Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 20 Feb 2018, 13:11 (Ref:3802624)   #126
JeremySmith
Veteran

United Kingdom
Austin Texas
JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!
I think it’s rather ugly I’m afraid ..
Old 20 Feb 2018, 13:21 (Ref:3802628)   #127
Moneyseeker
Veteran

Moneyseeker is going for a new lap record!Moneyseeker is going for a new lap record!Moneyseeker is going for a new lap record!Moneyseeker is going for a new lap record!Moneyseeker is going for a new lap record!Moneyseeker is going for a new lap record!
What a terrible livery, engine cover looks like it is borrowed from another car, not linked into the overall car livery at all.
Old 20 Feb 2018, 14:23 (Ref:3802649)   #128
JeremySmith
Veteran

United Kingdom
Austin Texas
JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!
Shocking really, with all the design tools available these days my auntie could come up with something better ....
Old 20 Feb 2018, 14:30 (Ref:3802652)   #129
bella
Race Official
Veteran

France
bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!
the first white flip flo... halo and it looks predictably terrible. bit like the bars across the front of the pram to stop the toddler in it absconding...
Old 20 Feb 2018, 14:31 (Ref:3802653)   #130
Moneyseeker
Veteran

Moneyseeker is going for a new lap record!Moneyseeker is going for a new lap record!Moneyseeker is going for a new lap record!Moneyseeker is going for a new lap record!Moneyseeker is going for a new lap record!Moneyseeker is going for a new lap record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by JeremySmith View Post
Shocking really, with all the design tools available these days my auntie could come up with something better ....
Sean Bull came up with something much more appealing..

http://www.behance.net/gallery/60986...ept-Livery-CAD

Old 20 Feb 2018, 14:54 (Ref:3802658)   #131
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
The Sauber livery doesn't look too bad, and the nose looks nice and clean IMHO
Old 20 Feb 2018, 15:00 (Ref:3802663)   #132
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by steve nielsen View Post
It's not the most exciting livery but it's quite 'functional', what with the red airbox and engine cover, plus the rest of the car in white, it should stand out and be easy to follow when it's amongst the pack.
Old 20 Feb 2018, 15:08 (Ref:3802668)   #133
steve nielsen
Veteran

Netherlands
Rotterdam- Holland
steve nielsen should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Old 20 Feb 2018, 15:24 (Ref:3802672)   #134
Paradise City
Veteran

Bhutan
Dublin
Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!
The Renault looks cool and should look cool in the heat of battle.

The Sauber looks indifferent and will look indifferent in the heat of battle.

The halo is a testament to F1's capacity to engage in unforced self harm. A semi-enclosed canopy is the way to go. You get your safety gains without losing much on the aesthetic front. F1 being a visual sport as much as anything.
Old 20 Feb 2018, 15:31 (Ref:3802674)   #135
chillibowl
Veteran

Canada
winnipeg, canada
chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moneyseeker View Post
Sean Bull came up with something much more appealing..

http://www.behance.net/gallery/60986...ept-Livery-CAD

cant unsee that now so wishing the real deal had more red on it now!

as Bella mentioned, first car to show off an aero flip thing on their Halo...i suspect that theirs will be more modest compared to what the bigger teams end up gluing on for testing/OZ.

car looks to be far more developed and more along the lines of what the other teams are doing. feeling a bit encouraged by this and hope it translates into closer battles among the mid to lower end of the grid.
Old 20 Feb 2018, 15:32 (Ref:3802675)   #136
chillibowl
Veteran

Canada
winnipeg, canada
chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paradise City View Post
The Renault looks cool and should look cool in the heat of battle.
it really does! so far, the best of the bunch imo.
Old 20 Feb 2018, 15:52 (Ref:3802682)   #137
knighty
Veteran

England
Essex
knighty should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridknighty should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
The new McLaren........Its going to be orange.......greater teaser on youtube......they gret and red livery that Ron had was bloody awful, so much history in the orange livery, they should have done it years ago.......it will look epic i'm sure

http://www.crash.net/f1/news/889862/...-f1-car-livery

Old 20 Feb 2018, 17:45 (Ref:3802711)   #138
Moneyseeker
Veteran

Slightly OT I know, but as we see more of the cars, we can see how dreadful they look with the halo. I know we always need to make F1 as safe as it can be and I believe that the FIA determined that the halo would not have helped in JB's crash but would in MdV's. Most accidents like that are 'freak' accidents and by the nature of this it means no onne knows when they will happen. the cause and the likely outcome, that is what a freak incident is.

