Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Classic Cars Monthly Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Historic Racing & Motorsport History > Historic Racing Today

Old 8 Jul 2021, 18:05 (Ref:4060438)   #26
relativtortoise
Racer

relativtortoise should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Sad to see the Ulster knocked about - I assume it broke a halfshaft and that releases the wheel?
Old 9 Jul 2021, 07:14 (Ref:4060482)   #27
E.B
Veteran

United Kingdom
About 7kms East of Albert Park Melbourne
E.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Link for a live stream of the FoS https://youtu.be/QgJlnsqbtfg
Old 9 Jul 2021, 07:58 (Ref:4060483)   #28
zefarelly
Veteran

European Union
zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by relativtortoise View Post
Sad to see the Ulster knocked about - I assume it broke a halfshaft and that releases the wheel?
Ouch, hope everyone's ok ?
Old 9 Jul 2021, 09:17 (Ref:4060489)   #29
relativtortoise
Racer

relativtortoise should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by zefarelly View Post
Ouch, hope everyone's ok ?
Yes - the car beached on three wheels whilst the errant wheel went down the line of outer bales and was suitably contained - there's plenty of weight in a wheel and momentum so that was good.
Old 9 Jul 2021, 09:26 (Ref:4060491)   #30
justracing
Veteran

United Kingdom
West Sussex
justracing should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridjustracing should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by E.B View Post
Link for a live stream of the FoS https://youtu.be/QgJlnsqbtfg
Thanks EB, laid up with back problems at the moment so very grateful for a distraction!
Old 9 Jul 2021, 10:19 (Ref:4060496)   #31
BertMk2
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Nr Maidstone, Kent
BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!
There I was thinking "I'm not fussed about not being at Goodwood this year" then as always I see photos and the stream and think "I wish I was at Goodwood"
Old 9 Jul 2021, 18:32 (Ref:4060537)   #32
Anyopenroad
Veteran

England
London
Anyopenroad has a real shot at the championship!Anyopenroad has a real shot at the championship!Anyopenroad has a real shot at the championship!Anyopenroad has a real shot at the championship!Anyopenroad has a real shot at the championship!Anyopenroad has a real shot at the championship!
Fabulous day at Goodwood today. Sunny, not too hot, nice breeze, awesome cars, the Red Arrows…

The extra Covid Pass check consisted of showing a printout, email or app. No barcode scan, no ID check. Pretty token. And aside from that if you’d travelled in a time machine from the 2019 event you’d not notice anything different at all apart from some people wearing masks.

The collection of cars going up the hill is wonderful, of course, but a little thin by Goodwood’s very high standards, which isn’t a surprise. No special museum collections, factory teams or ‘every example of X’. Same with the Rally stage, which looked glorious with the sun dappling through the trees.

Rain most of tomorrow (Sat) so will be spending the day in grandstands.

So great to be back here.
Old 9 Jul 2021, 19:43 (Ref:4060542)   #33
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Just done my second day of grandstand stewarding. 5 am starts and standing around for 6-7 hours are taking their toll at my age. Half way!
Old 9 Jul 2021, 19:50 (Ref:4060546)   #34
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anyopenroad View Post

The extra Covid Pass check consisted of showing a printout, email or app. No barcode scan, no ID check. Pretty token. And aside from that if you’d travelled in a time machine from the 2019 event you’d not notice anything different at all apart from some people wearing masks.
As volunteer staff, I have had to show evidence of a negative lateral flow test each day. My QR code from my wristband is zapped in and out each day, but there is no ID link to me involved in that. It's just a numbers exercise. Big crowd today, much bigger than yesterday. No masks for the visitors except when doing things like going to the loo. As a grandstand steward, I was required to wear my mask for almost my entire shift, although not first thing (7 am) as it was very quiet then. It's very weird indeed to be at an event with so many people.
Old 9 Jul 2021, 23:40 (Ref:4060566)   #35
Lancsbreaker
Veteran

England
Padiham, Lancashire
Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!
You do get the feeling that whilst everyone is well-intentioned and trying to pay some sort of lip-service to the rules, nobody really has any idea of what they are supposed to be doing..........

Plus ca change......
Old 10 Jul 2021, 07:11 (Ref:4060590)   #36
John Elwin
Veteran

France
Pas de Calais
John Elwin should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridJohn Elwin should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by BertMk2 View Post
There I was thinking "I'm not fussed about not being at Goodwood this year" then as always I see photos and the stream and think "I wish I was at Goodwood"
My sentiments entirely! I haven't done FoS since 2013 & didn't think I would miss it. However, after two days of live streaming I began to wish I was there - then I remembered the awful parking & the crowds, the very reasons I stopped going!

As has been said, competition cars seem to be fewer than usual, but it has been interesting to see a lot of new stuff from manufacturers & different approaches to the future. Good to see the likes of Lamborghini metaphorically waving two fingers at the 'green meanies' !

