Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Classic Cars Monthly Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Historic Racing & Motorsport History > Historic Racing Today

Closed Thread

Old 10 Feb 2017, 18:06 (Ref:3711430)   #501
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Attleborough- 5 minutes from Snet!
Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by John Elwin View Post
Spliffing good idea!!

Pay for a lot of racing, wouldn't it?
certainly would......

There's a 'news bite' in the Metro freepaper today- an anonymous petrolhead has bought an underground carpark near Hyde Park (underneath a luxury apartment block), just for his cars. 130 spaces, £21m........
Old 11 Feb 2017, 09:32 (Ref:3711499)   #502
GORDON STREETER
Veteran

Spain
Kent+Mojacar Spain, but not always ?
GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Bell View Post
certainly would......

There's a 'news bite' in the Metro freepaper today- an anonymous petrolhead has bought an underground carpark near Hyde Park (underneath a luxury apartment block), just for his cars. 130 spaces, £21m........
Well as I had a bit of spare cash kicking about I decided to spend it !
Balls of steel (knob of butter) They're Asking For Larkins. ( Proper beer) not you're Eurofizz crap. Hace más calor en España. Me han conocido a hablar un montón cojones! Send any cheques and cash to PO box 1 Lagos Nigeria Africa !
Old 11 Feb 2017, 09:43 (Ref:3711500)   #503
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Spliffing good idea!!

Pay for a lot of racing, wouldn't it?
Already been done, allegedly.
Old 11 Feb 2017, 09:53 (Ref:3711502)   #504
John Elwin
Veteran

France
Pas de Calais
John Elwin should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridJohn Elwin should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter Mallett View Post
Already been done, allegedly.
Surely not...!!!
Old 11 Feb 2017, 10:03 (Ref:3711504)   #505
bauble
Veteran

England
Potton, far from the madding crowd.
bauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Surely not...!!!
Vic Lee
Old 11 Feb 2017, 10:20 (Ref:3711505)   #506
John Elwin
Veteran

France
Pas de Calais
John Elwin should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridJohn Elwin should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by bauble View Post
Vic Lee

Trust you to spill the beans. He's not the only one though...
Old 11 Feb 2017, 10:27 (Ref:3711508)   #507
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Today-
"Around 794lb (360kg) of cocaine with a potential value of £50 million has washed up on two beaches in Norfolk."
Anyone to buy "smoking" salmon coming from Norforlkroric area
Old 11 Feb 2017, 10:39 (Ref:3711512)   #508
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Trust you to spill the beans. He's not the only one though...
Indeed there have been others, rather disappointingly.

As we are discussing the find of a consignment of Cocaine may I suggest a rousing chorus of "Comfortably Numb"?

On the subject of drugs, it is well known that a high proportion of a certain country's GDP is derived from hash. There are many apps one can download for the phone which can be used to track cycle rides etc. One should always be careful how they are used because they do upload to the interweb. If you look carefully some drug runners are even daft enough to post the run they did last week!

I kid you not.
Old 11 Feb 2017, 10:48 (Ref:3711513)   #509
John Elwin
Veteran

France
Pas de Calais
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gerard C View Post
Anyone to buy "smoking" salmon coming from Norforlkroric area
Not too much salmon to be found in Norfolk, I'm afraid to say, Gerard.

Cromer, in particular, is famous for the best crabs in the world though.
Old 11 Feb 2017, 10:49 (Ref:3711514)   #510
John Elwin
Veteran

France
Pas de Calais
Quote:
Indeed there have been others, rather disappointingly.

As we are discussing the find of a consignment of Cocaine may I suggest a rousing chorus of "Comfortably Numb"?

On the subject of drugs, it is well known that a high proportion of a certain country's GDP is derived from hash. There are many apps one can download for the phone which can be used to track cycle rides etc. One should always be careful how they are used because they do upload to the interweb. If you look carefully some drug runners are even daft enough to post the run they did last week!

I kid you not.
You do delve into some murky places, Peter!

No doubt our resident cyclist will be along soon...
Old 11 Feb 2017, 10:49 (Ref:3711515)   #511
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Quote:
Cromer, in particular, is famous for the best crabs in the world though.
Not the only place famous for crabs.
Old 11 Feb 2017, 10:52 (Ref:3711516)   #512
John Elwin
Veteran

France
Pas de Calais
Quote:
Not the only place famous for crabs.

