Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > NASCAR & Stock Car Racing

Old 28 Feb 2020, 23:47 (Ref:3960497)   #101
broadrun96
Veteran

United States
broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
A bounty I can get behind, 100k to the Cup driver who beats Busch in a truck race. It was 50k from Harvick, the CEO of Gander matched the 50k. The next race with a Cup driver in a truck is Chase Elliot at Atlanta.

And every Trucks/Xfinity ticket combo purchase has 5 bucks to the buyer's favorite drivers charity at AMS. I'm thinking it's going to be a decently full track if they can keep the weather from freezing.
Old 1 Mar 2020, 03:37 (Ref:3960722)   #102
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by broadrun96 View Post
A bounty I can get behind, 100k to the Cup driver who beats Busch in a truck race. It was 50k from Harvick, the CEO of Gander matched the 50k. The next race with a Cup driver in a truck is Chase Elliot at Atlanta.

And every Trucks/Xfinity ticket combo purchase has 5 bucks to the buyer's favorite drivers charity at AMS. I'm thinking it's going to be a decently full track if they can keep the weather from freezing.
Oh. Is that happening this weekend?

Go Chase.
Old 1 Mar 2020, 16:26 (Ref:3960805)   #103
broadrun96
Veteran

United States
broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Nope, they finally got it pushed back after bad weather years in a row. If course this weekend was great and today is supposed to be 65 so. It's in 2 weeks now, March 14, 15th for the Cup races.
Old 3 Mar 2020, 01:44 (Ref:3961129)   #104
broadrun96
Veteran

United States
Nascar going boy racer, 18" aluminum wheel and single center wheel nut with the 2021 car update

https://racer.com/2020/03/02/nascar-...sign-for-2021/
Old 3 Mar 2020, 03:27 (Ref:3961138)   #105
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Nascar going boy racer, 18" aluminum wheel and single center wheel nut with the 2021 car update

https://racer.com/2020/03/02/nascar-...sign-for-2021/
I said welcome to 1950s F1 and WSC with the update but gone is the last stock feature of stockcars....
Old 3 Mar 2020, 13:19 (Ref:3961200)   #106
broadrun96
Veteran

United States
Quote:
Originally Posted by fieldodreams79 View Post
I said welcome to 1950s F1 and WSC with the update but gone is the last stock feature of stockcars....
The change to 18s was driven by Goodyear and the fact they don't sell a 15" tire. They wanted a more street look and I'm guessing make them similarly to the rest of their racing tire range. The single lug was a cost savings, apparently other people have made them before so there's a market for them.

Although for a stock car I guess they'll have to start racing 911 GT3s with the street center lock. Or the Mustang with a couple fake center lock wheel options
Old 4 Mar 2020, 19:19 (Ref:3961592)   #107
Alfisti
Veteran

England
North Yorkshire, England
Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!
Single nut is going to take away something from the pit stops for me.

I am still amazed week in, week out, at the skill of the guys changing wheels so quickly and with very few issues.

NASCAR pit stops are interesting. F1 is so damn quick these days you have no time to register what just occured. Or is that just me?
Old 4 Mar 2020, 19:35 (Ref:3961600)   #108
PointDSM
Racer

United States
Wisconsin
PointDSM is a back marker
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alfisti View Post

I am still amazed week in, week out, at the skill of the guys changing wheels so quickly and with very few issues.

NASCAR pit stops are interesting. F1 is so damn quick these days you have no time to register what just occured. Or is that just me?
As being a long time stock car racing fan, and sports car racing (and I've done both at the grassroots level), I would be perfectly fine with center lug wheels and a fueling rig to eliminate the gas-can. Make pit stops a bit more efficient, but then add 100hp, remove some aero, run some road/street courses, give a finite number of tires/car/race, and have some fun. I absolutely love tire wars and tire strategy, could use more of it over fuel games.
Old 4 Mar 2020, 19:37 (Ref:3961602)   #109
broadrun96
Veteran

United States
Well NASCAR has made a change to things on the track and it could be interesting. The Busch Clash is moving to Tuesday night before the 500, to make a solid 6 days of running in the newly minted Speedweek. And the Busch Clash moves to the road course instead of the oval. Road course under the lights with the current car could be interesting and I may actually watch that. The 2021 car will debut with the 500 so teams will have to bring 4 cars, 2 2020 for the Clash and 2021 for the 500, but I'm guessing Clash drivers were already bringing a Clash setup and 500 setup anyway.
Old 4 Mar 2020, 20:36 (Ref:3961618)   #110
TheMightyM
Veteran

TheMightyM has a real shot at the podium!TheMightyM has a real shot at the podium!TheMightyM has a real shot at the podium!TheMightyM has a real shot at the podium!
Running the Busch Clash on the road course completely makes sense and is something they should have done years ago. It distinguishes the Clash from the 500 and will almost certainly reduce the repair costs teams are facing.
Old 5 Mar 2020, 02:18 (Ref:3961662)   #111
broadrun96
Veteran

United States
I think there is a serious desire to add road courses to the schedule. It comes up every time they do a fan survey and I'm surprised every time. But it's consistent. I just REALLY hope they don't want to add Road Atlanta to the schedule, I don't know what they would do to the track but I'm guessing the costs would go up for everything
Old 5 Mar 2020, 04:54 (Ref:3961682)   #112
TheMightyM
Veteran

