Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > General Forums > Virtual Racers

Old 4 Jan 2003, 23:06 (Ref:463931)   #1
Minardi fan
Veteran

England
Llamaville, Kent
Minardi fan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Sega GT 2002

Anyone else got this for their XBox? I must say I am more impressed than I thought I would be - in fact Splinter Cell and Morrowind have, to my surprise, seen little action since I got my Xbox the other day due to Sega GT... It's like Gran Turismo 3: A-Spec - only good... Just got the Caterham too - brilliant fun!

Last edited by Minardi fan; 4 Jan 2003 at 23:08.
Old 4 Jan 2003, 23:12 (Ref:463942)   #2
ASCII Man
Veteran

ASCII Man should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridASCII Man should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridASCII Man should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridASCII Man should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
I'm boycotting the Xbox, so i wouldn't know.
Old 4 Jan 2003, 23:38 (Ref:463965)   #3
Minardi fan
Veteran

England
Llamaville, Kent
Minardi fan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Yeah, I was going to as well... but I played Morrowind and saw Splinter Cell... I have to say it, but (unfortunately) Microsoft have done a better job than Sony or Nintendo...
Old 5 Jan 2003, 17:44 (Ref:464602)   #4
Markules
Racer

United Kingdom
London
Markules should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Sega GT is a bit hit and miss if you ask me. It's a very well balanced game, it just lacks in flair and substance. The tight handling and good circuit design make it a fun game to play, it's just a shame it's so basic - the tuning options are ok, but not amazing, the same being true of the visuals and selection of cars, and the lifespan of the game is very short - I had the game licked in under 12 hours and had pretty much tired of everything bar the Winding Road Challenge by the time I'd hit 15 hours.

Sega are going to release some add on discs, which will hopefully help, although simply put I don't think that'll be enough to make it a rival to GT3, Gotham Racing, etc, even then. Good game, but there are better out there.

Anyway, general note for all - games are a hobby. If you see games you like on a console, buy the console. All the companies involved bring millions, indeed, billions of investment to the industry, with increasing amounts of that going to independent developers comissioned to make games for them. Boycotting a console only means those big companies won't put the investment in in the future, and development houses will suffer.
Old 11 Jan 2003, 05:53 (Ref:470927)   #5
the man
Veteran

the man should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I have heard it is alright but when you put a turbo in a WRX flames shoot out of the exhaust pipe or somehting like that
Old 11 Jan 2003, 18:43 (Ref:471316)   #6
Damon
Veteran

United Kingdom
Hampshire, England
Damon should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Splinter Cell is coming to PS2 MF, and that game may have been the only reason I might have thought about getting an Xbox, but now there's no reason.
Old 11 Jan 2003, 21:13 (Ref:471454)   #7
Markules
Racer

United Kingdom
London
Markules should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
The problem with the PS2 version of Splinter Cell is that the game was designed from the ground up as an Xbox game, and is now being ported to other consoles - a bit like trying to stick round pegs in square and triangular holes.

Normally when this kind of thing happens, the games seldom transfer as well as the core version - look at Agent Under Fire on PS2 and the subsequent Xbox and GameCube games.