:48 (Ref:3325705)   #63
wnut
Veteran

wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr V View Post
Aye ? I'm confused.com
Martin sinking his boots into non British drivers.

When did you ever see him attack a British driver like he attacked Schumacher on his comeback?

Have you ever seen him hypercritical about a British driver?
Old 31 Oct 2013, 23:48 (Ref:3325706)   #64
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
People talking rubbish. Nothing new.
Old 4 Nov 2013, 09:13 (Ref:3326904)   #65
csirl
Subscriber
Racer

csirl should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Max's poor performance in Abu Dhabi isnt helping his cause.
Old 4 Nov 2013, 09:22 (Ref:3326910)   #66
Biscuits In A Red Bull
Veteran

United Kingdom
Biscuits In A Red Bull should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridBiscuits In A Red Bull should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
It was plain awful, but then this is Max Chilton. His fellow "pay driver" in Geido van der Garde is actually the fastest of the young team drivers right now and has been looking very promising ever since he got the Caterham into Q2 at a damp Monaco GP circuit.
Old 4 Nov 2013, 09:36 (Ref:3326917)   #67
steve_r
Veteran

Lord Howe Island
European Capital of Culture 2008
steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!
Didn't he finish just a few seconds behind his teammate?

Both Marussia's were well off the pace in the race.
Old 6 Nov 2013, 22:01 (Ref:3328246)   #68
m355y
Racer

m355y should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridm355y should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridm355y should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Biscuits In A Red Bull View Post
It was plain awful, but then this is Max Chilton. His fellow "pay driver" in Geido van der Garde is actually the fastest of the young team drivers right now and has been looking very promising ever since he got the Caterham into Q2 at a damp Monaco GP circuit.
Van Der Garde has always had one thing a lot of the GP2 graduates don't, raw speed. You could see that back in the tail end of 09 when he was the form driver. He's been ok this season after a shaky start.
Old 6 Nov 2013, 22:29 (Ref:3328259)   #69
chunder
Veteran

England
Stevenage
chunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridchunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridchunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Sorry but whe you see stories about "record breaker" Chilton being bandied about on other sites, and that only because he has some consecutive finishes, it is rather embarrassing.

The guy might be very pleasant and all that, but the pair of them have been in some very good gear over many years, Tom is getting his butt kicked by a 50 year old in touring cars and Max has pretty much been outpaced by his team mate

if his career in F1 lasts another year it will be amazing, sportscars and the endless field of talent that type of racing seems to need beckon methinks.
Old 11 Nov 2013, 09:39 (Ref:3329884)   #70
csirl
Subscriber
Racer

csirl should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
No doubt Chilton will be added to the following website in due course.

http://www.f1rejects.com/
Old 11 Nov 2013, 17:23 (Ref:3330002)   #71
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

Knowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Martin sinking his boots into non British drivers.

When did you ever see him attack a British driver like he attacked Schumacher on his comeback?

Have you ever seen him hypercritical about a British driver?
I can't say I have ever seen him hypercritical on any subject.
Old 11 Nov 2013, 18:05 (Ref:3330019)   #72
Biscuits In A Red Bull
Veteran

United Kingdom
Quote:
Originally Posted by Knowlesy View Post
He was very annoyed with Big Charlie after the 2011 Canadian GP was started under safety car.
Old 11 Nov 2013, 18:08 (Ref:3330020)   #73
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

Knowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Well, that's fair enough really.
Old 11 Nov 2013, 23:55 (Ref:3330194)   #74
wnut
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knowlesy View Post
He was very supportive of TGF's return, and every move he made on the track he was.
Old 12 Nov 2013, 05:28 (Ref:3330256)   #75
chunterer
Race Official
Veteran

chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!
Quote:
He was very supportive of TGF's return, and every move he made on the track he was.
I would've thought there is one glaring exception to that.