Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Club Level Single Seaters

Old 22 Oct 2002, 20:43 (Ref:410587)   #76
mattray
Veteran

mattray has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Ian,

The only way to kep the costs down would be to limit the amount of races and spread them out over the year, this way we could save up between races and maybe even be able to afford to test prior to every race. nothing worse then having to find the money (usually via a credit card) to sub the next race entry fees having not recovered from the cost of the previous race if you see what I mean.

Other Ian, the last thing I wanted to do was keep my foot in to get him over the line, it would have meant he would have been in the final and I was half into his cockpit anyway so I was a bit worried about taking his head off.

Matt
Old 22 Oct 2002, 22:31 (Ref:410727)   #77
Ian Sowman
Veteran

Ian Sowman should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridIan Sowman should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridIan Sowman should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Out of interest, how many races/meetings would you like to see in a year? Six? Ten? 16? Would you prefer single or double-headers? Or maybe longer races?

There seem to be a number of competitors who do something (or try to) most weekends and those who can only make it out once or month or so.

By co-ordinating the regional calendars, a driver could choose to focus on one, two or maybe even three championships...
Old 22 Oct 2002, 23:15 (Ref:410767)   #78
Ian-S
Racer

Ian-S should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by mattray

Other Ian, the last thing I wanted to do was keep my foot in to get him over the line, it would have meant he would have been in the final and I was half into his cockpit anyway so I was a bit worried about taking his head off.

Matt
Ah yes, I see now

excuse me for butting in on the other conversation, but I would like to see a return to prize money being awarded.

When I raced in FFord, I lived in Surrey but raced in the Star of Mallory, I was asked why the festival was my only race on my "home" track by the local radio and my answer was because there was prize money at Mallory and none at Brands, this paid for the entry and fuel to the next race if I were in the top three, during the year I only ever paid one entry fee for the first race and the rest were paid from prize money, the cost of running the car at each circuit was the same because the team were in Cambridge, so in the end it came down to wonga.

Double headers were fun though
Old 23 Oct 2002, 01:34 (Ref:410835)   #79
Ian-S
Racer

Quote:
Originally posted by Bodysnatcher
Sato's right
he did'nt get away with it - Pinki and I were at the top of paddock - post 3 and thought he had got away with it, but our man on the spot at the bottom of paddock is 100% certain he did clip the tyre wall.
erm, he got away with it, believe me, I've been in that wall and it hurts, so in my eyes, he got away with it
Old 23 Oct 2002, 05:27 (Ref:410913)   #80
Sato san
Veteran

United Kingdom
Sato san should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridSato san should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
yes , he did get a way with it , but yes he did touch the barrier too...

great stuff though .
Old 23 Oct 2002, 21:05 (Ref:411647)   #81
Ian-S
Racer

bloody lucky if you ask me
Old 24 Oct 2002, 06:40 (Ref:411887)   #82
mattray
Veteran

Ian,

I think only a small mumber of meetings would be good like maybe 5 or 6 double headers. A mail has been sent to the BRSCC about it all we k=need is some support from other FF1600 racers.

this is the guy to write to:

John Ward

BRSCC Competitions Manager
35 Kings Hill Avenue,
West Malling,
Kent,
ME19 4RR
England
P 0044 (0) 1732 848884
F 0044 (0) 1732 848989

if enough interest is shown then maybe this can get done!

Matt
Old 24 Oct 2002, 23:27 (Ref:412769)   #83
Ian Sowman
Veteran

Ian Sowman should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridIan Sowman should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridIan Sowman should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
That sounds like a good idea. Would the calendar be arranged so that these races took place on weekends when there was no regional FFord, or maybe at meetings that included regional FFord.

I'd definitely be keen to see this get off the ground.
Old 25 Oct 2002, 07:09 (Ref:412901)   #84
Stephen Green
Race Official
Veteran

England
Faversham, Kent
Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!
You would have no shortage of marshals to help, that much I am sure of!
Old 25 Oct 2002, 17:55 (Ref:413474)   #85
verglas
Racer

verglas should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
There would be no shortage of marshalls needed I would have thought as well!!
Old 25 Oct 2002, 19:05 (Ref:413534)   #86
Sato san
Veteran

United Kingdom
Sato san should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridSato san should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
plenty of spectators too !
Old 27 Oct 2002, 09:24 (Ref:414544)   #87
mattray
Veteran

as it said in the mail I sent you Ian it would be best if it didnt clash with regional rounds so people could afford to do every round if they wanted.

People need to realise that if there is a regional round as well as an invitational round at a circuit the entry fees for the 2 is in excess of £300!

Ian S the prize money at Combe was 150 for a win and then 100 then 70 right down to 10th place which was pretty good but t didnt reflect the rise in entry fees which went up to 165 but dont want to get this onto a disscusion about entry fees.

My personal opinion about this proposed championships entry fees would be too raise them a bit to pay for some promotion, this way the popularity of it would be higher and getting sponsors would be easier.

any ideas?

Matt
Old 27 Oct 2002, 16:43 (Ref:414790)   #88
goughy
Racer

goughy should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I think gaining full grids for a national championship would be very difficult, after all we are club drivers, with club budgets. Perhaps an idea would be to incorporate the championship within the existing regional championships. This worked very well in a championship I competed in when I was kart racing.