TheMightyM has a real shot at the podium!TheMightyM has a real shot at the podium!TheMightyM has a real shot at the podium!TheMightyM has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
I think there is a serious desire to add road courses to the schedule. It comes up every time they do a fan survey and I'm surprised every time. But it's consistent. I just REALLY hope they don't want to add Road Atlanta to the schedule, I don't know what they would do to the track but I'm guessing the costs would go up for everything
I agree that there's a desire to add more road courses to the schedule. The problem though is that the supply of NASCAR currently exceeds the demand for NASCAR. Unless the series is willing to dump some existing ovals, there isn't that much they can do actually add road courses aside from having some events on a track's roval instead of its oval.
Old 5 Mar 2020, 05:51 (Ref:3961683)   #113
Nick Woodbury
Veteran

United States
New England
Nick Woodbury is going for a new world record!Nick Woodbury is going for a new world record!Nick Woodbury is going for a new world record!Nick Woodbury is going for a new world record!Nick Woodbury is going for a new world record!Nick Woodbury is going for a new world record!Nick Woodbury is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMightyM View Post
I agree that there's a desire to add more road courses to the schedule. The problem though is that the supply of NASCAR currently exceeds the demand for NASCAR. Unless the series is willing to dump some existing ovals, there isn't that much they can do actually add road courses aside from having some events on a track's roval instead of its oval.
That may very well happen in 2021. According to reports, there is a strong chance that next year's track contracts will shift to a year-to-year structure rather than the multi-year borderline monopoly contracts that we have seen for decades, with the intent of opening the doors to completely new venues. When the '21 schedule is released sometime this coming April I wouldn't be surprised if the schedule will have a different look to it, but expect a radically changed one in '22.
Old 5 Mar 2020, 14:05 (Ref:3961749)   #114
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
2020 Nascar Big 3

I hope they keep it to more ovals though. A few road courses won’t go amiss though. I certainly expect NASCAR to pick up again. I just they don’t try anything too radical. Keep it to what it knows best and let it grow
Old 5 Mar 2020, 19:44 (Ref:3961799)   #115
broadrun96
Veteran

United States
Wood Brothers win Twitter for the day

https://twitter.com/woodbrothers21/s...547107840?s=20
Old 5 Mar 2020, 19:47 (Ref:3961800)   #116
FIRE
Race Official
Veteran

Netherlands
FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!
Quote:

I agree.
Old 5 Mar 2020, 19:53 (Ref:3961802)   #117
broadrun96
Veteran

United States
Quote:

There are MANY issues with Cup and Xfinity stops, look at the monday morning penalties. Just this week at least 5 teams were fined, it's not clear and error free. They just don't show it on air
Old 5 Mar 2020, 20:10 (Ref:3961808)   #118
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
Quote:
Originally Posted by PointDSM View Post
As being a long time stock car racing fan, and sports car racing (and I've done both at the grassroots level), I would be perfectly fine with center lug wheels and a fueling rig to eliminate the gas-can. Make pit stops a bit more efficient, but then add 100hp, remove some aero, run some road/street courses, give a finite number of tires/car/race, and have some fun. I absolutely love tire wars and tire strategy, could use more of it over fuel games.
AGREE! I like the 5 lugs b/c it is different, but it's a little old fashioned now. And always, always, always, more power, less downforce and less mechanical grip!

Quote:
Running the Busch Clash on the road course completely makes sense and is something they should have done years ago. It distinguishes the Clash from the 500 and will almost certainly reduce the repair costs teams are facing.
Completely disagree. They just need to figure out how to fix plate races. Clash, Twins and the 500 IS Speedweeks. Yes to more road courses. No to rovals.
Old 5 Mar 2020, 20:12 (Ref:3961809)   #119
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
Quote:
Originally Posted by S griffin View Post
I hope they keep it to more ovals though. A few road courses won’t go amiss though. I certainly expect NASCAR to pick up again. I just they don’t try anything too radical. Keep it to what it knows best and let it grow
They need the correct ovals. They need more short tracks. They need to get back to places like North Wilkesboro. It may be too late, tho.

Quote:
They dumped The Rock entirely, which was a mistake. I think alternating years at tracks would be nice, but meh, I don't really care anymore...
Old 5 Mar 2020, 20:18 (Ref:3961810)   #120
PointDSM
Racer

United States
Wisconsin
PointDSM is a back marker
Quote:
Originally Posted by fieldodreams79 View Post
They need the correct ovals. They need more short tracks. They need to get back to places like North Wilkesboro. It may be too late, tho.

They dumped The Rock entirely, which was a mistake. I think alternating years at tracks would be nice, but meh, I don't really care anymore...
I still Cup running at the Milwaukee Mile and Road America, alternating years, would be a great move. Just don't put it on the weekend next to Chicago. Gateway should be a Cup race as well (double-header with Indycar).
Old 6 Mar 2020, 00:56 (Ref:3961837)   #121
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
Don’t get ahead of yourselves, circuits need to probe they are worthy first
Old 7 Mar 2020, 12:40 (Ref:3962118)   #122
Alfisti
Veteran

England
North Yorkshire, England
Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!
Be interesting (to me at least!) to see how the revised aero package works in the Cup race tomorrow.

More overtaking or just trickier to drive cars?
Old 8 Mar 2020, 01:57 (Ref:3962239)   #123
broadrun96
Veteran

United States
Quote:
Be interesting (to me at least!) to see how the revised aero package works in the Cup race tomorrow.

More overtaking or just trickier to drive cars?
Second could lead to the first and would be a massive improvement.
Old 12 Mar 2020, 18:39 (Ref:3963530)   #124
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
NASCAR will race with no fans in Atlanta and Homestead.
Old 13 Mar 2020, 17:29 (Ref:3963932)   #125
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
And now NASCAR, along with IndyCar being the last hold outside, has canceled their next two events, including this weekend at AMS.