Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Australasian Touring Cars.

Old 28 Jul 2007, 07:15 (Ref:1975148)   #1
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
[FV8SC07R5] Fujitsu Development Series Oran Park

After the coverage of the Queensland Raceway round on #7 this afternoon, there seem to be quite a few teams and drivers getting a handle on their cars as the season progresses.

Mr D'Alberto (quite rightly) is in championship preservation mode... while Mr Thompson, Mr Zukanovic, Mr Caruso, Mr Scott and even Mr McIntyre are all running flat out!

The winner?

3 races, 3 different winners is how it will probably go... from the above...
“Everybody Lies” - Dr Gregory House, House
“Trust But Verify” - Commissioner Frank Reagan, Blue Bloods
Old 28 Jul 2007, 08:51 (Ref:1975189)   #2
Pro Racer
Veteran

Australia
Earth
Pro Racer should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
IMO Caruso in the ex-TKR car will continue the form D'Alboa will bounce back, and Jonny McIntyre will be strong again Kayne Scott will impress LP again ahed of the enduros as the others with seats for the enduro's will and Zukanovic seems to be getting his head aroung the car Youlden will be getting his head round his new beast and should be good.

what is wrong with Thopson this season hasn't really impressed maybe at DJR at Sandown and Bathurst will bew his time to shine ala last year and kick on from ther but it's abit to late by then.
Old 28 Jul 2007, 09:40 (Ref:1975212)   #3
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pro Racer
what is wrong with Thopson this season hasn't really impressed maybe at DJR at Sandown and Bathurst will bew his time to shine ala last year and kick on from ther but it's abit to late by then.
Team is not as solid as last season, with wise old racing heads to help. A season with a pro like Mr Seton in the director's chair would work wonders.... but we have to remember he is still just a young kid....

I wouldnt be putting Mr Thompson in the main game just yet... even if the opportunity was a ripper...!
Old 28 Jul 2007, 14:16 (Ref:1975308)   #4
Driver TBA
Veteran

Driver TBA should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
After the coverage of the Queensland Raceway round on #7 this afternoon, there seem to be quite a few teams and drivers getting a handle on their cars as the season progresses.

Mr D'Alberto (quite rightly) is in championship preservation mode... while Mr Thompson, Mr Zukanovic, Mr Caruso, Mr Scott and even Mr McIntyre are all running flat out!
Under the raider award would have to go to Shannon O'Brien. Considering the pedigree of his steed to the cars around him. Yet his performances seem to go unnoticed.

As for the winner? Mr Caruso! FRSR test there do they not?

Amazing how only a few weeks back Tega changed the rules that teams could turn BF's back to BA's and just as quick FRSR turn up with the ex TKR BF sporting BA bits.
Old 28 Jul 2007, 15:50 (Ref:1975329)   #5
Pro Racer
Veteran

Australia
Earth
Quote:
Originally Posted by GTRMagic
I wouldnt be putting Mr Thompson in the main game just yet... even if the opportunity was a ripper...!
no i wouldn't be doing a Cheeseburger/TKR type of situation it can be risky throwing them in the deep end to early i've been abit worried about Cheeseburger but i hope it all works out and he throws some good resaults.
Old 28 Jul 2007, 22:01 (Ref:1975467)   #6
V8's rule
Racer

V8's rule should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Driver TBA
Under the raider award would have to go to Shannon O'Brien. Considering the pedigree of his steed to the cars around him. Yet his performances seem to go unnoticed.

As for the winner? Mr Caruso! FRSR test there do they not?

Amazing how only a few weeks back Tega changed the rules that teams could turn BF's back to BA's and just as quick FRSR turn up with the ex TKR BF sporting BA bits.

If my memory serves me right Shannon O'brien headed the time sheets last year..........But had 2 colossal shunts......The last one, finished him for the weekend..........Shannon's form at the Paperclip was indeed impressive so I expect him to be right up there.

Don't discount D'Alberto or Scott.......They are both driving cars that were lighting quick at Oran Park last year........And both have the benefit of last years set up information as does Zukanovic

As for Caruso........The fact that TEEGA have now grouped that car with FPR , says it all........This means that the team can no longer test at their home track, Oran Park..........They now have to test at Winton.......however having direct access to Frosty's set up over the weekend will mean that Caruso will also be right there.

Old 30 Jul 2007, 06:28 (Ref:1976110)   #7
Sheep Stations
Veteran

Australia
Australia
Sheep Stations should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Webb will go OK at Oran Park, he has plenty of experience there and would have a point to prove after last round.

He got dudded with a pit lane penalty in qualifying at QR for not activating the speed limiter. Wasn't actually speeding but apparently that didn't matter so a $1k fine and back of grid for race 1 after being near top of time sheets.