This would have to be cleared with all regional championship co-coordinators although I can't see that being a problem-after all it will bring more drivers to their championship and they all want bigger grids. Those drivers competing in the national series will not only be competing against each other but regular regional championship drivers not in the national championship in the same race. The chance to race for 2 lots of trophies would therefore be possible. The only problem I would see would be too many drivers for one grid, but I think the North-West series is introducing a knock out scheme next year to counter this problem so at least at Oulton I don’t think it would be a problem. I don't see there being any opposition from those drivers just competing in the regional championship because I’m sure most of them will enjoy the challenge of new drivers visiting as it is always a recipe to shake the pecking order up a bit.

You will have the problem of the possibility of a national championship driver being taken out by just a regional driver and thus wrecking their championship hopes, but this is a situation I guess you have at Combe and we will have in the north-west series next year. I think the champion at the end of the day will be a true national champion as he has gone out and raced all the best FF club drivers in the country including those who do not have the funds/time to compete in a national series.

I hope that all makes sense, what do you think? Obviously it needs a bit more thinking about but cost wise etc. I think it is a viable option, as you may only get 6/7 drivers who can compete in all the rounds.
Old 27 Oct 2002, 18:26 (Ref:414853)   #89
mattray
Veteran

it makes sence goughy but as I said it kind of forces all the fast people to do both the races wihch pushes the cost up to double the entry fee. I know if I am racing and there is say a southern race at Combe where we have a Combe race, I feel I have to do it if another front runner is doing it which makes it too expensive! or at least I did, I dont bother now, cant afford it!!

if its kept away from the regional races the regional people can have the choice to make up the numbers if necessary in the national champ and the national runners can concentrate on that championship.

Matt
Old 27 Oct 2002, 18:52 (Ref:414869)   #90
goughy
Racer

Matt, the idea is that the national series takes place within the same regional race, not have separate races for both championships.

So if the national series comes to Oulton you compete in the same race as the rest of the north-west drivers. Again coordinators would need to be talked to cos there are 2 options. Either visiting national drivers have to pay the regional championship registration fee. This means a national driver can score not only national points but also regional points for that series, which also means the chance to score in effect two podium finishes. The 2nd option coordinators will wavier the fee, hence you score only national points within the regional race.

Stuart
Old 27 Oct 2002, 19:16 (Ref:414895)   #91
mattray
Veteran

Ahh I see what you mean,

I would prefere to have a seperate championship though to be honest, it would be less confusing for the crowds, easier to promote in its own right and less complicated in the event of a regional championship having a full grid as it is at Combe.

Getting full grids may not be a problem because it could be used as an affordable alternative to Zetec for younger drivers to learn a bit of car racing. also if it were run away from regional champs the regional drivers could do the national champ if they wanted.
Old 27 Oct 2002, 19:25 (Ref:414904)   #92
goughy
Racer

Matt, let me know of any developments then. However it is run, the basic idea of having a national series sounds great.
Old 27 Oct 2002, 19:28 (Ref:414908)   #93
mattray
Veteran

how about you write a letter of support to the above address to help things along, the more support the better!!!

many thanks

Matt
Old 27 Oct 2002, 19:30 (Ref:414909)   #94
mattray
Veteran

By The Way I like your web page!!
Old 27 Oct 2002, 19:42 (Ref:414916)   #95
goughy
Racer

Yeah, it was good at the start of the year, but its not been updated for ages and also I'm not to sure about the flash into. I think flash intros are a bit of a waste of time now.

I do want a new site or the exisiting one revised for next season. The guy who did mine is really good but hes far too busy to update things like the photo gallery, I don't have a clue how to do it!

Who does your web page?

I'll prob write to the BRSCC, do you have an e-mail address for John Ward?
Old 27 Oct 2002, 19:53 (Ref:414921)   #96
mattray
Veteran

john.ward@brscc.co.uk

A sponsor did mine its part of the Newsquest group http://www.thisiswiltshire.co.uk really good people to deal with it was sort of a tie in with Castle Combe and the Wiltshire gazette and Newsquest.
Old 28 Oct 2002, 08:11 (Ref:415259)   #97
EvilPumpkin
CCNA
Royalridge Computing
A LARGE Teapot
Veteran

Ireland
EvilPumpkin is going for a new world record!EvilPumpkin is going for a new world record!EvilPumpkin is going for a new world record!EvilPumpkin is going for a new world record!EvilPumpkin is going for a new world record!EvilPumpkin is going for a new world record!EvilPumpkin is going for a new world record!EvilPumpkin is going for a new world record!
goughy - updating websites isn't a major exercise - if you need a hand getting to grips with it, drop me a PM and let me know what you're trying to do and I'll give whatever help I can.
Old 28 Oct 2002, 17:49 (Ref:415672)   #98
goughy
Racer

Matt,

Got the Noth-west formula ford newsletter today and it had some info from john ward about FF next season. Basically he was asking us to let him know if we want to compete in a national series next year over 6 rounds as it could be a possibility. He also mentioned his doubts over this ever working though as he had been tried a while ago without much success. i'll guess we will have to wait and see.
Old 28 Oct 2002, 18:07 (Ref:415695)   #99
Ian Sowman
Veteran

Be interesting to see what John Ward actually wrote. Did he emphasise that it would be arranged not to clash with regional races and could be seen as either an 'instead of' or an 'as well as'?

If it does go ahead, and I get the pay rise I'm supposed to in January I'd be extremely tempted to try and get my licence and join in the fun!
Old 28 Oct 2002, 21:18 (Ref:415861)   #100
goughy
Racer

i have left the newsletter at work, so when I bring it home i'll post what it says.