Ah, but I did say 'best crabs' - and I am talking about shellfish!
Old 11 Feb 2017, 11:16 (Ref:3711519)   #513
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!
Ah, John, you meant selfish crabs. In your area may I suggest Knokke, La Panne and may be Le Touquet or Hardelot beaches ?
But after all, motor racing is not the "sole" activity which too much made me go blind though … What ?
Old 11 Feb 2017, 11:30 (Ref:3711520)   #514
John Elwin
Veteran

France
Pas de Calais
Quote:
Ah, John, you meant selfish crabs. In your area may I suggest Knokke, La Panne and may be Le Touquet or Hardelot beaches ?
But after all, motor racing is not the "sole" activity which too much made me go blind though … What ?
I should think any shellfish in Le Touquet are still in hiding after last weekend!

It was the biggest motorsport event of the year in our area, with the 3-hour beach endure taking place on what was a bitterly cold Sunday. Something like 1,098 'bikes took the start, making for quite a spectacle. With three days of activity, including quad, vintage & junior races, some 405,000 visitors were attracted to the town over the weekend according to the local paper, which gave the event 12 pages of coverage on Monday morning! Made for great TV too.
Old 11 Feb 2017, 11:36 (Ref:3711523)   #515
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Good to see that Thierry Sabine's initiative is still alive. The refueling area has always been entertaining. Le Chat Bleu stock of chocolates must be low by now !
Old 11 Feb 2017, 11:45 (Ref:3711526)   #516
John Elwin
Veteran

France
Pas de Calais
Quote:
Good to see that Thierry Sabine's initiative is still alive. The refueling area has always been entertaining. Le Chat Bleu stock of chocolates must be low by now !
It's an amazing event.

I think hot chocolate was probably more in demand last weekend, as tempting as Le Chat Bleu is!
Old 11 Feb 2017, 12:50 (Ref:3711528)   #517
John Elwin
Veteran

France
Pas de Calais
Quote:
I should think any shellfish in Le Touquet are still in hiding after last weekend!

It was the biggest motorsport event of the year in our area, with the 3-hour beach endure taking place on what was a bitterly cold Sunday. Something like 1,098 'bikes took the start, making for quite a spectacle. With three days of activity, including quad, vintage & junior races, some 405,000 visitors were attracted to the town over the weekend according to the local paper, which gave the event 12 pages of coverage on Monday morning! Made for great TV too.
Le Touquet highlights are on Motors TV now.
Old 11 Feb 2017, 16:53 (Ref:3711557)   #518
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!
I must have walked miles on the beach this afternoon- didn't find a thing.... Lot of peeps about for some reason!

Dropped into a couple of dealerships on way home to gen up on EVs. Finally found one I can afford....
Attached Thumbnails
image.jpeg  
Old 11 Feb 2017, 17:21 (Ref:3711560)   #519
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Is that the new one you gonna "pedaling" this season, Mike ?
Old 11 Feb 2017, 19:13 (Ref:3711567)   #520
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Quote:
Is that the new one you gonna "pedaling" this season, Mike ?
Yes, joining the modern race scene..... Bit of work needed for scrutineering though.
Old 11 Feb 2017, 19:33 (Ref:3711568)   #521
grantp
Subscriber
Veteran

grantp should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridgrantp should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridgrantp should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Yes, joining the modern race scene..... Bit of work needed for scrutineering though.
Looks like you may need to extend the roll hoop Mike.

Other than that it looks fine.
Old 15 Feb 2017, 20:07 (Ref:3712451)   #522
bauble
Veteran

England
Potton, far from the madding crowd.
bauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Passed by an undertakers this afternoon, and saw the notice outside;

'Parking for customers only'

Strangely enough all of the spaces were empty.
Old 16 Feb 2017, 08:32 (Ref:3712539)   #523
terence
Veteran

Germany
Nordschleife
terence should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridterence should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Yet another business failing or is it just dying off.
Old 16 Feb 2017, 08:44 (Ref:3712542)   #524
John Elwin
Veteran

France
Pas de Calais
Quote:
Originally Posted by terence View Post
Yet another business failing or is it just dying off.

Maybe they just weren't thinking 'out of the box'.
Old 16 Feb 2017, 08:46 (Ref:3712543)   #525
John Elwin
Veteran

France
Pas de Calais
Quote:
Maybe they just weren't thinking 'out of the box'.

... or maybe Bauble didn't read the small print that said 'Space reserved for Bauble'
Closed Thread