Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Classic Cars Monthly Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Historic Racing & Motorsport History > Historic Racing Today

Old 26 Nov 2002, 08:56 (Ref:437123)   #1
LAK
Racer

LAK should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridLAK should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Stolen - Enclosed Trailer

Hi Guys. This is probably not the write forum but I need to vent my anger and I also need your help.

My beautiful, unique, individually designed fully enclosed trailer has been stolen. Unbelievable really as it is very bespoke and is easily recogised. It had mounds of security on it (chain, wheel clamp, hitch lock) and I think they took it in broad daylight. In case you see it around the tracks here is a description:

Metallic silver (matched to the Fiat Coupe grey steel), made by Target Trailers (chassis no 20) and fully enclosed. 19 ft long (15 ft internal), 6ft 6 wide (over wheels) and 7ft high (fits a saloon). Full height roller shutter doors on each side and a half height roller shutter on the front. Rear drop down doors that serve as ramps. External electric jack point, internal wheel shelf, internal electric points and lights. You can see a picture on: http://www.targetmotorsport.com/news.shtml

I am gutted as it took ages to design and to make and we have only had it this year. Someone out there has got their hands on a beautiful trailer albeit designed to take our race cars. Thankfully we are insured but that's really not the point.

Anyway, rant over. I know this happens every day but that doesn't mean that it makes you sick to the back teeth and angry to boot - such wasted time and energy.
That sums up how I feel at the moment!
Old 26 Nov 2002, 10:57 (Ref:437122)   #2
Stephen Green
Race Official
Veteran

England
Faversham, Kent
Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!
May I suggest you post this in the Marshals Forum as well as we often wander around the paddock to drool over the cars. You never know, one of us just might come across it?

I hope you manage to get a decent replacement before the start of the next season.

Stephen.
Old 26 Nov 2002, 16:52 (Ref:437322)   #3
paulzinho
Veteran

Brazil
Larkfield, Kent, UK
paulzinho should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridpaulzinho should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
What sort of racing are you involved in?
Old 26 Nov 2002, 16:58 (Ref:437328)   #4
LAK
Racer

LAK should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridLAK should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
My hubbie and I race historic Lancias with the HSCC and also a 1965 TVR Griffith in which we share the car in longer distance races. We had the trailer specifically made for the Griff as we normally drive our Lancias too and from the track. We'd have to get a second mortgage to drive the Griff any more than about 10 miles on the road (although it is totally road legal)!
LAK
Old 26 Nov 2002, 17:31 (Ref:437364)   #5
paulzinho
Veteran

Brazil
Larkfield, Kent, UK
paulzinho should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridpaulzinho should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
fair enough, good luck with your search then!
Old 26 Nov 2002, 22:15 (Ref:437539)   #6
TimD
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

United Kingdom
Derbyshire Peak District, United Kingdom
TimD should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTimD should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTimD should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
HSCC? Family racing Lancias? The penny drops!

Welcome to the forum, Louise. Wish it was in happier circumstances, but now you've found us, I hope you stick around.

Right, redouble efforts folks. These good club racers need our assistance.