Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 5 Jun 2021, 18:13 (Ref:4054734)   #26
steve_r
Veteran

Lord Howe Island
European Capital of Culture 2008
steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!
Should be a good race tomorrow. I do like this track. Mercedes quick in some sectors, Red Bull quick in other sections, but plenty of others in the mix as well.

Looking at practice, should Red Bull have been on pole?

I am not a Ferrari fan, but I hope LeClerc has a good race after his disappointment at Monaco.
Old 5 Jun 2021, 18:14 (Ref:4054735)   #27
justracing
Veteran

United Kingdom
West Sussex
justracing should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridjustracing should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
What a silly race track, almost as ludicrous as Monaco. The fastest, most technically advanced race cars in the world on a mickey mouse circuit, farcical in my opinion.
Old 5 Jun 2021, 18:50 (Ref:4054738)   #28
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Ridiculous track. Would be OK if there was some run-off and decent kerbs the drivers could use.

Oh wait, we hate that too.
Old 5 Jun 2021, 18:58 (Ref:4054739)   #29
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by justracing View Post
What a silly race track, almost as ludicrous as Monaco. The fastest, most technically advanced race cars in the world on a mickey mouse circuit, farcical in my opinion.
Nowhere near as ludicrous as Monaco for me. At least there are overtaking opportunities and a decent fast stretch.
Old 5 Jun 2021, 19:00 (Ref:4054741)   #30
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
The contrast is great. I'm looking forward to it, but then I am a sham of a motorsport fan.
Old 5 Jun 2021, 22:08 (Ref:4054772)   #31
skycafe
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Water on three sides
skycafe is going for a new lap record!skycafe is going for a new lap record!skycafe is going for a new lap record!skycafe is going for a new lap record!skycafe is going for a new lap record!skycafe is going for a new lap record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adam43 View Post

Oh wait, we hate that too.
Hate some more stuff on top of that too.

The track certainly is a challenge and offers a lot of suspense potential (there I went and jinxed it, didn't I)?
Old 6 Jun 2021, 02:10 (Ref:4054784)   #32
Skam85
Veteran

Skam85 has a real shot at the championship!Skam85 has a real shot at the championship!Skam85 has a real shot at the championship!Skam85 has a real shot at the championship!Skam85 has a real shot at the championship!Skam85 has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by justracing View Post
ok..
Attached Thumbnails
297.jpg  
Old 6 Jun 2021, 06:25 (Ref:4054796)   #33
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skam85 View Post
ok..
Ha ha, good one there!

Anyway what a session that was. Crazy right from start to finish. You'd think after Monaco this circuit would be no problem, but no plenty in the wall

Once again Ferrari on pole, this Leclerc is guranteed by two others crashing, namely Tsunoda and his own team mate! At least this time he shouldn't have a driveshaft problem. Still we're in for an interesting race today, with four different constructors in the first four positions. Merc have at least recovered from their practice problems with Lewis on the front row and Gasly is looking good. Also good to see Alonso in the top 10, hopefully he can show everyone he still has it.

A couple of observations. First of all that looked quite messy with everyone trying to find space, reminded a bit of Monza a couple of years ago, but thankfully everyone had time to get to the line. And after the striking Gulf livery at Monaco, I'm now getting used to McLaren going back to orange
Old 6 Jun 2021, 09:48 (Ref:4054814)   #34
Greem
Veteran

United Kingdom
Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!
I enjoyed qualifying, as broken up as it was. If Hamilton bags first off the start then I think the race is his to lose, but Verstappen will be desperate to get up front early on.

I'm looking forward to this one!
Old 6 Jun 2021, 09:54 (Ref:4054815)   #35
steve_r
Veteran

Lord Howe Island
European Capital of Culture 2008
steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!
Overtaking is possible, and I dont think that this race will be decided by the first corner, no matter who gets there first. Also there is bound to be a safety car at some point. I have high expectations for this race!
Old 6 Jun 2021, 11:49 (Ref:4054823)   #36
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by steve_r View Post
Overtaking is possible, and I dont think that this race will be decided by the first corner, no matter who gets there first. Also there is bound to be a safety car at some point. I have high expectations for this race!

It's Turns 3 and 15 that are the issues and I expect a couple of FCYs.
Old 6 Jun 2021, 12:01 (Ref:4054825)   #37
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Formation lap. ;

Remember it’s going to be rubbish.
Old 6 Jun 2021, 12:06 (Ref:4054826)   #38
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!
A clean and uneventful start. Leclerc in the lead.
Old 6 Jun 2021, 12:07 (Ref:4054827)   #39
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Perez! Backwards for Norris.

Early stop for hards.
Old 6 Jun 2021, 12:07 (Ref:4054828)   #40
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Quote:
Originally Posted by bjohnsonsmith View Post
A clean and uneventful start. Leclerc in the lead.
They all did well. Small knock between Stroll and Schumacher.
Old 6 Jun 2021, 12:25 (Ref:4054830)   #41
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
Lulu pits and its a slow one.

Edit: a 1.9 second stop for Mad Max.
Old 6 Jun 2021, 12:28 (Ref:4054831)   #42
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Noooooooo! Poor Perez.
Old 6 Jun 2021, 12:29 (Ref:4054832)   #43
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Go Vet
Old 6 Jun 2021, 12:34 (Ref:4054833)   #44
chillibowl
Veteran

Canada
winnipeg, canada
chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!
And Stroll! Nice counter strategy by both AMs.
Old 6 Jun 2021, 12:37 (Ref:4054834)   #45
Greem
Veteran

United Kingdom
Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Vettee finally pits. Good drive by both the AM cars so far.
Old 6 Jun 2021, 12:44 (Ref:4054835)   #46
billy bleach
Veteran

Ireland
Cork
billy bleach should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridbilly bleach should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adam43 View Post
Noooooooo! Poor Perez.
And people wonder why Ricardo left Redbull and the Vestappen / Marko love in
Old 6 Jun 2021, 12:48 (Ref:4054836)   #47
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Mazelockupin.
Old 6 Jun 2021, 12:50 (Ref:4054837)   #48
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Quote:
Originally Posted by billy bleach View Post
And people wonder why Ricardo left Redbull and the Vestappen / Marko love in
Are we doing the they did it on purpose thing? Or just they didn’t care?
Old 6 Jun 2021, 12:53 (Ref:4054839)   #49
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Perez just got a decent gap now.

Go Vet!
Old 6 Jun 2021, 12:59 (Ref:4054840)   #50
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Stroll waiting for a SC to really help his strategy gets one. Er...