Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 4 Sep 2001, 23:50 (Ref:141490)   #1
paulzinho
Veteran

Brazil
Larkfield, Kent, UK
paulzinho should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridpaulzinho should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
How long have you been watching F1?

How long have you lot been watching F1?

I started in 1991 aged 7 but i have seen many of the races from the eighties.
Old 5 Sep 2001, 00:08 (Ref:141493)   #2
Jeanburrasca81
Racer

Jeanburrasca81 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I was the only one in my family who was interested in Formula One at the beginning. I had to build up the interest on my own in 1993 aged 12, I remember some rare races in 1992, but from Brazil 93 until now I have seen every race. Also on holidays I found adventurous ways of watching the Grand Prix's...lol.

Best regards,

Julian
Old 5 Sep 2001, 00:36 (Ref:141505)   #3
Epsilon
Racer

Canada
Hamilton, ON, Canada
Epsilon should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I've been watching routinely since 1996 (because Villeneuve came on the scene), but I have memories of going downstairs on a Sunday morning to watch Sportsdesk, but instead coming across what I think was the 1992 South African GP.
Old 5 Sep 2001, 00:39 (Ref:141507)   #4
JeremySmith
Veteran

United Kingdom
Austin Texas
JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!
I have been watching since 1990...I wish now that I had taken an interest sooner that that..I still have to attend a race, and Spa is where I must go!
Old 5 Sep 2001, 01:40 (Ref:141523)   #5
f1grandprixshop
Veteran

f1grandprixshop should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
started watching late 1999 season i think 2nd to the last race
Old 5 Sep 2001, 01:57 (Ref:141529)   #6
Liz
Veteran

Liz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridLiz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Since some time in the middle seventies - about the time Jackie Stewart won his first championship and Mario and Co. were in F1 together. But my big interest began in the turbo era with Gilles, and when Prost began to race I started reading about it whenever I could. (There was no television coverage back then, just 1/2 hour highlights when you could find them.)

When Prost retired I quit watching regularly as I have never found another pilot that I liked as much. The modern day guys are too young and except for Juan Pablo and Jean Alesi are boring.
Old 5 Sep 2001, 02:13 (Ref:141532)   #7
marcus
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

Australia
Australia
marcus has a real shot at the podium!marcus has a real shot at the podium!marcus has a real shot at the podium!marcus has a real shot at the podium!
rnd 16 Adelaide , Australia 1985 was the first GP I saw..havent missed one since then.
Old 5 Sep 2001, 05:57 (Ref:141561)   #8
f1manoz
Veteran

Australia
Lincolnshire, UK
f1manoz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridf1manoz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridf1manoz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I started watching a bit in 1992 but watched full-time from 1994.
Old 5 Sep 2001, 07:12 (Ref:141579)   #9
racer69
Veteran

Australia
Sydney, Australia
racer69 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridracer69 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
The first GP i remember watching was the 1988 Australian GP aged 5, and seriously haven't missed one since.I wanted to see GP's from before that, but have never been able to find any, and i don't really like those season reviews.
Old 5 Sep 2001, 08:05 (Ref:141589)   #10
Dino IV
Veteran

MagnetON
NL
Dino IV should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDino IV should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
In 1983 I was 10 years old and watched some GP's I don't remember well, but from 1984 onwards I've been stuck. Which is way to short. I totally envy the wealth of F1 experience fellow 10-10'rs like Gerard have.
Old 5 Sep 2001, 08:26 (Ref:141596)   #11
TimD
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

United Kingdom
Derbyshire Peak District, United Kingdom
TimD should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTimD should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTimD should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
From as long as I can remember.

Racing-obsessed family, you see.

First F1 I attended was the 1971 International Trophy, first GP was the 1973 Silverstone race.

Back in those days, you were never guaranteed of seeing a race on TV, because the BBC disapproved of showing advertising - any advertising, and that meant the logos on the cars. I can honestly say that I've not missed an F1 broadcast since 1979, though.
Old 5 Sep 2001, 08:52 (Ref:141601)   #12
Minardi fan
Veteran

England
Llamaville, Kent
Minardi fan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Since qualifying, Imola, 1996.

GO GO UKYO!!!
Old 5 Sep 2001, 08:53 (Ref:141602)   #13
Carla O
Veteran

Portugal
London, UK
Carla O should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by Dino IV
In 1983 I was 10 years old and watched some GP's I don't remember well, but from 1984 onwards I've been stuck.

Exactly the same with me with the exception that in 83 i was 9/10 years old.

