Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Australasian Touring Cars.

Old 19 Jul 2006, 02:30 (Ref:1659630)   #51
D.R.T.
Veteran

D.R.T. should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridD.R.T. should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
So Woolley it would be fair to say that the Brits dont share the view of Avesco, that v8's are the greatest touring car championship in the world.
Old 19 Jul 2006, 04:01 (Ref:1659663)   #52
mountainstar
Veteran

United States
mountainstar should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridmountainstar should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridmountainstar should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Among your casual fan in the US of course they don't know about V8 Supercars. But the hardcore race fan types do. Do you know last year in a Speed TV poll, people voted V8 Supercars their favorite championship? And speed only shows the races mid day mid week, tape delayed until Dec/Jan?

I always hear from aussies, kiwis and others how ignorant the US is of other sports/news/whatever outside the US. They don't get they come from a tiny country of 4-20 million whereas we've got 300 million and 50 friggen states. It's hard enough keeping track of what goes on in our own state, much less the whole USA then the world. Some states have bigger economies than all of Australia and NZ combined.
Old 19 Jul 2006, 05:29 (Ref:1659684)   #53
D.R.T.
Veteran

D.R.T. should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridD.R.T. should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
How many people participated in that poll, mountainstar?
Old 19 Jul 2006, 07:06 (Ref:1659712)   #54
Robert Ryan
Veteran

Robert Ryan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
So Woolley it would be fair to say that the Brits dont share the view of Avesco, that v8's are the greatest touring car championship in the world
Well Logically they would think the BTCC is; The Germans the DTM; US and Canada NASCAR.
The topic is about not , what was the best Touring Car championship is, but how much to fans know about V8Supercar elsewhere. It seems the informed fan does.
Quote:
Do you know last year in a Speed TV poll, people voted V8 Supercars their favorite championship? And speed only shows the races mid day mid week, tape delayed until Dec/Jan?
I remember that..Dave Despain, said if the interest translated to spectators in the US, they would outdraw CCWS. Strangely after that V8Supercar was shown less and less on the NASCAR orientated cable channel. Highlights were being put on at funny hours and without notice..hmmmm upset someone in the NASCAR hierachy.
Old 19 Jul 2006, 07:19 (Ref:1659720)   #55
Robert Ryan
Veteran

Robert Ryan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
I always hear from aussies, kiwis and others how ignorant the US is of other sports/news/whatever outside the US. They don't get they come from a tiny country of 4-20 million whereas we've got 300 million and 50 friggen states.
I cannot buy that...they nothing of F1, WRC, Superbikes, Motogp, DTM, Japanese GT , FIA GT etc. They are run in places of more than 4- 20 million.
Old 19 Jul 2006, 22:42 (Ref:1660362)   #56
Woolley
Race Official
Veteran

England
Wolverhampton, England
Woolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by D.R.T.
So Woolley it would be fair to say that the Brits dont share the view of Avesco, that v8's are the greatest touring car championship in the world.
Well, most of us like the sound they make, and I don't know a Pom who isn't excited by a large bunch of big beastie V8 engined monstors!

Personally, I think the V8s are probably the best - just - but none of the series is perfect by a long way. However, I don't share the view of AVESCO that AVESCO is the best organiser in the world, although the competition for that title is pretty thin. I'm not convinced there's a promotor anywhere at the moment )and not just in Touring Cars) that doesn't promote themselves first and the racing a distant second.

However, that is well off topic. I'd say that the committed race fan over here probably knows more about V8s than DTM probably because Bathurst is so famous.