Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Classic Cars Monthly Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Historic Racing & Motorsport History > Historic Racing Today

Old 15 Sep 2017, 20:52 (Ref:3767205)   #76
delta
Subscriber
Veteran

United Kingdom
Reading UK
delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by gary396 View Post
It states the 14th Sept on-screen initially but if you click Live Timing it appears to be correct (I think):

P.S. I already regret not going this year!
Next year Gazza . I would of won the lotto , GT40 for 6 hour . You can be team manager .
Old 15 Sep 2017, 22:08 (Ref:3767229)   #77
gary396
Veteran

United Kingdom
Northallerton
gary396 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridgary396 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by delta View Post
Next year Gazza . I would of won the lotto , GT40 for 6 hour . You can be team manager .
You're on!

At Croft tomorrow - won't be the same somehow.
Old 16 Sep 2017, 06:04 (Ref:3767300)   #78
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Attleborough- 5 minutes from Snet!
Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
It may be same weather!

We survived all 3 qualifying sessions somehow. The first was Jag Challenge, which was wet track but not raining. James and I just did 3 laps each in his E Type and left it at that. Race is early Sunday afternoon so could be anything.... Gentleman Drivers qualifying was next, and we'd had another rain shower, but track got drier all session. Again Simon and I just did 3 laps each in his SLR, but did debate waiting until the last minute to see if track quicker. Decided not to as 6 hr qualifying was immediately after, and needed to be ready for that.... Rick went out first in the +4 (#71) and was immediately going quickly, but came in after a few laps with tyre marks all the way down the LH side. Simon went out next, came back in without further incident, and I was tail end Charlie. After 2 laps the session was red flagged for a dea GT40 (well off track and already being recovered ), so I had to sit and wait before doing one more lap. Car then boxed, doors shut and we legged it to the booked restaurant. Can't be taking this motor racing too seriously.....
Old 16 Sep 2017, 06:09 (Ref:3767301)   #79
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Saw on Twitter that there's a Falcon being driven by The Frankels. Richard Frankel, Andrew Frankel and Monkey Frankel. The latter being Harris. Also not taking it too seriously.
Old 16 Sep 2017, 07:04 (Ref:3767313)   #80
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Thinking more, the drains at Croft are probably less whiffy!

Thanks, Peter, someone said there was a third Frankel listed, but I hadn't looked. Chris 'Monkey' Harris a very good driver!

Nice to have a decent team next to us with the Elva GT160.
Old 16 Sep 2017, 07:40 (Ref:3767320)   #81
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Thick fog at certain points of circuit according to Marcus P. Masters touring cars done half race following SC......
Old 16 Sep 2017, 08:26 (Ref:3767322)   #82
356sc
Veteran

United Kingdom
Camberley
356sc should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Has anyone found online Quali times yet....they don't seem to be in the usual place
60s endurance 1965 356sc #49
Mag 7's #60
Old 16 Sep 2017, 08:32 (Ref:3767324)   #83
Alan Morgan
Veteran

Alan Morgan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
They're here...

http://ris-timing.be/six-hours-of-sp...eptember-2017/

Live timing (although it's not very good)

http://www.ris-timing.be/circuit/6hspa/2017/live.htm
Old 16 Sep 2017, 08:38 (Ref:3767325)   #84
356sc
Veteran

United Kingdom
Camberley
Thanks Alan.... not sure why but the 6hour Quali times still haven't been posted......folks appealing times, scrutineers penalising non standard cars, CoC deleting lap times for infringements?!! The possibilities are endless!!!
Mag 7's #60
Old 16 Sep 2017, 08:47 (Ref:3767328)   #85
8en
Rookie

United Kingdom
South West
8en should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Does anyone no if the driver of the number 23 Lotus 23b is ok? I was at Eau Rouge when it happened, nasty looking accident.
Old 16 Sep 2017, 09:30 (Ref:3767333)   #86
356sc
Veteran

United Kingdom
Camberley
Quali times now been posted....GT40's dominating occupying 13 of the top 15 spots!
Mag 7's #60
Old 16 Sep 2017, 16:37 (Ref:3767455)   #87
andy97
Veteran

United Kingdom
Castle Donington
andy97 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridandy97 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by 356sc View Post
Quali times now been posted....GT40's dominating occupying 13 of the top 15 spots!
Ok, I will ask the obvious question, how many were brand spanking new?
Old 16 Sep 2017, 17:18 (Ref:3767470)   #88
356sc
Veteran

