Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Classic Cars Monthly Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Historic Racing & Motorsport History > Historic Racing Today

Old 11 Nov 2020, 11:51 (Ref:4015966)   #376
bauble
Veteran

England
Potton, far from the madding crowd.
bauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kylegibson View Post
They are all linked to De Haviland engineering (aviation)
I never knew that. I must admit that the answer is a simple thing, nothing complicated, but maybe subtle. The connection is solely in the names.

Any way it makes a change from our Continental friend's obscure, arcane, contributions, Merci!
Old 11 Nov 2020, 11:55 (Ref:4015967)   #377
Paul D
Veteran

England
Southport, Merseyside
Paul D should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridPaul D should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by bauble View Post
Let's take a look at, say, the Aston Martin, and there is the answer. I think the clever people will instantly have the solution. Lesser intellects (356?) may need to apply the same approach to a few more of the images.

Does that help RB?
Which one's the Aston Martin?
Old 11 Nov 2020, 12:32 (Ref:4015970)   #378
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul D View Post
Which one's the Aston Martin?
Is it a faire part of birth you're "expecting" here? Something like Mr and Mrs Nash are happy to announce the birth of the young Politan in the Metro?
Old 11 Nov 2020, 13:06 (Ref:4015973)   #379
rbs
Veteran

England
northampton
rbs should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridrbs should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Let's take a look at, say, the Aston Martin, and there is the answer. I think the clever people will instantly have the solution. Lesser intellects (356?) may need to apply the same approach to a few more of the images.

Does that help RB?
No !!!!!

We have a Vauxhall Vectra also made as Opel, Nash Metropolitan also made as an Austin, Aston Martin, Auistin Healey, Derby Maserati based on a Miller & AC not sure if a Cobra, also made by Shelby, or a Ruddspeed Ace, still no nearer!
Old 11 Nov 2020, 13:40 (Ref:4015983)   #380
bauble
Veteran

England
bauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by rbs View Post
No !!!!!

We have a Vauxhall Vectra also made as Opel, Nash Metropolitan also made as an Austin, Aston Martin, Auistin Healey, Derby Maserati based on a Miller & AC not sure if a Cobra, also made by Shelby, or a Ruddspeed Ace,which therefore an Ac Ace ? still no nearer!
There all done.
Old 11 Nov 2020, 13:51 (Ref:4015986)   #381
merak1974
Racer

Norway
Oslo
merak1974 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
No !!!!!

We have a Vauxhall Vectra also made as Opel, Nash Metropolitan also made as an Austin, Aston Martin, Auistin Healey, Derby Maserati based on a Miller & AC not sure if a Cobra, also made by Shelby, or a Ruddspeed Ace, still no nearer!
They all contain names of places:
Vauxhall
Austin
Aston
Derby
Shelby
Old 11 Nov 2020, 13:58 (Ref:4015988)   #382
bauble
Veteran

England
Quote:
Originally Posted by merak1974 View Post
They all contain names of places:
Vauxhall
Austin
Aston
Derby
Shelby
It is not a Shelby AC. Otherwise well done. What is the Nash?

Bauble.
Old 11 Nov 2020, 14:03 (Ref:4015990)   #383
merak1974
Racer

Norway
Oslo
Quote:
It is not a Shelby AC. Otherwise well done. What is the Nash?

Bauble.
The Nash was also produced both as a Hudson and as an Austin, and both are places...
Old 11 Nov 2020, 14:07 (Ref:4015991)   #384
merak1974
Racer

Norway
Oslo
Quote:
The Nash was also produced both as a Hudson and as an Austin, and both are places...
... and is the AC an AC-Bristol?
Old 11 Nov 2020, 14:10 (Ref:4015992)   #385
bauble
Veteran

England
Quote:
The answer i had in mind was simply Metropolitan referring to a city. but never mind here is something simpler.

What do these cars have in common. PM's please.
Attached Thumbnails
PJO_5110.JPG   Picture 544.jpg   176.JPG  

129.JPG   Picture 147.jpg   IMG_5850.JPG  

Old 11 Nov 2020, 14:11 (Ref:4015993)   #386
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
I've heard of the Nash before, interesting it was used also by different makes. And both Hudson and Austin are places in the US.
Old 11 Nov 2020, 14:53 (Ref:4016005)   #387
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!
The last batch is a multiple answers quizz? The first being a hearse, I suggest end of an Era…*
Old 11 Nov 2020, 16:14 (Ref:4016014)   #388
bauble
Veteran

England
Quote:
... and is the AC an AC-Bristol?
Yup!
Old 11 Nov 2020, 19:41 (Ref:4016044)   #389
Alfaholic
Veteran

England
Felixstowe
Alfaholic should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridAlfaholic should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I think I may actually know the answer to one of these at last!