Coincidentaly 84 was the year Senna started
Old 5 Sep 2001, 08:55 (Ref:141604)   #14
bella
Race Official
Veteran

France
bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!
i'm the only one in the family who really likes racing, but i have always watched races. my earliest memory is watching nigel mansell racing a ferrari at monza, and asking me dad if we could go and see a race...
naturally he said no. this year, i'm making up for lost time...
Old 5 Sep 2001, 09:10 (Ref:141609)   #15
RWC
Veteran

RWC should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Adelaide '85,allthough i'd been into it abit before then.Senna & Rosberg had a great duel in that race-using 4 sets(?)of tyres each on a stinking hot day.There have been times that i've totally lost interest over the years though,It's good for a person to get a real life sometimes!!haha

Still yet to see a race live .....one day
maybe i'll wait 'till the cars can genuinely pass.I would have LOVED to have seen the slipstreaming battles at monza(old cars that could pass and no chicanes)!!!!!!!!
Old 5 Sep 2001, 12:05 (Ref:141711)   #16
GanjaGrizz
Racer

GanjaGrizz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
The first GP i attended was the Canadian GP 1978 , seeing Gilles win was one of my favorites moments. Have only missed 2 GP's in Montreal since. Missed in 1982 , we all know why and the year of the strike, i think it was 1986 or 87.
I have seen them come and go and still have not seen anyone with Gilles's pure driving talent. From the drivers we see these days no one every will come close to what this man could do with a car.
I still love the sport as much today as I did back then but the drivers of today could not compete with the drivers of yesterday, they wouldnt even stand a chance against drivers like Gilles Villeneuve....Schumi included..

So many fans here started watching in the middle 1990's, I see at least a couple have seen races in the 70's, I dont feel as old now....
Old 5 Sep 2001, 12:10 (Ref:141717)   #17
Bononi
Race Official
20KPINAL

Bononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
I watched some races in 70, but only started to follow it all in 71...

30 years. WOW !
Old 5 Sep 2001, 12:24 (Ref:141727)   #18
Robert
Racer

Robert should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I remember watching the great Jim Clark, when I was VEEEEERRRRY young, and later Jackie Stewart. I followed F1 on and off over the years, probably more off than on at times, but I kept coming back to it. My son, Andrew, was born in 1995 and for some reason I can't explain has been an F1 fan since almost as soon as he was old enough to watch. He could say "Michael Schumacher" in a Murray walker accent when he was 18 months old. I 've watched nearly every grand prix with him since than and now never miss it. Andrew will watch any type of motor racing and I have to tape The Chequered Flag, the CART racing and anything else for him. We've also been to Knockhill to watch Touring cars, Formula Renault, Formula 3, and lots of others.

I plan to take him to either Silverstone or Spa next year.

For the record, I am a DC fan and Andrew is a Mikey fan, but he is coming round to daddy's way of thinking.

Kids are great and give you a new way of enjoying things you used to take for granted.

Robert
Old 5 Sep 2001, 12:26 (Ref:141730)   #19
LucaBadoer
Veteran

United Kingdom
Harrogate, N Yorks.
LucaBadoer should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I've not missed a race/qual session since Australia '95 (when I was 10)
Old 5 Sep 2001, 12:33 (Ref:141733)   #20
kuchi
Veteran

Colombia
Bogota, Colombia
kuchi should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I started watching F1 since I guess 1997. But It were just the highlights, and I was not very interested. Then in 1998 a local network began transmiting the races, so I caught up a few. Now, on '99, when Juan entered CART, I got interested in racing, so, I watched the whole season. And since then I haven't missed one race.
Old 5 Sep 2001, 13:05 (Ref:141752)   #21
Murph
Racer

Murph should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I was 25 when I attended my first f1 race...the 1972 Canadian GP from Mosport Park. Jackie Stewart won in the Tyrrell 006.....among the other participants were Peter Revson, Emmo (the '72 WDC), Ronnie, Lole, "the Bear", Jacky Ickx, Clay, Henri Pescarolo, Francois Cevert,
Carlos Pace, Graham Hill, J P Beltoise, Derek Bell (in the completely forgetable Martini Techno), Chris Amon ( in the sweetest sounding f1 car that I've ever heard..the V12 Matra), and my first "hero"..Niki Lauda.

Over the 30 years..........whether hosted by Mosport Park, the Glen, Montreal, Detroit (ugh), and now Indy (surprisingly not too bad for us normal spectators). I've continued my love affair with "the circus".

Murph
Old 5 Sep 2001, 13:09 (Ref:141754)   #22
GanjaGrizz
Racer

GanjaGrizz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by Robert

For the record, I am a DC fan and Andrew is a Mikey fan, but he is coming round to daddy's way of thinking.

Kids are great and give you a new way of enjoying things you used to take for granted.

Robert
Robert was Andrew adopted? it would answer why he cheers for Schumi and not DC like you...lol.(just kidding)
Old 5 Sep 2001, 13:26 (Ref:141765)   #23
Robert
Racer

Robert should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by GanjaGrizz

Robert was Andrew adopted? it would answer why he cheers for Schumi and not DC like you...lol.(just kidding)
It makes for good viewing, we have great fun watching the races, it might not be such good fun if we both wanted the same guy to win.

Robert
Old 5 Sep 2001, 13:45 (Ref:141769)   #24
f1grandprixshop
Veteran

f1grandprixshop should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by Bononi
I watched some races in 70, but only started to follow it all in 71...

30 years. WOW !

* I wonder how young Bononi is....* hmmmm....

Old 5 Sep 2001, 15:13 (Ref:141862)   #25
Bononi
Race Official
20KPINAL

Bononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
38 very well lived years old !!!!