Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Other Motorsports > Bike Racing

Old 15 May 2021, 21:26 (Ref:4051847)   #176
justracing
Veteran

United Kingdom
West Sussex
justracing should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridjustracing should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Yep a real topsy turvy qualifying session for all classes, quite honestly with the weather forecast tomorrow the racing is almost a lottery!
Old 16 May 2021, 10:21 (Ref:4051884)   #177
justracing
Veteran

United Kingdom
West Sussex
justracing should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridjustracing should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Impressive win from Garcia in Moto3, even more impressive was the championship leader taking a tumble and remounting to finish 8th. Not only is Acosta quick but he's learning very quickly.
Old 16 May 2021, 11:39 (Ref:4051892)   #178
GORDON STREETER
Veteran

Spain
Kent+Mojacar Spain, but not always ?
GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by justracing View Post
Impressive win from Garcia in Moto3, even more impressive was the championship leader taking a tumble and remounting to finish 8th. Not only is Acosta quick but he's learning very quickly.
He certainly is !! It looks like Sam was getting impatient again in Moto2
Balls of steel (knob of butter) They're Asking For Larkins. ( Proper beer) not you're Eurofizz crap. Hace más calor en España. Me han conocido a hablar un montón cojones! Send any cheques and cash to PO box 1 Lagos Nigeria Africa !
Old 16 May 2021, 13:39 (Ref:4051908)   #179
GORDON STREETER
Veteran

Spain
GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!
Well what a turn up for the books ! At least McPhee finished a race at last, with Jack Miller taking the spoils in the main race where there could have been several different winners in the drying conditions including Marc Marquez !
Balls of steel (knob of butter) They're Asking For Larkins. ( Proper beer) not you're Eurofizz crap. Hace más calor en España. Me han conocido a hablar un montón cojones! Send any cheques and cash to PO box 1 Lagos Nigeria Africa !
Old 16 May 2021, 13:49 (Ref:4051910)   #180
merak1974
Racer

Norway
Oslo
merak1974 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by GORDON STREETER View Post
Well what a turn up for the books ! At least McPhee finished a race at last, with Jack Miller taking the spoils in the main race where there could have been several different winners in the drying conditions including Marc Marquez !
Exciting race, due to the changing weather conditions, but the racing itself less so...
Old 16 May 2021, 14:27 (Ref:4051914)   #181
justracing
Veteran

United Kingdom
West Sussex
Quote:
Originally Posted by GORDON STREETER View Post
He certainly is !! It looks like Sam was getting impatient again in Moto2
That was the first thing that came to my mind, seemingly impetuous move with 20+ laps to run, hopefully it's not a return to the old days!
Old 16 May 2021, 16:29 (Ref:4051933)   #182
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!
Exciting race thanks to the weather and some drivers. Miller and MM outstanding, Zarco a domicile as a finisher on the podium and Quarta rather calm and focused on the championship. OK the "pit stop" was not perfect tho…
Old 16 May 2021, 19:19 (Ref:4051961)   #183
justracing
Veteran

United Kingdom
West Sussex
MM outstanding, really? He could have won the race or at worst had a decent result instead of which he binned it!
Old 16 May 2021, 20:08 (Ref:4051969)   #184
E.B
Veteran

United Kingdom
About 7kms East of Albert Park Melbourne
E.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by justracing View Post
MM outstanding, really? He could have won the race or at worst had a decent result instead of which he binned it!
Twice.
Old 17 May 2021, 05:18 (Ref:4052004)   #185
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!
Yes, twice but looking at his race he was fast really fast. May be too self confident or nervous. As to Quartararo I think he's been suffering a lot. Just after Zarco overtaking in the straight its very hard for Fabio to enter and catch the apex in the right part of the Dunlop chicane.
Old 17 May 2021, 08:50 (Ref:4052017)   #186
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
Great racing throughout the three classes, thank you ITV4 for showing it live. So nice to watch a race again without knowing who win beforehand

Nice to see Marquez up at the front again, but then he threw it away with that off at the last corner. Still at least he recovered well before his second off.

Great drive by Jack Miller, despite an off and two long lap penalties and worn out tyres at the end. He has turned out to be an excellent choice. Fabio takes back the lead in the championship, but it's still very close at the front. Looks like we might just have another new champion this year. I know it's early days, but Mir isn't looking like retaining his title at this stage

Morbidelli's move on Pol and Valentino was never going to work, what was he thinking there?

Good to see John McPhee finally pick up a finish in Moto3

All in all a great day's racing, helped by the weather no doubt
Old 17 May 2021, 12:44 (Ref:4052048)   #187
E.B
Veteran

United Kingdom
About 7kms East of Albert Park Melbourne
E.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gerard C View Post
As to Quartararo I think he's been suffering a lot. Just after Zarco overtaking in the straight its very hard for Fabio to enter and catch the apex in the right part of the Dunlop chicane.
I know Fabio had a different tyre mix to others.... I think Miller was using a soft rear wet and FQ a medium version. FQ had a soft front compound also, which as the track dried he overstressed it. FQ effectively had no grip when Zarco came up on him , and could not get drive onto the straight, or turn into corners allowing Zarco to breeze past him with ease.

