Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: FlagMarshal.com MarshalsGuide.com Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Racing Talk > Marshals Forum

Old 11 Dec 2006, 20:59 (Ref:1788309)   #1
Brendan Lennon
Rookie

Brendan Lennon should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
[pics] Marshals 'Pay Back' TrackDay photos from Mondello Park 2006

The purpose of 'Pay Back' TrackDay day is to provide an opportunity to thank marshals who make our sport possible during the year, and raise money for a local charity. Great day had by all, damp track made things interesting

More pics here
Old 12 Dec 2006, 09:06 (Ref:1788736)   #2
EvilPumpkin
CCNA
Royalridge Computing
A LARGE Teapot
Veteran

Ireland
EvilPumpkin is going for a new world record!EvilPumpkin is going for a new world record!EvilPumpkin is going for a new world record!EvilPumpkin is going for a new world record!EvilPumpkin is going for a new world record!EvilPumpkin is going for a new world record!EvilPumpkin is going for a new world record!EvilPumpkin is going for a new world record!
looks like fun - glad you had a good day.

Just a shame that something similar isn't organised fo rthe circuit marshals, but it's good to see the Rally drivers are willing to give something back.

That's the 8th or 9th one now isn't it?
Old 12 Dec 2006, 09:39 (Ref:1788764)   #3
Rockmunky
Veteran

England
'artfordshire
Rockmunky should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridRockmunky should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Well that certainly looked like alot of fun!
Old 12 Dec 2006, 09:46 (Ref:1788768)   #4
Doc Hollywood
Racer

Ireland
Dublin, Ireland
Doc Hollywood should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDoc Hollywood should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDoc Hollywood should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
It looks like a blast!

I agree with EP that something similar for circuit marshals should be organised. As it is I can see 2 circuit racing cars in the pic. And a host of rallycrossers. Definitley one for the circuit marshals to get there hand in on.

It looks really well attended so it speaks volumes for the organisation. Well done guys!
Old 13 Dec 2006, 12:21 (Ref:1789802)   #5
haystacks
Veteran

England
Sittingbourne Kent
haystacks should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I thought MSV gave track days to marshals at all its venues. So some track marshals also get something back.
Old 13 Dec 2006, 12:28 (Ref:1789806)   #6
MagnetON
Admin
Veteran

MagnetON
Dublin
MagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
I'm sure MSV do, I think the point is being made regarding the track marshals at Mondello.

Mondello do offer track marshals who complete a certain number of days a free session at the PDC. It would be rather interesting to see if that PDC session could be expanded into the Motorspoirt Ireland license assessment, so that most circuit marshals in Ireland could also hold competition licenses
Old 13 Dec 2006, 13:15 (Ref:1789839)   #7
Doc Hollywood
Racer

Ireland
Dublin, Ireland
Doc Hollywood should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDoc Hollywood should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDoc Hollywood should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by MagnetON
Mondello do offer track marshals who complete a certain number of days a free session at the PDC.
Actually, from what I can see the PDC day went in the bin this year aswell.
Old 13 Dec 2006, 13:28 (Ref:1789847)   #8
MagnetON
Admin
Veteran

MagnetON
Dublin
MagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Doc Hollywood
Actually, from what I can see the PDC day went in the bin this year aswell.
Really? I thought they had it at the start of each season. To be honest, did it twice and would only be interested in doing it again if they did one on the National circuit.
Old 13 Dec 2006, 14:17 (Ref:1789892)   #9
Jennifer_ni
Clears incidents with the POWER OF HER MIND!
Racer

Ireland
Co-Kildare
Jennifer_ni should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridJennifer_ni should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by MagnetON
Really? I thought they had it at the start of each season.
Last years PDC was in november so seems it has been put in the bin for this year! As for doing the licence course insted of the Pdc i think would be sole destroying as your only get a handfull of laps in the rover and they dont even let you near a single seater!
Old 13 Dec 2006, 20:48 (Ref:1790089)   #10
Brendan Lennon
Rookie

Brendan Lennon should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Even the single seaters are restricted to 3,500rpm though ?, maybe if you asked for a few laps in your own car or something instead.

In the 'payback' trackday, 3 rally drivers basically volunteered their services from each club around the country, and paid €150 for use of track, then offered free rides to marshals and others who put in the effort during the year.

It was good craic and any profits left over went to charity