Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Australasian Touring Cars.

Old 16 Jul 2001, 04:56 (Ref:117549)   #1
racer69
Veteran

Australia
Sydney, Australia
racer69 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridracer69 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Calder Thoughts

What a Joke, Skaife is penalised for giving Johnson a little touch, while Larkham gets absolutly no penalty for spinning around Murphy at the same corner right behind them. Then in race 2 Morris, who is winning the race, is gettingflags saying he should move over, what a joke.
Old 16 Jul 2001, 05:05 (Ref:117552)   #2
Champ69
Veteran

Champ69 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I agree. This years officials have done a terrible job so far. Remember Adelaide when Skaife was knocked of the track and (I forget the track) when HRT where deducted points for a team member doing donuts in a HRT (non race) car. I am not a HRT fan but they have been very disadvantaged due to official decisions.
Old 16 Jul 2001, 06:38 (Ref:117580)   #3
Diabando
Veteran

Australia
Victoria, Australia
Diabando should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDiabando should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Well, I had a lovely weekend! Aside from all the technicalities (I just cant be bothered), as a spectator, out to enjoy a day of V8 supercars, it was great Thankfully it didnt rain (Calder is SO cold and windy as it is, we didnt need rain to make it worse), and there was a huge crowd to support the teams. Complete access to the pits, and many autographs signed. A grand day

As far as Morris being shown "a flag to move over", this is incorrect. He was shown a bad sportsmanship flag. This means he can fight for his position as long as he wants (and NOT move over), but he has to be FAIR about it.

Skaife - well that was a BAD decision. From anyone there, or watching it on the TV, we can clearly see that he should not have been penalised. The stop-go rule must be reviewed, and SOON.
Old 16 Jul 2001, 07:21 (Ref:117601)   #4
Buckshot
Veteran

Australia
Cambridge Gardens, NSW, Australia
Buckshot should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridBuckshot should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Yeah the Skaife decision was just wrong. Radisich punted Skaife off at Adelaide and didn't get any sort of penalty when he should have been given a stop go.

Which brings me to the Bad Sportsman ship flag - get rid of this as well.

Morris can defend pretty good huh ? Guess he learnt a lot fending off Jim Richards in Super Tourers in 99 - couldn't ask for a better teacher than that !

Good on Paul for the round win. My opinion of him has gone up ten fold.
Old 16 Jul 2001, 08:01 (Ref:117609)   #5
RALFANATOR
Racer

RALFANATOR should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Re: Calder Thoughts

Quote:
Originally posted by racer69
What a Joke, Skaife is penalised for giving Johnson a little touch, while Larkham gets absolutly no penalty for spinning around Murphy at the same corner right behind them. Then in race 2 Morris, who is winning the race, is gettingflags saying he should move over, what a joke.
well Skaife did push him off line so it was the right call (REMEMBER MARCOS & MURPHY AT THE CREEK )

well Larko should have gone to but was he pushed into Murpy?

Morris getting flagged while leading a race is the biggest joke I 've ever seen as leader he can take any line he likes just as Ingall was far off line which made it twice as worse

Pls some tell me why its better that officals allow defendind a position and the "later" stage of the race and while your there pls show me it in the rule book . By the on what number lap does the "later" stage rule kick in I've never heard of a more joke of a rule . If yuor in front its up to them to past as Murry Walker said "catching is one thing past is another "
Old 16 Jul 2001, 10:20 (Ref:117650)   #6
mtpanorama
Veteran

Australia
Bathurst (best racetrack in the world)
mtpanorama should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Re: Re: Calder Thoughts

Quote:
Originally posted by RALFANATOR

well Larko should have gone to but was he pushed into Murpy?

I watched the tape a couple of times of the first corner and Ingall definately gave Larko a helping hand into the back of murphy. Ingall should have been given a stop/go for that one. He stuffed up 2 peoples day, plus a couple of others who were inocent victims.

With the Johnson/Skaife incident, with things like that cant the officials go down to HRT (or whoever they feel is in the wrong) and tell them to intruct their driver within say the next three laps that he must move over and give back the possition. Even though i hate Skaife and HRT that little nudge he gave Johnson didnt deserve the punishment of stuffing up his whole day. If he had turned Johnson around that would deserve a stop/go.

The punishment should fit the crime
Old 16 Jul 2001, 11:30 (Ref:117684)   #7
RALFANATOR
Racer

RALFANATOR should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Re: Re: Re: Calder Thoughts

Quote:
Originally posted by mtpanorama

The punishment should fit the crime
I do agree with you but at the moment one rule fits all for once the offical's are being consitant they did it to MARCOS so buy all right Skaife got it to . Right call on the day
Old 17 Jul 2001, 08:06 (Ref:118168)   #8
racer69
Veteran

Australia
Sydney, Australia
racer69 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridracer69 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Whats next, penalties for looking like you might run into someone, or ones for pressuring a driver into a mistake.
Old 17 Jul 2001, 11:46 (Ref:118257)   #9
Crash Test
Veteran

Australia
Melbourne, Australia
Crash Test should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridCrash Test should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Firstly- when we say it's the ofifcials that are stuffing up, it's just the select few in race control calling the shots.

Also, remember when Skaife barked long and hard after Adelaide? Ok, so then they cracked down- yee haaa! The judge is doing their job!

Now when this effects you, of course you would have a rant about it....but sometimes it might be better if you kept your mouth closed in the first place...