Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 12 Nov 2013, 10:56 (Ref:3330327)   #51
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by VIVA GT View Post
I was thinking the same thing.

Because at least he has experience and I would expect his pace to be far better than any rookie. The team needs points for the end of the season.
(I admit that I did overrate Kovalainen during his McLaren days and it took me a while to accept that he wasn't as good as I thought he was, but I still think he'd be a much safer bet than someone without the experience...)
Understood but IMO he was an also ran from day one. Also when they shoved him in as test driver at Caterham IIRC he was slower than the rookies.

A rookie will bring attention. An also ran wouldn't.
Old 12 Nov 2013, 11:25 (Ref:3330332)   #52
BertMk2
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Nr Maidstone, Kent
BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!
Surely if they were going to run Valesechi (spelling?) they'd have just announced that straight away - it does suggest they're not keen on the rookie route for the last couple of races. They still have a chance of beating Ferrari in the constructors championship so they need someone that can deliver points. Getting Hulkenburg seems the obvious choice as he can just walk away from Sauber (having not been paid). Maldonado would be the other obvious option to pursue - he's in contention for a drive with the team next year anyway and his relationship with Williams has clearly broken down so they may release him early. (Then we can start another thread about who'll be in the Williams ).
Old 12 Nov 2013, 11:34 (Ref:3330333)   #53
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Hmm, the fatal flaw there is that you think Maldonado would score points.
Old 12 Nov 2013, 11:37 (Ref:3330334)   #54
ace007
Racer

ace007 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter Mallett View Post
No but definitely worth the show!...
Old 12 Nov 2013, 11:41 (Ref:3330337)   #55
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
ooh you bad person.
Old 12 Nov 2013, 11:43 (Ref:3330339)   #56
BertMk2
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Nr Maidstone, Kent
BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!
Quote:
No, no, no! Personally I think he's a liability but he's an obvious choice for the team to pursue - he's driven the track before and is disgruntled where he is so might be available. Oh - he's a proven race winner I still don't quite understand how that happened.
Old 12 Nov 2013, 11:51 (Ref:3330344)   #57
bella
Race Official
Veteran

France
bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!
don't worry, i don't think maldonado himself does either
Old 12 Nov 2013, 13:02 (Ref:3330373)   #58
BSchneiderFan
Veteran

United Kingdom
London, UK
BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!
Do we know how much time (if any) Valsecchi has spent in the car/sim?
Old 12 Nov 2013, 13:44 (Ref:3330387)   #59
bella
Race Official
Veteran

France
bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!
he definitely had a half day or so in the car during pre-season testing when kimi was ill/flight issues/cba. as for the simulator... difficult to tell. but given that kimi doesn't like simulators and romain can't do everything you'd have to estimate that he's had a decent crack at it?
Old 12 Nov 2013, 14:37 (Ref:3330405)   #60
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

Knowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragger View Post
LOL, well played sir.

Pre-Kimi, who was the last to win for the "Lotus" team, Alonso 2006?

I think the last to win for Lotus the brand was 1978, Andretti?
Senna, 1987. Detroit.

Irrelevant of course, as the teams have no connection whatsoever. And Lotus, as a name, wasn't even in the sport for about sixteen years.
Old 13 Nov 2013, 10:29 (Ref:3330765)   #61
Alan Raine
Veteran

England
Hale, Cheshire
Alan Raine should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridAlan Raine should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridAlan Raine should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridAlan Raine should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Others have decided to do the same

http://sniffpetrol.com/2013/11/13/mo...ast-two-races/
Old 13 Nov 2013, 14:10 (Ref:3330835)   #62
davyboy
Veteran

davyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan Raine View Post
Sniff Petrol are brilliant !
Old 13 Nov 2013, 19:09 (Ref:3330963)   #63
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
That really is rather good......
Old 13 Nov 2013, 19:13 (Ref:3330965)   #64
garcon
Weasel Wrangler
Veteran

Antarctica
Wilmslow, Cheshire
garcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
On his licence, possibly...
Old 13 Nov 2013, 19:54 (Ref:3330979)   #65
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Speeding? Or Due Care?
Old 14 Nov 2013, 01:41 (Ref:3331092)   #66
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
So Heikki is announced for the US GP. Oh well they'll need Romaine to work doubly hard now.
Old 14 Nov 2013, 02:19 (Ref:3331096)   #67
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
After all these years, I still don't understand F1 - or modern F1, at least.......
Old 14 Nov 2013, 08:09 (Ref:3331141)   #68
Alan Raine
Veteran

England
Hale, Cheshire
Alan Raine should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridAlan Raine should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridAlan Raine should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridAlan Raine should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Apparently the asked Schumacher as well

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/for...ent-again.html
Old 14 Nov 2013, 08:15 (Ref:3331143)   #69
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
He said no.