I guess at that point Quartararo must have gone into championship mode knowing Bagnaia was behind and staying on the bike would allow him to take the championship lead over Bagnaia, and chasing Zarco for second on the limited rubber he had could have ended with a sore backside and zero points.
Old 18 May 2021, 17:25 (Ref:4052185)   #188
Jimmy Magnusson
Veteran

Sweden
Jimmy Magnusson should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridJimmy Magnusson should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
It's been heartening to see Miller's turnaround in form. With this sort of confidence he might actually be a contender. Last year this would have been enough to win it, but I can't imagine we'll see quite as many riders try to throw the title away this season
Old 30 May 2021, 10:38 (Ref:4053812)   #189
skells22
Veteran

skells22 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Sad news on moto3
Old 31 May 2021, 20:15 (Ref:4054128)   #190
justracing
Veteran

United Kingdom
West Sussex
Very sad news indeed, we're so used to seeing these guys bounce across the gravel only to regain their feet immediately but when you get collected by another bike it's a different matter.
Convincing win in the top class for Fabio QUARTARARO at Mugello(what a super circuit), a solid 3rd place for Mir on a well balanced Suzuki. KTM must be over the moon for a 1, 2 in Moto2 whilst I imagine Sam Lowes will be crying in his beer. As usual the Moto3 race looked like a supermarket dash, fantastically entertaining but almost a complete lottery at the end.
Old 1 Jun 2021, 12:35 (Ref:4054221)   #191
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
Sad news to lose someone so young. Would have been hard for everyone over the weekend after that, but it shows they are professionals.

Well done Fabio on the win, it's still early days, but he's looking good for the title this year. Bad mistake from Bagnaia and Rins once again throws away a chance of a good result. Good to see reigning champion Mir have a good race.

Sam Lowes, he really needs a result atm
Old 1 Jun 2021, 23:04 (Ref:4054296)   #192
GORDON STREETER
Veteran

Spain
Only caught up with the races tonight as I have been editing a wedding video that takes preference. Quartararo is the man at the moment who probably will go on to the title this year if he can keep up the pace ? As for Moto 2 what a pity for Sam as he was certainly on for some very good points at last. I would think that the young lad in Moto 3 should take the title barring anything untoward happening, I didn't see or know about the unfortunate incident until today. It just brings it home that it is still a dangerous sport regardless of all the safety equipment and safer tracks that are far superior today, from when I first started going to Crystal Palace back in the 60s !
Old 8 Jun 2021, 16:02 (Ref:4055321)   #193
justracing
Veteran

United Kingdom
West Sussex
Another convincing performance in Barcelona for Oliveira, despite losing places on the opening lap he stayed focused throughout to win comfortably unlike John Macphee in Moto3 who opened the throttle too early coming through the flick flack at the end of the lap resulting in losing the rear and throwing valuable points away. Hondas misery continues in the top class, presumably with Pedrosa switching to KTM in an advisory role Honda seems to have lost all direction.
Old 8 Jun 2021, 19:11 (Ref:4055337)   #194
S griffin
Veteran

Great win by Oliveira, better weekend from KTM. Really weird what Fabio did, lucky not to get a bigger penalty. Marquez third DNF in a row doesn’t bode well for the future and sad to see Rossi out too. Big one from McPhee, did the other rivals go down to avoid him?
Old 11 Jun 2021, 07:31 (Ref:4055672)   #195
gomick
Race Official
Veteran

Australia
Gobur 3719...
gomick should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridgomick should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridgomick should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
They didnt show the replays, but it looked like Suzuki may have punted Migno who was reacting to McPhee's fall...
Old 19 Jun 2021, 19:19 (Ref:4057202)   #196
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
May be a good opportunity for Zarco to win in Germany. And why not a convincing come back for MM?
Old 20 Jun 2021, 05:49 (Ref:4057269)   #197
GORDON STREETER
Veteran

Spain
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gerard C View Post
May be a good opportunity for Zarco to win in Germany. And why not a convincing come back for MM?
Yes it looks interesting up the sharp end of the field as Quarteraro is not running away with it after his penalty. As for a Marquez win I don't think it's on the cards just yet
Old 20 Jun 2021, 06:52 (Ref:4057273)   #198
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
The Hondas look in a better shape but I wonder how the grid will look like next year with eight Ducati's of all colors…
Fabio's penalty was well deserved but I hope his leather suit maker has learn something from this crazy story!
Old 20 Jun 2021, 14:53 (Ref:4057383)   #199
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Il ne faut jamais sous-estimer un lion blessé! Quartararo keeps his championship position. I wonder what really happened to Zarco?
Old 20 Jun 2021, 20:50 (Ref:4057503)   #200
justracing
Veteran

United Kingdom
West Sussex
Well I don't think anyone saw that result coming, great result for MM and thoroughly deserved, his bravery when it started to rain paid off. Quartararo used his head to add to his points tally and it's so good to the mixture of manufacturers at the pointy end, I really wanted to see Espargaro grab a podium on the Aprilia but I'll settle for a KTM. With the grid so tight I can't wait for Assen.