Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > ACO Regulated Series

Old 26 Apr 2019, 21:14 (Ref:3899879)   #2051
Deleted
Veteran

Deleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
And 6kg increase for the Zytek-engined nonhybrids

Anyway even if the allocation stays unlimited after Spa, they can always fiddle it back after Test day which is frustrating
Old 26 Apr 2019, 23:18 (Ref:3899889)   #2052
canaglia
Veteran

canaglia should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridcanaglia should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I'm quite interested to see how R13 improved compared to last year spa 6H; if I recall well their best Q lap was mid 1.56. Curious to see if they can get under 1.56 like the best work lmp1-h back in 2016.
Old 27 Apr 2019, 04:13 (Ref:3899908)   #2053
TF110
Veteran

United States
TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!
They still have the same fuel flow and petrol per stint so this is basically a modest handout. If anything they're just going to make a pit stop a little bit longer to get the most fuel in they can imo. I don't know if they were short filling at all to save time but this ruling is not the best thing to get them on Toyotas pace. We'll see if makes any difference but I don't see how it can. They still have to worry about how much fuel they burn because the amount stays the same.
Old 27 Apr 2019, 08:50 (Ref:3899922)   #2054
PascaLM
Race Official
Veteran

France
Near Blois, France
PascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Could a free consumption be useful for non-hybrid LMP1 in case of FCY or safety-car ?
Old 27 Apr 2019, 12:01 (Ref:3899970)   #2055
Akrapovic
Veteran

Scotland
Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by TF110 View Post
They still have the same fuel flow and petrol per stint so this is basically a modest handout. If anything they're just going to make a pit stop a little bit longer to get the most fuel in they can imo. I don't know if they were short filling at all to save time but this ruling is not the best thing to get them on Toyotas pace. We'll see if makes any difference but I don't see how it can. They still have to worry about how much fuel they burn because the amount stays the same.
Nailed it with this post. It really doesn't make a huge difference because the fuel was limited in multiple ways. Of course another way is the fuel tank size lol.
Old 27 Apr 2019, 12:49 (Ref:3899983)   #2056
chernaudi
Veteran

United States
Mansfield, Ohio
chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!
And that's one of the big reasons why I've never been in favor of fuel flow being used to limit the cars' speed or as a BOP tool. If that's the game the ACO want to play, just go back to using air restrictors. Worked fine for IMSA GTP, worked fine for the ACO from 1993-2013.

IMO, that whole deal is just over complicated. All it seems that the ACO are doing by this, considering that other parameters have been barely modified, if at all, is that they're just making everyone run shorter stints for the benefit of faster laptimes.

IMO, this might just be an attempt to prop up the privateers somewhat, while also seemingly trying to allow Toyota to break their own lap record for qualifying at LM this year and maybe, barring rain or FCYs or lots of slow zones, get Toyota to break Audi's distance record from 2010.

Yeah, I got up at 5:30, made a cup of coffee, watched a two hour block of Victorious on Teen Nick, only to come on here to type all of this. I do hope that my sarcasm is showing here.

I know that the ACO have a job that most of us probably in reality don't want, but the way they've handled all of this in recent years, let alone this season, is getting a bit stale. Mind you, some of the negativity on this board because of that is equally as stale, but the ACO do keep feeding the monster.

Last edited by chernaudi; 27 Apr 2019 at 12:58.
Old 28 Apr 2019, 05:13 (Ref:3900118)   #2057
TF110
Veteran

United States
TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!
Maybe Rebellion will be closer at Spa next week with their new aero. I think they can afford a good deal more downforce in their low drag aero because they have more fuel to play with and the wider wing to compensate. They were pretty close last year and it was their first race with the new car.
Old 1 May 2019, 08:17 (Ref:3900921)   #2058
Mike E
Veteran

Mike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
general updates...

http://www.dailysportscar.com/2019/0...s-and-eot.html
Old 1 May 2019, 12:35 (Ref:3900984)   #2059
chernaudi
Veteran

United States
Mansfield, Ohio
chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!
The above article does state that specialized LMP1 privateer spec front tires almost got mass produced. However, the ACO put it to a vote among LMP1 teams, and one team voted against the new tires and it was enough for them to not see the light of day on race weekends for Spa and probably Le Mans.

Ironically, it wasn't Toyota, as TMG voted in favor of allowing the privateer spec tires to be used. It was actually as as yet to be named LMP1 privateer team that voted nay. I'm suspecting that it's either Dragonspeed or Kolles.
Old 1 May 2019, 12:50 (Ref:3900987)   #2060
ApexTurtle
Racer

United States
ApexTurtle is a back marker
I can see no other team veto it except Dragonspeed as well. It's great that they were willing to put a car on the grid but I see no value in having them back next season.
Old 1 May 2019, 13:21 (Ref:3900991)   #2061
Deleted
Veteran

Deleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
It was probably to do with money and yes indeed Dragonspeed, anyway I rather have teams with the ability to veto than not. Larbre alone vetoed the emergency change of GT1 ECU planks in 2010 and it was maybe at least some of the reason why they went to win Le Mans that year
Old 1 May 2019, 14:29 (Ref:3901000)   #2062
Coach Ep
Veteran

Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!
Ow, the irony, now Dragonspeed has withdrawn their P1 entry from the Spa race.