Fought back with a 13th in race 1, 8th in race 2 and a 4th in race 3. He obviously has the pace

Last edited by Sheep Stations; 30 Jul 2007 at 06:33.
Old 30 Jul 2007, 07:25 (Ref:1976130)   #8
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
There is also some chat in the SEQ powder room that Mr Wakefield may appear in the former Gary Deane BA for the Oran Park round...
Old 31 Jul 2007, 03:02 (Ref:1976831)   #9
pete55
Veteran

pete55 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Damien Assaillit who drives the DQH's AU, may be jumping up to a BA for Oran Park. There's now a drive available in the AU so there's a spot there for an aspiring young driver to get his bum in a seat. I've been impressed with Damien as he is only 17.
Old 31 Jul 2007, 03:52 (Ref:1976838)   #10
pete60
Veteran

Australia
Brisbane
pete60 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by GTRMagic
There is also some chat in the SEQ powder room that Mr Wakefield may appear in the former Gary Deane BA for the Oran Park round...
If WW is in the former Deane BA, what is the current Deane BA? Or has Gary stepped down?
Old 31 Jul 2007, 04:00 (Ref:1976840)   #11
pete55
Veteran

Gary is stepping down apparently.
Old 31 Jul 2007, 04:16 (Ref:1976849)   #12
deano2
Racer

deano2 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
webb will be very quick as to youlden at oran park...youlden always seems to go well there.webb qualified second in carrera cup there last year.
Old 3 Aug 2007, 05:19 (Ref:1979594)   #13
GtiMagic
Racer

GtiMagic should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridGtiMagic should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Maybe Luffy will win! This is the track he his best at - and there are few who could challenge him in any car at this track.

I hear he may be in the Scott Loadsman ex PMM car.
Old 3 Aug 2007, 07:54 (Ref:1979662)   #14
Pro Racer
Veteran

Australia
Earth
nothng beats track time in preperation for the enduro's.
Old 4 Aug 2007, 04:58 (Ref:1980278)   #15
Wood-duck
Racer

Wood-duck should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
At Oran Park one would expect "The Chris" Allaija.. stuff it i cant spell his last name but you all know who i am talking about... He should go well and his guys know the track well. Was quick there last year wasnt he ?
Old 5 Aug 2007, 09:41 (Ref:1981304)   #16
fomoco
Veteran

Australia
Bris Vages southside
fomoco should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridfomoco should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
GTR I have to agree, in fact the support series is by far the better racing.

with a lot less sooking

Old 6 Aug 2007, 01:15 (Ref:1982091)   #17
Mr_Cool
Racer

Australia
Sydney
Mr_Cool should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Oran Park should be interesting - A circut that favours a driver with some brains on how to turn a wheel, Home track for me should be interesting to see who comes out on top
Old 6 Aug 2007, 02:01 (Ref:1982104)   #18
888_Fan
Racer

888_Fan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Anybody have an entry list for this round? Once again, only a week and a half before the race meeting actually starts, and there is still no entry list...
Old 7 Aug 2007, 06:42 (Ref:1983128)   #19
pete55
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by 888_Fan
Anybody have an entry list for this round? Once again, only a week and a half before the race meeting actually starts, and there is still no entry list...
VE$A are really looking after the fans. I wonder how people are supposed to get interested in V8 Supercars if they don't give us any information. I would have thought it would be in their own best interest to do so.
Old 7 Aug 2007, 06:50 (Ref:1983131)   #20
888_Fan
Racer

Unbelievable. They expect more new fans to be interested and they can't even give info to their core fans who actually actively go looking for the entry list on their own website. Why do they bother with large-scale advertising in cinemas, tv, print etc if they can't satisfy the needs of the core fans. I wonder what the Fujitsu teams think of this...

Disappointing, V8Supercars Australia....
Old 7 Aug 2007, 08:58 (Ref:1983207)   #21
Pro Racer
Veteran

Australia
Earth
not unexpected but still very dissapointing, typical V8SA .
Old 7 Aug 2007, 09:53 (Ref:1983239)   #22
birtek
Racer

Australia
Adelaide
birtek should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Rumour has it the team formally known as Team Dynamik are running 2 cars for customers this weekend instead of just 1.

I don't know if this has been mentioned elsewhere, I haven't seen it
Old 7 Aug 2007, 10:09 (Ref:1983251)   #23
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
Quote:
Originally Posted by birtek
Rumour has it the team formally known as Team Dynamik are running 2 cars for customers this weekend instead of just 1.

I don't know if this has been mentioned elsewhere, I haven't seen it
Presumably this is Mr Verdnik's car, to appear along side Mr Scott's ex-HRT unit?
Old 8 Aug 2007, 03:19 (Ref:1983638)   #24
888_Fan
Racer

Hurrah, finally an entry list....

http://www.v8supercar.com.au/v8data/...&eid=242&ind=N
Old 8 Aug 2007, 03:37 (Ref:1983652)   #25
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
And it doesnt necessarily represent the lineup that shall go out the gates next Friday....