United Kingdom
Camberley
Mag 7's #60
Old 16 Sep 2017, 17:21 (Ref:3767473)   #89
Tim Falce
Race Official
Veteran

England
Very edge of S E London almost in Kent
Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by andy97 View Post
Ok, I will ask the obvious question, how many were brand spanking new?
Wouldn't it be quicker to ask how many are original?
Old 16 Sep 2017, 17:39 (Ref:3767487)   #90
zefarelly
Veteran

European Union
zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!
I just noted we seem to have got to that 2:42 lap time.
Old 16 Sep 2017, 17:41 (Ref:3767489)   #91
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Not good for tenthers so far.... looks like the Elva had a failure going through Blanchimont, so out. I had a great first 20 mins or so until hit in the drivers door by a spinning TES1E. I went wide at La Source to let the GT40 through, and he decided to swap ends and hit the Morgan with the arse. The drivers door was jammed on the steering wheel so I had to stop and get pushed into a refuge. After a few minutes thinking I swung on the roll cage from the other side and kicked the door clear so the steering worked again! Marshals helped me back in through left door and I was able to drive back to pits. 15 minutes with big hammers and tape and I rejoined.....

Really gutted as I was completely 'just minding my own business'. Thats not my favourite GT40 any more.
Old 16 Sep 2017, 17:48 (Ref:3767492)   #92
zefarelly
Veteran

European Union
zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!
It doesn't really look like a race that's suitable for old cars any more.
Old 16 Sep 2017, 18:11 (Ref:3767509)   #93
Tim Falce
Race Official
Veteran

England
Very edge of S E London almost in Kent
Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by zefarelly View Post
I just noted we seem to have got to that 2:42 lap time.
FFS don't mention the war
Old 16 Sep 2017, 18:30 (Ref:3767514)   #94
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Was thinking the very same. Henry Hope Frost is there this year. His first time. You'd think that someone with historic racing in his DNA would be there every year. But no only when there are hordes of GT40s and Cobras.
Old 16 Sep 2017, 18:31 (Ref:3767515)   #95
356sc
Veteran

United Kingdom
Camberley
Quote:
Sad but true!

We have always wanted to run the 356 in this, but we would be so outgunned now, it would be scary!
Mag 7's #60
Old 16 Sep 2017, 18:39 (Ref:3767524)   #96
zefarelly
Veteran

European Union
Since I first went in 2002 I was smitten, for a few years it seemed attainable. I remember the Maskell family doing it in an Anglia. By the time I'd got a few years racing under my belt, the $ was worthless and it went Falcon/'stang, then soon after new cars crept it. To think the Kennedys won the class Ina Falcon lapping in the teens and low 3:20's and you could safely compete lapping around 3:30 ten years ago. The rules haven't changed.

From a purist perspective, historic racing is ****ed, right royally up the arse. Sad.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 356sc View Post
Sad but true!

We have always wanted to run the 356 in this, but we would be so outgunned now, it would be scary!
Old 16 Sep 2017, 20:05 (Ref:3767572)   #97
john ruston
The Scarlet Pimpernel
Veteran

john ruston has a real shot at the podium!john ruston has a real shot at the podium!john ruston has a real shot at the podium!john ruston has a real shot at the podium!
Pity Mike B got stuffed by another super hero!
Old 16 Sep 2017, 21:17 (Ref:3767621)   #98
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Quote:
Originally Posted by john ruston View Post
Pity Mike B got stuffed by another super hero!
Well, at least we finished John. I was really sorry to see the Elva stopped at Blanchimont, but Gareth did well not to connect with the scenery!
Old 16 Sep 2017, 22:29 (Ref:3767657)   #99
grantp
Subscriber
Veteran

grantp should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridgrantp should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridgrantp should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
According to the DVLA MOT records TES1E is a Silver Range Rover.

What were the organisers thinking?

Old 17 Sep 2017, 00:03 (Ref:3767702)   #100
grantp
Subscriber
Veteran

grantp should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridgrantp should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridgrantp should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
I note that the "6 Hours" actually ran for 5hrs and 11 minutes as far as the winners were concerned.

Presumably a delayed start for some reason or were there problems with track conditions at the end?

Now I know that the race usually ends up being less than 6 hours but mostly they seem to make around 5 1/2 hours. Just over 5 seems a little short.

One wonders if knowing that would significantly change a race strategy for individual driver time and refueling stops.

Following on from that, if a team could influence the start time of the race somehow they might gain competitive advantage ....