Wrong type of democracy by the ACO... (they could have surveyed the proposed Ginetta entry as well but threw it out without blinking!)
Old 1 May 2019, 20:14 (Ref:3901070)   #2063
TF110
Veteran

United States
If it was Dragonspeed that voted no and aren't even going to race, I feel they should run on the old tires and let the others have the new ones. Why not? Why the need for EVERY private team to run on the same tires?
Old 1 May 2019, 23:46 (Ref:3901099)   #2064
carbsmith
Veteran

carbsmith is going for a new lap record!carbsmith is going for a new lap record!carbsmith is going for a new lap record!carbsmith is going for a new lap record!carbsmith is going for a new lap record!carbsmith is going for a new lap record!
You have to consider the possibility that one car doesn't work better on the new tires, or better yet that one car doesn't benefit from the new tires as much as other privateer cars and it doesn't make much difference if they're 5 or 6 laps behind Toyota so it would hurt their finishing position regardless.
Old 2 May 2019, 00:38 (Ref:3901103)   #2065
TF110
Veteran

United States
Quote:
Originally Posted by carbsmith View Post
You have to consider the possibility that one car doesn't work better on the new tires, or better yet that one car doesn't benefit from the new tires as much as other privateer cars and it doesn't make much difference if they're 5 or 6 laps behind Toyota so it would hurt their finishing position regardless.
It's probably just the cost associated with the new tires that this said team does not want to take up.
Old 2 May 2019, 08:20 (Ref:3901139)   #2066
Deleted
Veteran

Was the veto for Spa alone or Spa+LM?

If just Spa, Dragonspeed probably thought everyone else would have got extra experience by racing the new tires at Spa, while they'd only get the chance for it at Test day or whenever
Old 2 May 2019, 08:33 (Ref:3901142)   #2067
Mike E
Veteran

Mike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chiana View Post
Was the veto for Spa alone or Spa+LM?

If just Spa, Dragonspeed probably thought everyone else would have got extra experience by racing the new tires at Spa, while they'd only get the chance for it at Test day or whenever
"It is not currently envisaged that the new tyres will be available for the 2019 Le Mans 24 Hours." - DSC

How to make friends and influence people.
Old 2 May 2019, 14:29 (Ref:3901264)   #2068
Deleted
Veteran

Sebring 2020 re-confirmed, thankfully
http://www.dailysportscar.com/2019/0...confirmed.html
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ImQaZDq3_LY
Old 2 May 2019, 18:03 (Ref:3901332)   #2069
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
I hope there is still an IMSA race there too
Old 2 May 2019, 21:05 (Ref:3901404)   #2070
Anyopenroad
Veteran

England
London
Anyopenroad has a real shot at the championship!Anyopenroad has a real shot at the championship!Anyopenroad has a real shot at the championship!Anyopenroad has a real shot at the championship!Anyopenroad has a real shot at the championship!Anyopenroad has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by S griffin View Post
I hope there is still an IMSA race there too
From the very first line of the article you clearly didn't read before posting:

"The FIA World Endurance Championship and IMSA have today confirmed that the joint WEC/IMSA race meeting at Sebring will return next season on March 18-21."
Old 2 May 2019, 23:32 (Ref:3901424)   #2071
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chiana View Post
Good to get confirmation. I’m going!
Old 3 May 2019, 15:00 (Ref:3901522)   #2072
broadrun96
Veteran

United States
broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anyopenroad View Post
From the very first line of the article you clearly didn't read before posting:

"The FIA World Endurance Championship and IMSA have today confirmed that the joint WEC/IMSA race meeting at Sebring will return next season on March 18-21."
I would recommend reading more in the forum, or having more smart ass friends. No one should have taken that other than sarcasm.
Old 3 May 2019, 15:14 (Ref:3901527)   #2073
Anyopenroad
Veteran

England
London
Anyopenroad has a real shot at the championship!Anyopenroad has a real shot at the championship!Anyopenroad has a real shot at the championship!Anyopenroad has a real shot at the championship!Anyopenroad has a real shot at the championship!Anyopenroad has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by broadrun96 View Post
No one should have taken that other than sarcasm.
If it had been you, or indeed any other poster, I would agree. I don't think that particular poster does irony.
Old 3 May 2019, 18:07 (Ref:3901563)   #2074
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
Well you can’t always read sarcasm on text
Old 3 May 2019, 18:42 (Ref:3901573)   #2075
Akrapovic
Veteran

Scotland
Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Sometimes I don't know what I'm reading on text.

Was that the worlds most anti-climatic qualifying session? Rebellion v SMP could be fun. Rebellions scrappy year risk SMP jumping them in the standings.