Or has someone already PM'd Bauble with the correct answer?
Old 11 Nov 2020, 21:42 (Ref:4016056)   #390
bauble
Veteran

England
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alfaholic View Post
I think I may actually know the answer to one of these at last!

Or has someone already PM'd Bauble with the correct answer?
Not so far Alf, 9.40pm Wednesday. Go for it you could be a winner.
Old 11 Nov 2020, 22:15 (Ref:4016063)   #391
Alfaholic
Veteran

England
Felixstowe
Alfaholic should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridAlfaholic should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Not so far Alf, 9.40pm Wednesday. Go for it you could be a winner.
Is there a prize - other than a dunce's hat when I'm proved wrong PM Sent.
Phil.
Old 11 Nov 2020, 22:21 (Ref:4016064)   #392
bauble
Veteran

England
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alfaholic View Post
Is there a prize - other than a dunce's hat when I'm proved wrong PM Sent.
Phil.
Alfa has it pretty well right, just one not ID'ed.

If I had an address, I could send a prize.
Old 11 Nov 2020, 22:43 (Ref:4016069)   #393
Alfaholic
Veteran

England
Felixstowe
Quote:
Alfa has it pretty well right, just one not ID'ed.

If I had an address, I could send a prize.
You don't need my address - just head due east and you'll be able to see the massive smug glow of me knowing I've actually got something right for once
Old 12 Nov 2020, 00:04 (Ref:4016080)   #394
rbs
Veteran

England
northampton
rbs should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridrbs should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
The answer i had in mind was simply Metropolitan referring to a city. but never mind here is something simpler.

What do these cars have in common. PM's please.
They all have "nicknames",
Owlet, Remus, Baby Doll?, hairy canary, syracuse & old yeller.

Bob S
Old 12 Nov 2020, 08:00 (Ref:4016101)   #395
rbs
Veteran

England
northampton
Sorry Baub, Thought I had sent a PM but was all mixed up after the police left here after an atemted burglary. Fortunately our dogs stopped them.
Old 12 Nov 2020, 08:31 (Ref:4016105)   #396
Mike Crow
Racer

Mike Crow should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
They all have "nicknames",
Owlet, Remus, Baby Doll?, hairy canary, syracuse & old yeller.

Bob S
The Morgan has Bulldog on the bonnet and I think the Connaught was called the toothpaste tube
Old 12 Nov 2020, 09:18 (Ref:4016109)   #397
bauble
Veteran

England
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Crow View Post
The Morgan has Bulldog on the bonnet and I think the Connaught was called the toothpaste tube
Correct Mike, something to crow about.

RB Baby Doll is not nickname it is the model, as distinct from a Plus 8, Club Sports, etc.

Mary Lindsay has owned and raced Bulldog since 1976, and it is always driven to and from race meetings,
Old 12 Nov 2020, 10:42 (Ref:4016126)   #398
rbs
Veteran

England
northampton
Can you find the common link here?
Click image for larger version

Name:	puzzle   (2).JPG
Views:	5
Size:	1.76 MB
ID:	65116Click image for larger version

Name:	puzzle   (3).JPG
Views:	7
Size:	1.22 MB
ID:	65117[ATTACH]65118[/ATTACH

Name:	puzzle   (1).JPG
Views:	1
Size:	3.74 MB
ID:	65119Click image for larger version

Name:	puzzle   (9).JPG
Views:	5
Size:	2.98 MB
ID:	65120Click image for larger version

Name:	puzzle   (14).JPG
Views:	10
Size:	3.30 MB
ID:	65121
Attached Thumbnails
puzzle   (5).JPG  
Old 13 Nov 2020, 11:55 (Ref:4016338)   #399
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
No answer at all means we need a clue… One or more!
Old 13 Nov 2020, 12:34 (Ref:4016343)   #400
rbs
Veteran

England
northampton
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gerard C View Post
No answer at all means we need a clue… One or more!
How about this?

Name:	puzzle   (7).JPG
Views:	2
Size:	5.56 MB
ID:	65126