On the basis of another freak incident that the halo is designed to help, if it were debris coming towards the driver Massa), it is more likely to miss the supporting strut and enter the cockpit than bounce off it. In the case of a rouge wheel or car part, again as a freak incident, there is more chance it will land on the driver than hit the halo, surely? My fear is that they have ruined the look of the cars, obscured the driver from the fans and viewers even more, put an obstacle in drivers vision and it may not prevent a freak incident anyway. I can't believe that with all the great minds there are in F1, that they couldn't come up with something better or leave it until someone could.
Old 20 Feb 2018, 18:02 (Ref:3802718)   #139
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by knighty View Post
The new McLaren........Its going to be orange.......greater teaser on youtube......they gret and red livery that Ron had was bloody awful, so much history in the orange livery, they should have done it years ago.......it will look epic i'm sure

http://www.crash.net/f1/news/889862/...-f1-car-livery

I believe it's called Papaya Orange.
Old 20 Feb 2018, 18:42 (Ref:3802732)   #140
Armco Bender
Llama Assassin and Sheep Botherer
Veteran

New Zealand
International Sheep Ambassador
Armco Bender is going for a new world record!Armco Bender is going for a new world record!Armco Bender is going for a new world record!Armco Bender is going for a new world record!Armco Bender is going for a new world record!Armco Bender is going for a new world record!Armco Bender is going for a new world record!
Sauber looks like they pinched Williams colour scheme.
Old 20 Feb 2018, 21:51 (Ref:3802778)   #141
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
A little bit late to the party on this one but there's not much red about the Red Bull livery. However, being a predominantly dark livery, it does help the Halo look less of an eye sore.

Old 20 Feb 2018, 22:12 (Ref:3802785)   #142
Richard C
Veteran

Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!
So I am a bit underwhelmed by the McLaren orange teaser. They pretty much did the same exact tease last year. Everyone was excited to see a fully orange car. But the car was... "mostly" orange in 2017. Will a 100% orange car move the needle? It would look good, but seriously the big news will be... New and improved! Even more orange than before!?

I hope to be proven wrong. Maybe something like a two tone orange, or a matte, chrome orange combo or something like that.

Richard
Old 20 Feb 2018, 22:50 (Ref:3802789)   #143
Paradise City
Veteran

Bhutan
Dublin
Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by bjohnsonsmith View Post
A little bit late to the party on this one but there's not much red about the Red Bull livery. However, being a predominantly dark livery, it does help the Halo look less of an eye sore.

That's only the temporary livery.
Old 20 Feb 2018, 22:54 (Ref:3802792)   #144
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard Casto View Post
So I am a bit underwhelmed by the McLaren orange teaser. They pretty much did the same exact tease last year. Everyone was excited to see a fully orange car. But the car was... "mostly" orange in 2017. Will a 100% orange car move the needle? It would look good, but seriously the big news will be... New and improved! Even more orange than before!?

I hope to be proven wrong. Maybe something like a two tone orange, or a matte, chrome orange combo or something like that.

Richard
I was hoping McLaren might opt for full papaya orange and black sponsors decals, like they used to do in pre season testing.

Old 20 Feb 2018, 23:00 (Ref:3802793)   #145
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
Quote:
That's only the temporary livery.
Fair enough. Hope the actual livery does a good job of making the Halo less of an eye sore.
Old 20 Feb 2018, 23:58 (Ref:3802797)   #146
Paradise City
Veteran

Bhutan
Dublin
I salute Mclaren in its history and its heritage. I was never won over by its initial livery though to feel a need to revisit it in retro form.

That said a rich Orange punctuated by a stark black would make for a brilliant livery. Like the last of the Arrows...
Old 21 Feb 2018, 02:55 (Ref:3802809)   #147
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
Quote:
I salute Mclaren in its history and its heritage. I was never won over by its initial livery though to feel a need to revisit it in retro form.

That said a rich Orange punctuated by a stark black would make for a brilliant livery. Like the last of the Arrows...
Interestingly, McLaren originally used a white livery with a dark green stripe down the middle of the car, eventually adopting orange and initially using it in Can-AM. This is worth a read.

https://www.formula1.com/en/latest/f...the-years.html
Old 21 Feb 2018, 14:25 (Ref:3802916)   #148
Richard C
Veteran

Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Renault and Sauber...

https://www.motorsport.com/f1/news/r...-RS18-1006950/

https://www.motorsport.com/f1/news/s...hange-1007052/

Richard
Old 21 Feb 2018, 22:11 (Ref:3803030)   #149
F1Guy
Veteran

Antarctica
Driving dangerously
F1Guy User has been fined for unsportsmanlike behaviour!
Leaked photo of the Toro Rosso Honda.

Old 21 Feb 2018, 23:32 (Ref:3803047)   #150
JeremySmith
Veteran

United Kingdom
Austin Texas
Each season I decide not to let anything spoil a sport that I love and I am certainly not going to allow a piece of kit worn by angels to change a bloody thing about 2018 ..