Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Racing Talk > Racers Forum

Old 7 May 2008, 20:15 (Ref:2196336)   #1
pit bull
Racer

United Kingdom
In the pit lane, Cheshire
pit bull should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Not sure when else to ask but..

I am entering my first race (nervous, you bet) any how on the entry form, it asks if I want to make a donation to the 'marshals fund'.
Now me being a marshal as well as a racer now, I know that marshals are worth every penny of my bank account.
My question is what do you guys/gals normally donate, if you don't want it public then send me a PM with a suggested amount.
Thanks in advance.

Some say he spent it on fags, some say he exchanged it for a traffic light air freshner for his race car. all we know is he's called PIT BULL! :)[/QUOTE]
Old 7 May 2008, 20:24 (Ref:2196341)   #2
Tim Falce
Race Official
Veteran

England
Very edge of S E London almost in Kent
Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!
I donate from between nothing to £10 depending on my bank balance, mood and the club involved.
Old 7 May 2008, 20:51 (Ref:2196372)   #3
AU N EGL
Veteran

United States
Raleigh, North Carolina
AU N EGL should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridAU N EGL should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I bring Donnuts to the race and give to the Marshalls.
Old 7 May 2008, 22:26 (Ref:2196447)   #4
dtype38
Race Official
Veteran

England
East London
dtype38 has a real shot at the podium!dtype38 has a real shot at the podium!dtype38 has a real shot at the podium!dtype38 has a real shot at the podium!
When race entries used to cost £100-£120 I used to donate a fiver per race to the marshalls fund, but when they went up to £200 I stopped being able to afford it.
Old 8 May 2008, 12:06 (Ref:2196802)   #5
graeme
Veteran

United Kingdom
Macclesfield
graeme should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
They aren't going to refuse your entry if you don't donate!

As a championship, we do a big collection every year then donate it for a marshalling cause (marshal's huts for Croft last year).
Old 8 May 2008, 14:31 (Ref:2196904)   #6
Tim Falce
Race Official
Veteran

England
Very edge of S E London almost in Kent
Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!
The one that annoys the hell out of me is the BARC SE at Lydden where they state on the entry a voluntary contribution which is compulsory, suffice to say I don't give to that one.
Old 9 May 2008, 10:53 (Ref:2197509)   #7
Notso Swift
Veteran

United Nations
37deg 46'52.36" S 144deg 59' 01.83"E
Notso Swift should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Bit like a restaurant when they add the tip in for you... meal was 1 hour late and cold, we suggest 18.5%
Old 9 May 2008, 12:42 (Ref:2197569)   #8
jacobyte
Rookie

United Kingdom
jacobyte should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
In the past, rather than donate, I have been a marshal at some events. It really hits home as to the hard job they sometimes have to do, hanging around in the freezing cold rain all day, or waving a flag constantly for an arm-aching 20+ minutes, etc, just so that we can all play in greater safety.
Old 9 May 2008, 12:57 (Ref:2197581)   #9
Dave Brand
Veteran

England
Hadfield, Derbyshire (UK)
Dave Brand is going for a new lap record!Dave Brand is going for a new lap record!Dave Brand is going for a new lap record!Dave Brand is going for a new lap record!Dave Brand is going for a new lap record!Dave Brand is going for a new lap record!
Why not cut out the middleman & just buy yourself a pint...or two!
Old 9 May 2008, 13:12 (Ref:2197595)   #10
jacobyte
Rookie

United Kingdom
jacobyte should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I like your thinking!
Old 9 May 2008, 14:46 (Ref:2197654)   #11
Rikki Cann
Racer

England
Rochford Essex
Rikki Cann should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by pit bull
I am entering my first race (nervous, you bet) any how on the entry form, it asks if I want to make a donation to the 'marshals fund'.
Now me being a marshal as well as a racer now, I know that marshals are worth every penny of my bank account.
My question is what do you guys/gals normally donate, if you don't want it public then send me a PM with a suggested amount.
Thanks in advance.
Good luck with your first race, take some deep breaths on the green flag lap and remember to select first gear and NOT REVERSE when griding up, and all will be fine.
Old 13 May 2008, 15:58 (Ref:2201298)   #12
Stuart H
Veteran

England
Wellingborough
Stuart H should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
pitbull - go with what you can afford.

Good luck with your first race - let everyone on here know how you done !!
Old 15 May 2008, 17:55 (Ref:2203307)   #13
Mark Mitchell
Veteran

England
Staffordshire Moorlands
Mark Mitchell should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMark Mitchell should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMark Mitchell should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMark Mitchell should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
As a Marshal - and I'm sure I speak for Marshals everywhere - we don't expect any driver (Who's just coughed up loadsa money in entry fees etc) to donate to our mystery fund! (That's not to say we don't appreciate it - we do!)

As for having to fund Marshals huts at croft.....that's appalling! Surely that should be the responsibility of the Circuit?

Anyway Tony, have a good day at Oulton.....keep your speed down in the pit lane - you know what miserable sods the marshals are in there!!!!
Old 20 May 2008, 14:14 (Ref:2207393)   #14
greenamex2
Veteran

England
Hertfordshire
greenamex2 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I donate a fiver. Our club (CTCRC) also buys the doughnuts, gives away badges, club magazines etc.

Good job guys.

Just a shame that the donation doesn't buy immunity for overtaking under yellows etc

As for your first race, just consider anything after getting through scrutineering a bonus!
Old 21 May 2008, 18:52 (Ref:2208536)   #15
chezza
Veteran

England
Shrewton, Wiltshire
chezza should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridchezza should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridchezza should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by falcemob
The one that annoys the hell out of me is the BARC SE at Lydden where they state on the entry a voluntary contribution which is compulsory, suffice to say I don't give to that one.
Oi...no we don't! It is certainly not compulsory and people are certanily not expected to pay.

Unless you're talking about the choclate bar donations that were requested at the beginning of last season (but that was a test to see if the drivers had read the finals...not to make the drivers contribute to the marshals fund)
Old 22 May 2008, 09:11 (Ref:2208872)   #16
pit bull
Racer

United Kingdom
In the pit lane, Cheshire
pit bull should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark Mitchell

Anyway Tony, have a good day at Oulton.....keep your speed down in the pit lane - you know what miserable sods the marshals are in there!!!!
If I speed in the pit lane, (I'll put on my orange overalls) and give myself a talking too

Some say he spent it on fags, some say he exchanged it for a traffic light air freshner for his race car. all we know is he's called PIT BULL! :)[/QUOTE]