Just what is that strange half finished sculpture in front of the House? I was expecting to see something Lotus-related.
Old 10 Jul 2021, 10:22 (Ref:4060608)   #37
Derwent
Racer

Derwent is heading for a stewards' enquiry!
Good turn out of top drivers past and present by the look of things but no Lewis of course.
Old 10 Jul 2021, 10:39 (Ref:4060610)   #38
E.B
Veteran

United Kingdom
About 7kms East of Albert Park Melbourne
E.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by John Elwin View Post
Just what is that strange half finished sculpture in front of the House? .
I thought exactly the same. Still no idea.
Old 10 Jul 2021, 10:54 (Ref:4060611)   #39
john ruston
The Scarlet Pimpernel
Veteran

john ruston has a real shot at the podium!john ruston has a real shot at the podium!john ruston has a real shot at the podium!john ruston has a real shot at the podium!
The Ulster was a lot less dramatic than a half shaft but can’t be sorted for weekend
Masser was only bought two weeks ago and that newly rebuilt engine they told the owner about obviously wasn’t done very well!
Usually the way!
Old 10 Jul 2021, 12:51 (Ref:4060622)   #40
Tel 911S
Veteran

Tel 911S should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridTel 911S should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by E.B View Post
I thought exactly the same. Still no idea.
The central sculpture is supposed to represent Lotus.?

Not as nice as the last one .https://www.e-architect.com/england/...-of-speed-2019

But I would say that as I helped build the Car & delivered it to be hoisted up to the top of the 2019 one .
Old 10 Jul 2021, 13:31 (Ref:4060630)   #41
GORDON STREETER
Veteran

Spain
Kent+Mojacar Spain, but not always ?
GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!
I notice the Bevan Imp is there driven by Pete's son Jonathan.
Balls of steel (knob of butter) They're Asking For Larkins. ( Proper beer) not you're Eurofizz crap. Hace más calor en España. Me han conocido a hablar un montón cojones! Send any cheques and cash to PO box 1 Lagos Nigeria Africa !
Old 10 Jul 2021, 22:01 (Ref:4060672)   #42
delta
Subscriber
Veteran

United Kingdom
Reading UK
delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by john ruston View Post
The Ulster was a lot less dramatic than a half shaft but can’t be sorted for weekend
Masser was only bought two weeks ago and that newly rebuilt engine they told the owner about obviously wasn’t done very well!
Usually the way!
Just had the video clip sent to me. Good job the engine rocker broke at Thruxton and car only did half that race. Could of been very serious that wheel parting company out the back on those fast bends.
Old 11 Jul 2021, 06:52 (Ref:4060701)   #43
brands
Veteran

brands should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridbrands should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridbrands should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
We went on Friday and had an excellent day. I was surprised the Covid pass wasn't scanned but we were asked for photo ID. No record was kept though.

The paddocks were more spread out than normal as there were fewer cars and spectators but given the time we are currently living in, it felt safe. Never felt uncomfortable throughout the day.

Pleasantly surprised by the amount of cars they managed to attract and drivers as well.
It's been the nearest to a normal motorsport event I've been to in 18 months.
Old 11 Jul 2021, 07:12 (Ref:4060703)   #44
brands
Veteran

brands should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridbrands should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridbrands should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
A couple of batches from our wanderings :
Attached Thumbnails
IMG_0036.jpg   IMG_0047.jpg   IMG_0131.jpg  

IMG_0152.jpg   IMG_0158.jpg   IMG_0186.jpg  

Old 11 Jul 2021, 07:15 (Ref:4060704)   #45
brands
Veteran

and from the top paddock:
Attached Thumbnails
IMG_0342.jpg   IMG_0349.jpg   IMG_0360.jpg  

IMG_0539.jpg   IMG_0685.jpg   IMG_0764.jpg  

Old 11 Jul 2021, 08:12 (Ref:4060710)   #46
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!
This one works from France:
https://www.goodwood.com/grr/event-c...d-live-stream/
Old 11 Jul 2021, 09:43 (Ref:4060715)   #47
rbs
Veteran

England
northampton
rbs should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridrbs should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Who mentioned the Bevan Imp?
Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC_0030.JPG
Views:	7
Size:	4.97 MB
ID:	69593Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC_0031.JPG
Views:	6
Size:	4.83 MB
ID:	69594
Old 12 Jul 2021, 18:09 (Ref:4060857)   #48
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
To be honest, it was worth going just to stand close to the Beast of Turin when it was started up.

As I was working much of the time I didn't take a lot of photos (I didn't even take my 'proper' camera in) but I did take a few shots and some video which I'll post on my website sometime this week probably.

Nicest point of the four days was when my son turned up unexpectedly on Saturday morning!
Old 12 Jul 2021, 18:31 (Ref:4060860)   #49
Anyopenroad
Veteran

England
London
Anyopenroad has a real shot at the championship!Anyopenroad has a real shot at the championship!Anyopenroad has a real shot at the championship!Anyopenroad has a real shot at the championship!Anyopenroad has a real shot at the championship!Anyopenroad has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aysedasi View Post
Nicest point of the four days was when my son turned up unexpectedly on Saturday morning!
Surely meeting me was the highlight! I mean, you see your son all the time!
Old 12 Jul 2021, 20:39 (Ref:4060870)   #50
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
True!